Author Topic: Ju-52  (Read 3999 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Ju-52
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 05:44:00 AM »
been needed for a long time...  :aok
How, exactly, has it been needed?

In the MA all sides have access to all aircraft, so there is no need to cater to Luftwaffe fetishes and, to the best of my knowledge, there has yet to be a scenario that uses even the C-47.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 07:02:16 AM »

In the MA all sides have access to all aircraft, so there is no need to cater to Luftwaffe fetishes and, to the best of my knowledge, there has yet to be a scenario that uses even the C-47.
i know karnak, you would be happy if ah was nothing but u.s. and british fetishes...that's ok...we all understand.

considering the c-47 is the only flying troop transport available in ah, i'm not surprised special events don't generally have that particular dynamic involved...looking past ones own nose, imagine special events with a few little things being available...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 08:40:04 AM »
This has been wished for many times and would help with the immersion aspect. Being an AvA dude I'd really like to see country specific transports.

Seems like it wouldn't require a lot of work, just use the existing C-47 flight model and adjust top speed as necessary, I'd take it without guns even.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »

Using that criteria a great number of vehicles would not have been added including the Allies fetish for armor.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »
i know karnak, you would be happy if ah was nothing but u.s. and british fetishes...that's ok...we all understand.

considering the c-47 is the only flying troop transport available in ah, i'm not surprised special events don't generally have that particular dynamic involved...looking past ones own nose, imagine special events with a few little things being available...
You must have me confused with somebody else.  I'm the guy who gets accused of being anti-American due to my persistent objections to more American stuff. The only British aircraft I advocate right now is the Wellington....so that the Luftwaffe in early war can have an Allied bomber they can actually catch.

Note that I didn't say the Ju-52 wasn't a valid want.  I said it wasn't needed, and it isn't.  It is perfectly valid to want it though.

Using that criteria a great number of vehicles would not have been added including the Allies fetish for armor.
Allied armor fetish?  You play the same game?  We have five Allied tanks based on two chassis.  We have three German tanks that are three completely separate chassis.  That doesn't seem entirely imbalanced to me.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »
Note that I didn't say the Ju-52 wasn't a valid want.  I said it wasn't needed, and it isn't.  It is perfectly valid to want it though.
it is needed...just not in the main arenas...actually for the lw arenas there aren't many planes really "needed"...but for special events, which are the only reasons some people keep their subscriptions going, little silly planes like the ju-52 are needed.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 02:51:47 PM »

well maybe we dont/didnt need the SBD because the Ju 87 does a good enough job of that [divebombing] on its own? or we didnt need the Spitfire because the Me-109K was just as good a fighter? correct me if im wrong, but this GAME isnt only about the combat and/or evenly matched aspect, it also has the element of look, and exploiting each vehicle's/aircraft's weaknesses and strengths. war wasnt always evenly matched (points to the Pacific Theatre)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 02:55:19 PM »
You must have me confused with somebody else.  I'm the guy who gets accused of being anti-American due to my persistent objections to more American stuff. The only British aircraft I advocate right now is the Wellington....so that the Luftwaffe in early war can have an Allied bomber they can actually catch.

Allied armor fetish?  You play the same game?  We have five Allied tanks based on two chassis.  We have three German tanks that are three completely separate chassis.  That doesn't seem entirely imbalanced to me.

Now we are talking balance  :D  I was poking at you.  At first you said wanting Ju52s was part of a Luftwaffe fetish, now you are saying that it is valid to want it.  Seems like someone won you over.

I used the armor issue to make a point.  I am assuming that you remember the only tank we had was the Panzer, somewhere in there the M8, then the Tiger, then T34.  Still no American steel, so all Allies had at the time was a fast Russian tank with a slow rate of fire.  Recently, some of the "holes" have been filled with the Shermans. 

So, which is it?  Do we need historical combatants or just role play equipment?  "I am Sherman pschwwnnng.... pschwwnnng...."  "No, your not!. You're a panzer pschwwngg..... pschwwnnng..."  "No I am not, your a panzer.  So how can I be a panzer too?  pschwwnng..............."  (blows smoke from pistol finger)  ...." you're dead"

Ju52 may be just a bump not a hole for some, but for those who run scenarios and certainly the Axis versus Allies, it is an obvious detour.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 12:20:09 AM »
it is needed...just not in the main arenas...actually for the lw arenas there aren't many planes really "needed"...but for special events, which are the only reasons some people keep their subscriptions going, little silly planes like the ju-52 are needed.
It is most certainly not needed for special events. Neither is the C-47.  No special event has ever used a C-47 and I see no reason why the Ju52 would change that.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 03:22:01 PM »
It is most certainly not needed for special events.

Needed?  No, but you could use it in early Mediterranean events as a bomber since it filled that role also.  It's an effective replacement for the SM 81 Pipistrello, used as a cargo plane and bomber, as well.  This would obviate all German/Italian bombers being simply the ju87 and 88.
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 06:30:42 PM »
Ju-52 was used as a bomber?
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 06:38:11 PM »
unless their troops exploded i dont think so... correct me if im wrong

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2011, 12:54:27 AM »
It was used as a bomber during the Spanish Civil War.  I am unaware of any such use later than 1939 at the latest.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2011, 12:55:02 AM »
Thanks for that tid bit of info Karnak
Ла-5 Пилот снова