Author Topic: How's this for appreciation?  (Read 2766 times)

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
How's this for appreciation?
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:56:54 PM »
Last night I see a "fellow" nameless Knight already engaged in a tussle with 1 and another bogey inbound on him lookin for an easy pick.  I give the obligatory "check six" and get to the fight as soon as my lil zero can get me there.....  I take care of the "interrupter" in very short order and low and behold, what do I hear squeak across VOX....  "it's about TIME!"   Briefly confounded by my "teammate's" gratitude or lack thereof (he was still alive and kicking vs his original bogey) I responded "Excuse me?" to which he responded repeating what I had just uttered albeit in a squeaky/feminine manner....  After a few carefully chosen words I proceeded to let the BnZ'n La7 do his thing on the "friendly" F6F and much to my delight one of the last things I saw as I looked over my shoulder headed away from the fight....  was the "friendly" F6F explode into the prettiest fireball.

In the words of Bill O'Reilly "Where am I going wrong on this?"

~S~  Nishi    now flying as Nishizwa in game   

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: How's this for appreciation?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:59:19 PM »
Wait till you hear the 'one guy' who cusses constantly on range because he was not given a check 6.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 02:07:43 PM »
That's always a no win situation it seems. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 02:13:26 PM »
gotta love kids like that...
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 02:13:37 PM »
Wait till you hear the 'one guy' who cusses constantly on range because he was not given a check 6.

I like those people... I follow them around giving them check 6s up until someone gets behind them.  :devil
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 02:15:25 PM »

When that happens, I have a difficult time suppressing the urge to repeatedly spam them with 6 calls for the rest of the evening, regardless of their situation.

It is nobody's job to watch your six but your own.  Appreciate the six call if it comes, but do not rely on it, and for the love of pete do not squeak about it when it's not there.  Other people are doing their own thing, and have better things to do than constantly watch you do yours.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 02:35:58 PM »
While I agree with you gents regarding 6 calls, there is one situation that is worthy of a good whining.

This is when you get shot down by an un-seen bandit, and on the way down you look back to see several friendlies on his tail.

DON'T USE PEOPLE FOR BAIT!

It's rude.
See Rule #4

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »
WTG Nishi!!! its a sign you will go far in AH!!  :D
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 02:47:49 PM »

Guys like that I will not clear their six or in the future give them a check 6 call.  However, when I see them with a bandit on their six while they are trying to shoot down a bandit at their 12, I will clear the bandit on their 12 and laugh as the bandit on their six takes them out.  Schlowy4 found that out when he whined about how I didn't give him a Check 6 one night.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »
WTG Nishi!!! its a sign you will go far in AH!!  :D

;)   :aok   As if that wasn't enough "justice" for me....   I just checked and the La7 driver was a member of the much maligned "vGUYS".  

Mausil.... not sure if you caught my "good job on the F6F...  La7" in game...  but thanks for making my night.  :cheers:

:salute  Nish

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 03:48:24 PM »
Last night I had taken a F4U-4 over a gv battle (hoping to ward off those egging either side) and find none.  After AFK for a smoke, I come back and see skyrider on range and he kindly warns me of a Spit16 that is making it's way up to me.  The Spit16 sees skyrider and rolls back his way to cherry pick him as he has both alt and E on skyrider.  On VOX I ask if skyrider could use a hand (I don't remember what ride sky was in) and he says "Sure".  The Spit16 takes a b&z on skyrider and then hauls scalded dog for the ack at the base he took off from right down to the deck.  In the F4U-4, it takes almost a sector but we're still a few K from his base and I start lighting him up with 50 cals.  He goes vertical and rolls over...skyrider, who was also in hot persuit, quickly tears the Spit16 to shreads.

Why the long story?

It's an example of countrymates working together, being courteous, and helping each other in a positive way.

Skyrider gave me a heads-up on VOX.  When the Spit16 turned on skyrider, I gave him a heads-up and asked if he needed help.  Between the two of us the con is dead and no one is angry, bent out of shape, or ego bruised because of the respect both countrymates showed in the engagement.

With some people in game think everyone else is supposed to be a mind reader.  It doesn't work that way.  Short, consice, accurate information can really help.  One of the old jokes years ago was "Thou are responsible for thine OWN six".

I can't tell you how many times I DO hear others giving me "Check 6" or equivilent on VOX.  I try and do the same for every countrymate I see in peril or possible peril.  As a result, I take every check 6 I get as a "gift"...as well as help when I need it and the courtesy of others to butt out if I don't.

Long story short...RESPECT and COURTESY go a long way. :aok

For those who lack the two--just brush it off and go on.  Taking the high road pays dividends down the way in this game.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
;)   :aok   As if that wasn't enough "justice" for me....   I just checked and the La7 driver was a member of the much maligned "vGUYS".  

Mausil.... not sure if you caught my "good job on the F6F...  La7" in game...  but thanks for making my night.  :cheers:

:salute  Nish

:rofl  :aok  :salute......now thats funny stuff!
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
 :rofl :rofl yes it is S! Nishi
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 05:27:29 PM »
dam pesky A6M drivers giving check 6's  whatever next   :lol

:bhead
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 06:00:27 PM »
Last night I see a "fellow" nameless Knight already engaged in a tussle with 1 and another bogey inbound on him lookin for an easy pick.  I give the obligatory "check six" and get to the fight as soon as my lil zero can get me there.....  I take care of the "interrupter" in very short order and low and behold, what do I hear squeak across VOX....  "it's about TIME!"   Briefly confounded by my "teammate's" gratitude or lack thereof (he was still alive and kicking vs his original bogey) I responded "Excuse me?" to which he responded repeating what I had just uttered albeit in a squeaky/feminine manner....  After a few carefully chosen words I proceeded to let the BnZ'n La7 do his thing on the "friendly" F6F and much to my delight one of the last things I saw as I looked over my shoulder headed away from the fight....  was the "friendly" F6F explode into the prettiest fireball.

In the words of Bill O'Reilly "Where am I going wrong on this?"

~S~  Nishi    now flying as Nishizwa in game   

I have uttered those same words to fellow Knights who have cleared my six before, but usualy sarcasticly or after having more holes in my plane than adequate words to procreate out of my mouth.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.