Author Topic: Battle Over Germany patch  (Read 7952 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Battle Over Germany patch
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2012, 11:29:14 PM »
For what it's worth, keep in mind the costs Brooke is taking on for these things even with donations.  The more complicated the design with shape and colors, the pricier it's probably going to get.    Maybe he'll say different, but I know when thinking of having a patch done in a past scenario for my Group, the more colors and shape the more it cost.

The other thing I'd suggest, and it's just my opinion and worth nothing more then that, is to think of a pilot's A2 or B10 jacket when designing them.  Would it look appropriate either as a shoulder patch or on the front of a pilot's jacket?

Again, just my opinion, but I think worth taking into consideration
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Battle Over Germany patch
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2012, 12:48:22 AM »
I had taken that into account Guppy. From past discussions I believe that Brooke said either 7 or 9 was the limit on unique colors for the price he was paying. I can't recall which, but I was at 7, so either way I think the colors are safe. The design isn't bad shape-wise, as it could still fit in a row of round circle patches, or be near "badge"-shaped patches, or where ever you want to categorize it. I think simply having every patch be round isn't a good thing.

I was kind of getting my inspiration from patches like:

You have valid points and I have tried to keep them in mind.