Author Topic: Ah laptop  (Read 1530 times)

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Ah laptop
« on: March 04, 2011, 07:10:33 PM »
it was suggested that I come here looking for a laptop, my price range is -500$, i dont care much for graphics and I won't be playing online. I'm 14 and can't get far in terms of distance. Live in GTA.

Offline Zester

• Zinc Member
      • Virtual Flying Corps
Re: Ah laptop
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
Sorry but I dont know what GTA stands for but I am assuming you live in the US. If so then you could probably get the best bargain online and get it delivered to your location. If not then your choices will be driven by price and availability. I have a 1gb netbook that I can play AH2 on and they are mostly below $500 here in Australia but I would not recommend using it for games as it is too slow. I wish you luck. :)
Work to live don't live to work

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~baxter/

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 05:42:59 PM »
Live in GTA.
I think it stands for "Greater Tokyo Area"
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:45:30 PM »
Im from Ontario Canada, and GTA stands for Greater Toronto Area. So a netbook is good for AH? they are about 150-ish in Canada

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 09:00:43 PM »
sure, if your netbook fits within these specs...you could do it...

Game Requirements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minimum 
Operating System 2000/XP/Vista/7
CPU 1.8GHz Pentium 4 or faster
System RAM/Memory 512MB
Video Card DirectX 9 compatible with 64MB of RAM
Input Devices Keyboard and Mouse3 Keyboard, Mouse, and Joystick
Internet Connection Modem dial-up Broadband land based4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
1) Depending on the configuration of the Vista/Windows 7 operating system it could be desirable to have a minimum of 1.5GB of RAM, and a recommended of 2GB of RAM in your computer.
2) Generally speaking, many onboard video chips may not meet the hardware standards to operate the game. It is normally better to go with an AGP/PCI-E based video card as opposed to a built-in video chip.
3) The game is generally easier and more fun to play when a joystick is available.
4) Satellite connections to the game have latencies which make it difficult to do anything real time.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 09:02:45 PM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 09:15:16 PM »
it was suggested that I come here looking for a laptop, my price range is -500$, i dont care much for graphics and I won't be playing online. I'm 14 and can't get far in terms of distance. Live in GTA.

In most cases laptops are not good for games. Some play some games well, but not many will play AH well. The specs for playing the game on the main page are just that, just to play the game. If you want eye candy and all the bells and whistles then a hopped up laptop, which means expensive is your only real choice. On the other hand $500 will build you a decent desktop. 

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 02:25:52 AM »
i dont think you can send a laptop to tokyo and be cheaper than what you can find there.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 10:34:14 AM »
i dont think you can send a laptop to tokyo and be cheaper than what you can find there.

semp

he is in canada.

the cheapest laptop i can think of for gaming is around 1200.00 bucks. but thats not saying much too
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 04:29:51 PM »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 10:59:19 PM »
oh and btw, which brand of processor would you recommend?

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 08:57:46 PM »
If you are looking for a good gaming laptop, it has to be alienware.  They make some of the best gaming computers out there (and they have a bunch of flashing lights and moving airvents that make no sense what so ever).  I do belive that they are a bit pricy though. I was looking a while ago and the cheapest model was about $750 US but it had way more that what would be needed to run AH. (5GHz processor and 8GB of RAM)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 11:03:16 PM »
I paid $300 for my netbook about 26 months ago.  It will run Aces high, but only at 4-5FPS at the most minimal settings possible.  I wouldn't count on a netbook doing that job for you very well.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »
for a while i played on a laptop. 512mb video memory, 3 gb RAM, and i think a dual core processor. 800 bucks for it...and it was only fast on the web. geta cheapy build. It'll probably be a little more then 500..but it will be WELL worth the money for AH.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 12:36:38 AM »
Im from Ontario Canada, and GTA stands for Greater Toronto Area. So a netbook is good for AH? they are about 150-ish in Canada

i thought it was Grand Theft Auto
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 04:05:17 PM »
-AoM-