Author Topic: AvA  (Read 512 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
AvA
« on: April 05, 2011, 08:21:05 AM »
I got into it last night in the AvA. I encourage all to sample the action over there. After all, flying with an icon is like wearing a jimmy hat or socks in the bathtub.

Me and the other Luftwaffe boys gave a decent account of ourselves, I think, since I was probably the worst pilot on our side and still managed 1:1 against Puma44 and C4310 (???). In any case, it's the experience MA IS NOT - intense 1:1 and damn good practice.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: AvA
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 11:24:08 AM »
 :D  you can still get jumped by 2 or more in there on occasion...some don't mind and actually enjoy the challenge...others get their panties wadded.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 02:37:14 PM »
PJ,

Glad to hear about folks willing to try out the no icon deal in the Axis versus Allies arena.   :aok 

It was brought into standard play about 1 year ago.  Since then the popularity has grown.  What my friend Lethrneck colorfully describes, is that it is not always one's cup of tea, but once you get a taste for the intensity, you will yearn for that flavor.

Please bring more friends in anytime, feel free to start an AvA squad, and you definitely need to look here:  http://avaarena.webs.com/  Feel free to register at the site, and besides the front page announcement of the current and recent setups, there is a calendar that my good friends work hard to keep updated.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »
:D  you can still get jumped by 2 or more in there on occasion...some don't mind and actually enjoy the challenge...others get their panties wadded.

I don't  :devil

Glad you enjoyed PJ
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 10:38:02 AM »
Shane and Brogy were wasting my ace from their tiffies last night. That's kind of what I'm there for, since, flying the g-14, there's little excuse. I figured I needed to slow them in to the left side of the E-M but repeatedly failed to do so. Meanwhile, they never seemed to miss on their high speed passes. Later, I killed some dude in a Spit but overall, it was a bad night for kills but probably is good for learning.

MA seems to be all about gangs. This is the only arena I've seen with lots of 1-3 on 1-3 action.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 11:23:02 AM »
Shane is pretty good and he never misses his shots.  Or rarely does.  Don't remember running up against Brogy.

Flip sides is I'm pretty bad but I enjoy the heck out of playing.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 05:45:33 PM »
Uhhhhh... i miss *most* of my shots.... take a look at my hit % over the years.. usually hovers between 4-7%.

i make up for it (usually) with my flying.  and with some guns, all you need is that one hit.

:joystick:

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.