Author Topic: questions  (Read 1325 times)

Offline whopper

• Zinc Member
questions
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:31:51 AM »
first, why in heavens name do you reward kamikaze pilots? where is the realism in that? when the only reason it is done is cause they can spawn a new plane? suggestion. sure let them take the opponent out, don't reward the kill. seeing as how that is the intended reason for kamikaze.sacrifice. as in sacrifice perk?
 what i am referring to in kamikaze is the guys that intentionally ram you and magically survive.how can a craft that is fast enough to rip your wing off, manage to survive on its own?
 second question is, why does the game reward the nearest opponent a kill if a person crashes. many times i have like maybe lost control. crashed and someone that was in no way able to shoot me or close to me for that matter gets the kill.
vulching makes sense. though i don't do it.kamikaze doesn't.
 as for realism. checked many ww2 sites on tanks and what not.never saw anything where a guy claimed to have shot down a plane with the main gun.
this is the kind of thing i would expect from a  console game. you know?
 the wirb, by description on your site says it is less powerful then a ost, yet, i get one shot by it? from 2 k?
luck is maybe on shot in a x amount, not luck that i don't get shot down by one shot.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: questions
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:18:38 AM »
First ... do a search on "Collisions" and you will see what it's all about because it has been discussed to death on this board. You will see how a person can fly away from a collision and how it is near impossible to "intentionally" ram someone.

Second ... it is called a proxy kill. Can't tell you how many times I have fought someone without any ammo in my guns and have flown them literally into the ground. I would say that I deserved the kill.

Third ... This too has been discussed previously in other threads. Planes have been shot down by a tank's main gun. Not many, but it happened. What makes you think that if a tank can slew his gun into the right position and properly lead the target, it can't get shot down ?

Fourth ... BS on the 2K shot from a whirble. They can only effectively shoot out to 1.5K. As far as the 1 shot kill ... a single 37/20mm round to the head will ruin anyone's day ... and that holds true for any caliber round in this game.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:19:28 AM »
Its a game....

kamikazeees are not rewarded... they lose the plane and minimize perks for the sortie.

In the case of a ram, who lives and who dies depends on who hit who and who saw the hit. Remember there is a degree of lag for each player. What you see may be a little different from another player.

The nearest opponent may get a proxie kill when you crash, even with no damage. The reasoning behind this is that he may have caused your crash by simply causing you to maneuver to either engage him of defend against him.

This may not be exactly correct. It is what I have garnered from previous posts regarding the same.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:25:37 AM »
Whop, all I can say is that if you stick with it, it does get better.  The better one's SA the fewer collisions, and I still get them: either on my end or theirs.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:27:30 AM »
1. Try to intentionally ram someone yourself and you'll see that it's nearly impossible. The game is designed to prevent intentional ramming. Search here for the threads on "collision".

2. Maneuver kills. If you crash near someone they'll get a kill but they receive neither points or perks for it. It's a victory but a small one.

3. If a tank actually gets luck enough to hit you with a shot, he'll kill you. The trouble is, hitting you is highly improbable.

4. The Wirbelwind is four barrel 20mm cannon. Very high rate of fire. If you're silly enough to get near it, it will eat you alive.

5. Film everything. What you perceive is often proven false through the miracle of the film tool available in this game.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 10:28:23 AM »
Collisions function as a result of net lag, if you really want to understand why one person takes damage and the other doesn't the simple answer is only one person saw the collision on their FE (front end).  It is the best solution to the situation when two people sitting on the other side of the world see two slightly different things at any given time.  A better, more in depth explanation is on the trainers website.

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/lag/lag.htm

I can't say for certain but I've always assumed proximity kills are there to prevent someone from losing the fight but bailing out before he took damage and robbing the victor of the kill credit.   Kamikaze's aren't rewarded, they can get a kill credit but if they took damage and crash themselves they do not receive the same score at the end of the sortie, do not get the system name in lights kill message and do not earn as many points for the victory.  

There isn't a way to model the tank guns that would be more realistic, historically tanks generally didn't use their main gun for anti-air purposes but other than accurately modeling flight path and gun ballistics what other option is there?  You would be imposing artificial limitations that also didn't exist, which is more realistic? Most tanks have a limited gun elevation, attack with a steeper angle and they can't shoot you. :)

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »
First, do a search on collisions. In a 1 vs 1 fight there is really 4 planes. The two you see on your computer, and the two your opponent has on his computer. Due to internet lag they are never the same so it is set up so that if you do NOT collide on your screen you won't take damage, unless it's damage from his guns. The important thing is DON'T COLLIDE. And you"ll be good.

Proxy kills are because seeing that guy died and most likely the guy that "should" have been awarded the kill is dead the computer has to give it to some one. Closest guy gets it.

Osty's have a bigger round which is explosive and can reach out pretty far to kill you. Wirble's also have a explosive round 20mill cannon x4 and will hit pretty hard as well. I doubt very much so if you were only hit by one round, only the film would show for sure.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »
Man I type wayyyy too slow on my blackberry. There were NO replies when I started typing !!  LOL!!

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 10:38:44 AM »
There is not a single capital letter in that whole thing........... 

A ram is not a kamikaze.  And maybe you are the only one that rammed.  You need to search a tad, could just be your internet connection.

Those that need to fire their weapons, always, to kill somebody..... Aren't that good. 

Tanks comment.........   This isn't RL, people fly different here, people shoot their main gun different here.   It's sad but true.

At 2k away from a whirble.... YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE THE WW.  So... Got film?

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 10:44:18 AM »
Many times a ram is accidental or in some cases an act of desperation. No one ever knows who will survive and who will not.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 10:56:33 AM »
Tanks' ability to shoot airborne targets may get very nerfed with the upcoming historical optics.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 11:22:54 AM »
1. Try to intentionally ram someone yourself and you'll see that it's nearly impossible. The game is designed to prevent intentional ramming. Search here for the threads on "collision".

Last camp I didn't fire a single round, all my kills were by intentionally ramming the enemy.       :x

Offline Flayed

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 11:33:46 AM »
 I once tried to land my A6M2 on the back of a lanc.  We were both out of ammo so I put gear down and went for it. My approach was perfect but for some reason it still didn't end well for me. :P
Bringing peace to the MA's 1 explody thingy at a time! :)

Pork em Pork em all!!!
  And the best quote EVERRRRR!!!
"All I can say is wow,some people are really stuck on stupid."
HiTech

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 12:04:49 PM »
I once tried to land my A6M2 on the back of a lanc.  We were both out of ammo so I put gear down and went for it. My approach was perfect but for some reason it still didn't end well for me. :P

:rofl
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 12:46:26 PM »
Tanks' ability to shoot airborne targets may get very nerfed with the upcoming historical optics.

Man I hope not.  I never laugh harder than when I get a main gun kill.   :rofl
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com