Author Topic: "horde" moratorium  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
Re: "horde" moratorium
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 02:39:40 AM »
I think the numbers of the people in the horde depends on the ratio, if there is 1 nit and 5 bish that that's a horde, if there are 4 nits and 5 bith than that's not a horde, if there are 5 nits and 20bish than that's a horde.

Well, u got it right on the spot there, cuz almost all the time is the vHord.. the bishops "team Working" on fields with no defense or just a few.. and we all know that when the bish "team work" is not like 4 or 5 of them... is mostly 20-30 (even more), I can be wrong in here but thats a horde to me    :neener:

And I know how to work the horde... but even that I hate the horde  :)
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 03:54:08 AM »
You may as well keep detesting us because we certainly aren't going anywhere.

ahh but in 2 years your going to get bored of the horde, and look for something new in the game.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 04:43:46 AM »
The players that hate them the most are those that realize they like to fight but haven't yet learned how to effectively fight the horde yet.  So what I'm saying is, if you detest hordes, it is because you have a lot left to learn.

Says the man with 10 000 perk points to 'defeat' the 262 purchase price at will.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 04:51:46 AM »
Says the man with 10 000 perk points to 'defeat' the 262 purchase price at will.

I agree with him, and I don't have 10,000 perks.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 05:21:37 AM »
I agree with him, and I don't have 10,000 perks.

Do share the secret.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 05:38:27 AM »
Well I usually keep quiet and just read but a couple of beers have made me loquacious (sp?).

The word "horde" and folks talking about it being a bad thing is starting to get under my skin.  Yep there are those folks who like to furball, be it in aircraft or even gv's (yes they furball too but in their own little way) but there are others, like myself, who like to take real estate.  I don't especially like to die even in cartoon world.  Do I get ticked off if I die, sometimes, but I try to tell myself it's just a silly game and reup.

For those realtors of us it makes sense to have as much of an advantage as possible when doing our thing to keep our cartoon planes flying.  I don't have a military background but did attend a college that was one of 4 senior military colleges in the states.  This meant that I was in a corps of cadets, lived in barracks-style dorms, wore uniforms and took four total years of Army ROTC.  I never served active duty for personal reasons but hold an extreme respect for those who did/do.  There we learned lots of different things from history to basic squad infantry tactics.  There was an interesting acronym (goodness how the military loves it's acronyms) that I always think of when folks begin to state their disgust in hordes.  This acronym is MOSSMOUSE and here it is spelled out:
Mass
Offensive
Simplicity
Surprise
Maneuver
Objective
Unity of Command
Security
Economy of Force

The first one is there for a reason (not to make a cute acronym that sounds like a slow moving rodent) MASS.  If you out number the enemy you have a good chance of beating him.  Did Stormin' Norman go into Iraq with only a wing of attack aircraft?  Heck no!  He hit them with everything he had including a coalition of nations that dwarfed the Iraqi army. 

Here is that acronym again in AH terms:

Mass: already said. enough pilots/gv drivers to get the job done even with attrition
Offensive:  taking the attack.  Move forward and not wait for the enemy to attack first
Simplicity:  mission planner puts together a mission with a select group of A/C to accomplish mission
Surprise:  NOE???
Maneuver:  "we pop right before town, buffs hit town, JABO's hit hangers and hold remainder for gv's and provide cap, goons standby until needed"
Objective:  we hit this first then, next, then next so on and so forth until we get the base to turn green
Unity of Command:  simple in AH.  This is mission vox, I made the mission therefore I'm in command...
Security:  Hey what are those fighters doing over the field?  Some say vulchers I call them security.
Economy of force:  make sure everyone is working toward the objective.  If you die come back in a ...

I'm beginning to think that the folks who complain the most about the "hordes" are either too inept to fight them, want everyone to fight where they will get an easy kill (sorry but you don't pay my $15 for me), or have had their sister taken by a horde.  I don't want to tell someone how to play the game any more than I want them to dictate to me how I should play but get over it folks!  It's part of the game.  If you don't like it, find a way to beat the horde (pork their ords to prevent the attack) or go to the DA. 

Well, i'm sure i've offended someone and i'm not really sorry.  It's a tough world, wear a helmet.  The excess beer in my system is screaming to get out and i've said all I wanted to said, and I plan on saying nothing more.

Thanks for your time.

-Climber
77th FS "Gamblers"
Usually found on fire being shot to oblivion in some "horde"/base take.  Occasionally even attempting to get some furball action in order to try to learn more ACM thus bettering myself in game and take more real estate.

This is great :salute

8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 05:43:36 AM »

neither do I, I think I have 15,000  :neener:
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 05:48:15 AM »
neither do I, I think I have 15,000  :neener:

:O I have about 4% of that.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 06:00:00 AM »
This is great :salute

Real life warfare does not apply to game world. Real life war is as far from fun as it can be.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 06:11:52 AM »
Real life warfare does not apply to game world. Real life war is as far from fun as it can be.

Unless you're sadistic.. Or masochistic... Then it's heaven.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 06:58:56 AM »
 :rofl I stopped reading this thread right here...  :aok

The players that hate them the most are those that realize they like to fight but haven't yet learned how to effectively fight the horde yet.  So what I'm saying is, if you detest hordes, it is because you have a lot left to learn.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2011, 08:14:09 AM »

You are such a pompous and assuming individual.  Fighting the hordes involve using the exact opposite logic that the hordes themselves use.  While hordes come in and lay waste to everything they can and use overwhelming numbers, a single defender (with speed) can simply hunt the 1 (or few) important thing that matters to the vHordes' success: the goon.  Better yet, a proactive bloke can keep the ammo bunkers down from the strategically important nearby fields and that too will help stave off the hordes.  I've had good luck and fun coming in at 10k and BnZ'in the vHordes.   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2011, 08:18:55 AM »
No offense but... Guess which one of this horde is HiVolt?

EVERYBODY seems to be hording these days.  Stop talking chit.   :D

You are such a pompous and assuming individual.  Fighting the hordes involve using the exact opposite logic that the hordes themselves use.  While hordes come in and lay waste to everything they can and use overwhelming numbers, a single defender (with speed) can simply hunt the 1 (or few) important thing that matters to the vHordes' success: the goon.  Better yet, a proactive bloke can keep the ammo bunkers down from the strategically important nearby fields and that too will help stave off the hordes.  I've had good luck and fun coming in at 10k and BnZ'in the vHordes.    

I should also add though that I can't argue with what the man is saying about horde stoppage.  A couple of goon killers turn what should be a quick swipe into a long drawn out fight to the finish!  Maybe the anti-horde folk should think about it like that a little more often! 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:26:00 AM by LLogann »
See Rule #4

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 08:20:04 AM »
EVERYBODY seems to be hording these days.  Stop talking chit.

Yeah, but mostly the Bishops.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 08:20:44 AM »
See Rule #4