Author Topic: Idea to prevent 2 account cheating  (Read 4154 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Idea to prevent 2 account cheating
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »
Here's what you don't get. You see a dot on your monitor out of icon range. It isn't on dar so it must be an enemy so you chase it. Turns out it's just a paranoid goon driver on your own side and you just wasted gas and time.

Its even worse when it turns out to be something fast, say, chasing a dar-dotless Mosquito when you are in a P-51.  You'll catch him, but you are both fast and have lots of fuel so it can take a long time to get to icon range.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 02:47:35 PM »
An IP address should not have more than one account at a given arena.

cheating never happens to me.  I don't do anything in the game that a spy would want to spy on.

tunes used to fly 4 or 5 sets of bombers by himself. who cares?

my brother and I play on the same connection. what are we supposed to do, buy another cable connection? are you really this dense / paranoid?

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:50:06 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 03:32:56 PM »

my brother and I play on the same connection. what are we supposed to do, buy another cable connection? are you really this dense / paranoid?

The "force" is not strong with that one ... forgive him.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 05:21:29 PM »

cheating never happens to me.  I don't do anything in the game that a spy would want to spy on.

tunes used to fly 4 or 5 sets of bombers by himself. who cares?

Speaking for myself, Kvuo, probably.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 05:25:43 PM »
Anyway, yeah, .09 is pretty bad. I killed a guy... or more like got on his six and watched him kill himself... the other w/e. I looked him up and he had a .04 k/d. I won't say who it was. Occasionally, though,  I get the pleasure of watching a good pilot do a dumb thing. I saw one such last w/e by one who inhabits this very board. I won't call him out but I was deadstick after ho'ing a B-17. His approach in the 190 was calculated and deliberate. When he closed to about d600, I waggled my Ki a bit, just to try to throw his aim. He continued firing, his engine roar drawing nearer, nearer, then I saw him, then <BOOM> and a system message. Nyuk, nyuk.
sounds like some of the stuff i do..."look, sitting duck!!!"..."ah poop, this is going to leave a mark"...*tower*
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2011, 06:13:57 PM »
sounds like some of the stuff i do..."look, sitting duck!!!"..."ah poop, this is going to leave a mark"...*tower*

Last w/e was ki-84 w/e for me. I was having some success - started with a big 4 k/d, then overstayed my welcome and burned it down to a .7 or so - but was still getting some kills. I happened on some "loser" in a P40E who treated me like the cheapest byotch. I forget who it was but he was on me from jump - until I died. I recognized the name from the bbs. He was definitely skilled with that piece of junk.

Yep, plenty to learn yet.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »
I had two accounts from the same ISP for a few months.  My squad never switches sides and I wanted to tour and get to know more people in Aces High, so I made a second account and used it to fly Knights and Rooks some.  Never used it to spy. 

Cancelled the second account some time ago, I just wasn't using it enough to justify paying for it.

O! rly?  :aok
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 08:51:12 PM »
This will never work. Last week, rook codebreakers found out bish were running a mission but didnt know where. Bish just called it target EF.
Thinking that the target base was A93, I sent an uncoded message that the we were having water problems at A93 and when the bish generals sent out a message that target EF had water problems, we busted the raid and won the war. :joystick:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:10:11 PM by oTRALFZo »
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 10:02:07 AM »
This will never work. Last week, rook codebreakers found out bish were running a mission but didnt know where. Bish just called it target EF.
Thinking that the target base was A93, I sent an uncoded message that the we were having water problems at A93 and when the bish generals sent out a message that target EF had water problems, we busted the raid and won the war. :joystick:

Wow. I bet the mastermind Bish was flying a goon some time after that and you intercepted hizzace with a slew of P-38s, thus depriving the Bish of their top Evil Mastermind, who doubtless was educated in your country.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2011, 10:10:33 AM »
AF my brotha!!!    That is one of my top 3 WWII movies!   :aok

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 12:59:55 PM »
Since when is father and son flying and having fun together "cheating" ?

OK, Why would the start off on different teams & end up on the same one?  :D
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »
Oh I don't know, maybe to see who's "best" in the family and then end up winging together on the same team.

I've done it with both my father and my brother in law. Sons can't stand the game. :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2011, 01:34:44 PM »
OK, Why would the start off on different teams & end up on the same one?  :D

Why do they have to fly for the same side?

It seems poeple like you feel that it's best to chop off the head to cure a case of the sniffles.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2011, 03:11:39 PM »
Why do they have to fly for the same side?

It seems poeple like you feel that it's best to chop off the head to cure a case of the sniffles.

ack-ack

Not! Chop what head off?  :noid  I'm not implying that I know all the ways to cheat or how to stop then, but I believe more could be done. Some people like to cheat, see absolutely nothing wrong with it, & defend the right to continue doing it. Some folks even teach their kids to cheat & then are all confused when the kid gets caught & in trouble for cheating on something else more serious. If cheating were not an issue there would be no need for rules on here. Whatever. I don't know you & you don't know me, I won't make direct judgments on anyone I don't know personally, unless I witness it, but on the situation which can lead to cheating, I will discuss, to keep folks thinking. For instance; If someone bails after all the mission specifics are discussed, then shows up on the roster on a opposing team, our mission is a bust, All kinds of cons there when we arrive, on the side of the base we were coming from...? Nah you're right. It was a coincidence.  :huh   
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011, 05:45:09 PM »
I admire the OPs thoughts. However, if they want two accounts I don't care. In fact I think it's good for Hitech.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter