Author Topic: g940 settings  (Read 3241 times)

Offline hyster

• Copper Member
g940 settings
« on: March 25, 2011, 01:27:07 AM »
could some1 kindly post there settings for the g940 pls.

im having trouble getting the ffb past just being a solid feel, dose not seem to have feed back from the game.

also the button / analogue layout as i can not decide what to assign were.

thanks

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: g940 settings
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 08:14:43 AM »
Are you running the software from Logitech? Have you done the firmware update?

My profile was never really fleshed out or I would send it...

Strip

Offline hyster

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 08:43:43 AM »
im using the software of the cd. no firmware update as my stick "seems" ok.

im just at a lose after moving from an x-52. only a few of the functions i had mapped can i reuse.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 12:30:11 PM »
First you need to forget the CD drivers.  Unplug your G940 and uninstall all of the drivers for it.  The drivers that come with the CD are known to be buggy.

Now download the new drivers from the website.  The newest of them is 5.10.

32 Bit windows:
ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs510.exe

64 Bit windows:
ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs510_x64.exe

Now plug in the joystick and cancel out when it tries to install drivers.  Then run the lgs510 version you just downloaded and install it.

Once you are done with that now download and install the newest firmware for the stick.  If the firmware updater locks up on you, don't sweat it.  Just quit out of it and run it again.  It will work the second time:
ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/G940_Update_FW0142.exe

As far as programming it goes, I like to use the shift function, and I don't care much about the MODE switch.  The shift function means that if you hold down the pinky trigger and press a button, that button does something different than if you were to just press it.  This basically doubles the amount of commands you can program to the stick.

Almost all of the non-shifted commands are left unprogrammed in the Logitech software and programmed in Aces High instead.  Since Aces High doesn't support shift functions, the shifted commands (and some un-shifted macros I have set up) have to be programmed with the Logitech software.  I need to write up a 'how-to' for setting this up.  Hrmm.. maybe a good project for today.

*Note: You'll notice that the links above point to a goo.gl mini-url because this message board software wants to put a http: in front of the ftp: links.  I can assure you that the mini url's point directly to the links I posted.  If you aren't sure about them then feel free to cut/paste those links into the address bar of your browser.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 03:32:52 PM »
I got bored and made a G940 Template to make it easier to show off your settings.  OK I 'stole' it from images.google but highly modified it.

If you want to dowload the blank template, CLICK HERE to get it (or right click/save as).

Here is how I have mine programmed as of now.  Feel free to ask any questions and I'll explain to you how I did it:

Offline hyster

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 04:40:24 PM »
big thanks tigger.

i didnt realize that it was a duel trigger  :eek: .

i spent 3 years with the x52 and only ever used the shift for the view 45deg.

did u program the buttons in the logitech app or in ah2?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »
I would not update the firmware in the stick. It ruins the trim forces.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 05:21:40 PM »
big thanks tigger.

i didnt realize that it was a duel trigger  :eek: .

i spent 3 years with the x52 and only ever used the shift for the view 45deg.

did u program the buttons in the logitech app or in ah2?

It was a combination of both.  The 'shifted' command HAVE to be programmed through the Logitech software as AH doesn't support it.  Most of the unshifted commands are programmed within AH.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 05:25:28 PM »
I would not update the firmware in the stick. It ruins the trim forces.

FLS, that was two firmware updates ago.  I had heard of horror stories as to how the trim forces changed and was reluctant to update, but curiosity got the best of me back then and I ended up caving and updating mine.  I did not feel any real noticeable difference after the update.  From what I've been reading it's some other games that had issues after the firmware update more so than Aces High.

The LATEST update (from 12/2010) dramatically improves the accuracy of the stick's X and Y axes.  This makes a HUGE improvement in the stick.

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 05:42:02 PM »
Thanks for all this info, gents, goin to the top of m favourites list.  :aok
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 06:28:11 PM »
FLS, that was two firmware updates ago.  I had heard of horror stories as to how the trim forces changed and was reluctant to update, but curiosity got the best of me back then and I ended up caving and updating mine.  I did not feel any real noticeable difference after the update.  From what I've been reading it's some other games that had issues after the firmware update more so than Aces High.

The LATEST update (from 12/2010) dramatically improves the accuracy of the stick's X and Y axes.  This makes a HUGE improvement in the stick.

I'm not going to search for it but I'm pretty sure you posted that you noticed a difference in trim force modeling after the first update and I'm sure that nothing has been done to restore it since. I expect you got used to flying without it. Still waiting for version 6 but I'm not hopeful.

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 10:24:18 PM »
A very basic question: has anyone got ffb working in AH? The only thing I've got that function properly is increased resistance on the stick when in compression, and the occasional donkey kick when I take my hand off the stick to type or some such. I have just updated to the newest software and firmware, using a brand new stick (the trottle and pedals are about a year old).
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 11:13:25 AM »
FFB works in AH. I assume you have a G940. Prior to the firmware update the feel of the G940 went smoothly from very light at low speeds to stiff at high speeds. There used to be a vibration along with the stall horn but that was removed by HTC. There is a bucking from the stall at the point where the cockpit frame shakes. There is a high speed buffet. You can feel a hit when you collide with something. You can feel the guns fire. If you have a damaged aircraft the stick bucking is almost unmanageable and you're best bet is to uncover the stick sensor with your hand to stop the FFB.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 11:46:50 AM »
Can you disable the FFB entirely?  Would rather do without that. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 12:48:30 PM »
FFB works in AH. I assume you have a G940. Prior to the firmware update the feel of the G940 went smoothly from very light at low speeds to stiff at high speeds. There used to be a vibration along with the stall horn but that was removed by HTC. There is a bucking from the stall at the point where the cockpit frame shakes. There is a high speed buffet. You can feel a hit when you collide with something. You can feel the guns fire. If you have a damaged aircraft the stick bucking is almost unmanageable and you're best bet is to uncover the stick sensor with your hand to stop the FFB.

Yes, the resistance the stick provides does gradually increase for me, however none of the other phenomenon mentioned work properly. Any ideas s to why?

Can you disable the FFB entirely?  Would rather do without that. 

Yes, I believe you can shut ffb off both in the Logitech profiler, as well as in AH itself.
O Jagdgeschwader 77