Author Topic: Enable Lead Computing Sight in the AH Film Viewer  (Read 275 times)

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
Enable Lead Computing Sight in the AH Film Viewer
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »
I would like to see the Lead Computing Sight (LCS) enabled in the AH film viewer, as an option (check-box) that can be toggled on and off when viewing films, just like the aircraft trails are used now. 

The LCS is currently only available in the TA and in offline game modes.  That is useful of course, but it's also transitory.  The film viewer is an excellent tool to review past combat encounters and learn from them.  A major value of the film viewer is that films can be replayed over and over if need be, until a learning objective is reached. 

Therefore I think HTC should enable the LCS in the viewer as a tool to improve gunnery.  It's simple: by viewing past combat encounters where gunnery was a concern, with the LCS turned on one could then compare how/when a shot was taken versus what the optimum firing solution was according to the LCS.  Granted, one can currently eyeball this during film playback, but having the tool available will be more efficient and obvious to the learning pilot.  For example trainers might be able to more quickly spot obvious gunnery issues in a trainee's film and use the LCS as a point of reference in their discussions with the trainee.  In addition, just as we sometimes use the aircraft trails to visualize ACM, using the LCS in the viewer will also help people better visualize gunnery solutions.  In a nutshell: enabling the LCS in the film viewer would thus expand its utility as a training tool by adding to its repertoire of useful features. 

This feature should only be an option for those that want to use it, and could be initiated on any target aircraft by using the Friendly Lock-on feature, which already does work in the film viewer.  Since Friendly Lock-on already works in the viewer, and the LCS is already developed code, it may not require a great deal of resources to adapt the LCS for the viewer.

:salute

FWIW,

o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Enable Lead Computing Sight in the AH Film Viewer
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »
I believe this would be useful as well. +1  :aok

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11