Author Topic: engine #2 wep, other  (Read 470 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
engine #2 wep, other
« on: February 18, 2011, 12:33:09 AM »
Is this engine bug of having engine #1 wep if engine #2 is out but no wep if engine #1 is out ever going to be fixed?

Also have noticed a bug in the startup of the p38. if i'm in a dive and start to compress, one of the things I do is kill the engine, pull up and restart the engine. However, what happens is that the engine doesn't start. I have to hit the E key several times then it will finally start.

Have noticed that when in a 190 and you run out of fuel in one of the tanks, the engine dies but automatically starts up when you switch fuel tanks. This isn't the same in other planes.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Re: engine #2 wep, other
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 12:41:06 AM »
Same thing happens in a 262. Loose an engine and you cant shut off the other one unless you select the engine manually.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 08:57:11 AM »
Have noticed that when in a 190 and you run out of fuel in one of the tanks, the engine dies but automatically starts up when you switch fuel tanks. This isn't the same in other planes.

i think its because it's still windmilling in single engine planes.. in the multi eng planes the prop feathers and stops completely, so ya need to start it again.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 04:01:21 AM »
Ok, this seems to have been fixed. #2 engine now has wep with #1 out. thanks HTC
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 10:19:30 PM »

If you prop is still rotating the engine will start as soon as you give it fuel, if it's not you have to use the starter.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 12:26:28 PM »
Ok, this seems to have been fixed. #2 engine now has wep with #1 out. thanks HTC

If you use the keyboard to designate an engine (ie shift 1, E, then press shift 2) you can wep each engine independently. If you select 'control all engines' (CNTL E) it will stop the independent wep operation of the one engine. If you have throttles for individual engines, you cannot wep engines independently at all.

The bug you mentioned above is intermittent, sometimes after losing an engine from battle damage you can wep the other, and sometimes you can't. It has not been fixed, you just got lucky that time.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 12:28:17 PM »
forum lag
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:56:20 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!