Author Topic: Idea to prevent 2 account cheating  (Read 4194 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Idea to prevent 2 account cheating
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 11:39:13 PM »
It wouldnt prevent anything at all. All it prevents is a single person spying. Two people can still spy on seperate accounts. It's pointless, I'm sorry.

Be encouraged by the fact that 95% of people don't care enough about 'the war' to bother spying.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 06:03:04 AM »
"You can't hide your Lyin' Eyes!!"  :uhoh

Song is gonna be stuck in my head all day now................Thanks  :lol

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 07:08:57 AM »
Don't get the comments about chasing Dots? I am asking for the option to turn off your green dot! Can't chase one if its not there!

Let me ask inject another question; What would it hurt if a pilot had the option of turning off his green dot?

None I think, and it would prevent one form of cheating.

OldDoom  :)

Here's what you don't get. You see a dot on your monitor out of icon range. It isn't on dar so it must be an enemy so you chase it. Turns out it's just a paranoid goon driver on your own side and you just wasted gas and time.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 08:18:01 AM »
But why not have a simple option to prevent abuse of this loophole?

What do you have against "Duh, KILL GOON"?

<snicker, snicker>
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 11:31:13 AM »
Don't get the comments about chasing Dots? I am asking for the option to turn off your green dot! Can't chase one if its not there!

Let me ask inject another question; What would it hurt if a pilot had the option of turning off his green dot?

None I think, and it would prevent one form of cheating.

OldDoom  :)
where is the "cheating" part? someone have an aimbot, god mode hack, neon skin hack or something like that?

so you go in, turn off your green dot on dar option...if no one else does, your little green dot is still on their clipboard.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 11:45:50 AM »

Be encouraged by the fact that 95% of people don't care enough about 'the war' to bother spying.

+ a bazillion
-AoM-

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 11:50:07 AM »
So..... Basically, no father/mother and son/daughter can play together because they use the same default gateway? 

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 12:03:49 PM »
No offense intended, but why is it we see posts like this from someone with a .09 K/D.  To me it seems they should learn the game before suggesting that people with 2 accounts are having an impact on game play.  It's kind of like someone telling Emeril to change a recipe before tasting the dish...  :noid

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »
So..... Basically, no father/mother and son/daughter can play together because they use the same default gateway? 

Not so sure you read this thread, but all the same -1 to the OP. 

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 12:13:09 PM »
I don't even see the issue with that...
spies == combat.

If your goal is to not fight other humans, play off line.

+ another bazillion
-AoM-

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 12:19:56 PM »
No offense intended, but why is it we see posts like this from someone with a .09 K/D.  To me it seems they should learn the game before suggesting that people with 2 accounts are having an impact on game play.  It's kind of like someone telling Emeril to change a recipe before tasting the dish...  :noid

It's more like somebody writing Conde Nast with bad things to say about a restaurant's bathrooms - after they deliberately dropped trou and splatted a chunkload of corrosive hoishey squoit onto the floor in that same bathroom...

or would it be more like them dinging the condition of the restaurant's bathrooms after they stood on the lid and cigar-stubbed one onto the wall?

Maybe it'd be more like if they did the above after using the sink or urinal for an "inappropriate deposit".

Anyway, yeah, .09 is pretty bad. I killed a guy... or more like got on his six and watched him kill himself... the other w/e. I looked him up and he had a .04 k/d. I won't say who it was. Occasionally, though,  I get the pleasure of watching a good pilot do a dumb thing. I saw one such last w/e by one who inhabits this very board. I won't call him out but I was deadstick after ho'ing a B-17. His approach in the 190 was calculated and deliberate. When he closed to about d600, I waggled my Ki a bit, just to try to throw his aim. He continued firing, his engine roar drawing nearer, nearer, then I saw him, then <BOOM> and a system message. Nyuk, nyuk.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 12:50:32 PM »
An IP address should not have more than one account at a given arena. They should get discoed & reported. Cheating was wrong in school when you were young right? It's still wrong now. We up a mission and get there to find a bunch of enemy flying around waiting for us before we get there. In the same direction from their base? Knowing we were NOE? Looking for us on the deck? When there was no dar there before the mission. Cheaters on here suck! Just like companies who believe cheating you out of your money & say, "Oh that's just business". Don't try to say cheating is OK, or it's rare because it never happens to you.  :ahand
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 12:56:14 PM »
 :uhoh  Not really it seems......    ;)

Not so sure you read this thread, but all the same -1 to the OP. 

That would be impossible!   :aok

An IP address should not have more than one account at a given arena.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »
An IP address should not have more than one account at a given arena. They should get discoed & reported. Cheating was wrong in school when you were young right? It's still wrong now

Since when is father and son flying and having fun together "cheating" ?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 02:29:24 PM »
Since when is father and son flying and having fun together "cheating" ?

Lusche, do I really have to answer that?

It's when they shoots hizzace down.