Author Topic: Orange Solid Locked Out at 100/100  (Read 3015 times)

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
Orange Solid Locked Out at 100/100
« on: April 13, 2011, 11:27:30 PM »
Orange locked out solid for near an hour now...

Even re logging changes nothing

All of my squadies are in Orange and the Arena is STATIC

Arena Cap stuff is not working at all for this paying customer

Out

Oneway

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Orange Solid Locked Out at 100/100
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 11:29:40 PM »
theres a bug that when caps drop below the amount of players in the arena, the "number" of people in the arena goes to the max the cap allows until the "actual number of people in the arena" finally stabilizes. basically there may be 251/100 but it says 100/100.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Hoff

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 11:30:08 PM »
Hurrrrrrrr let's make a massively multiplayer video game, but let's do our own take on it........only 100 players per server.

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 11:32:30 PM »
Hurrrrrrrr let's make a massively multiplayer video game, but let's do our own take on it........only 100 players per server.

That is actually one of HTC's options he has floated.

What would I do?

GO TO THE OTHER ARENA

Invite your skwad.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 11:38:47 PM »
theres a bug that when caps drop below the amount of players in the arena, the "number" of people in the arena goes to the max the cap allows until the "actual number of people in the arena" finally stabilizes. basically there may be 251/100 but it says 100/100.

Yep...

It has to be a bug

All of my squad mates are in Orange...just pm'd them from lobby and they are reporting the pop on the arena has no bearing with the cap set on the arena menu

Great

Oneway

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:39:20 PM »
It's not as simple as going to the other arena.  I've been watching for over an hour now.  Orange has been 100/100, while blue has been 130/200 at certain points.  Blue's cap won't drop from 200, and Orange won't go up from 100.  Orange hasn't changed since 10:30 CST.  What's really funny is that it's the SAME map in both arenas.  The only difference is that there's absolutely no action in Blue.

It's like a schizophrenic Titanic Tuesday.

AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Hoff

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 11:39:24 PM »
Yup, that's exactly why I pay 15 bucks a month, so that I can work towards something and then throw it away to fight on a different map.......Hell no, I pay it so that I can get a sense of accomplishment by taking a base in a persistent world so that I can come back later and keep working on it.

If I wanted to fight on a different map every time I logged in I would've bought IL-2 or something with better graphics. Hell, I'm pretty sure even IL-2 has 32 or 64 player servers and you don't have to pay monthly for that nor does it claim to be massive.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 11:43:29 PM »
Yup, that's exactly why I pay 15 bucks a month, so that I can work towards something and then throw it away to fight on a different map.......Hell no, I pay it so that I can get a sense of accomplishment by taking a base in a persistent world so that I can come back later and keep working on it.

If I wanted to fight on a different map every time I logged in I would've bought IL-2 or something with better graphics. Hell, I'm pretty sure even IL-2 has 32 or 64 player servers and you don't have to pay monthly for that nor does it claim to be massive.

Well, I wouldn't go that far.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 11:47:33 PM »

If it's not fun, take a break.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,309083.msg3993102.html#msg3993102
"We have changed the % of players needed from 70% to 80% to raise the cap on the opposite arena."

Would that mean you need 200*0.8 = 160 players in ... whatever the 200 cap arena is, for the other arena to raise its cap?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 11:58:42 PM »

well actually in some servers there are 128 people :) but you need the mods with the graphic improvments and stuff, but it is a whole different game than AHII and that is why I like both.
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 12:23:32 AM »
It's been said before and it'll be said again, the 100/100 number is not a bug.
It's a recently changed 'feature'.

Yes, I do suppose you have quite some time to learn how HTC works and
how they run their 'massively multiplayer video game'.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Hoff

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 12:45:29 AM »
    If it's not fun, take a break.

It's not that it isn't fun, it's that I can't even play. The blue arena is stale and I spent my time helping orange arena to take bases, I don't just want to leave all that progress behind. Arena caps and multiple arenas in general completely contradict the persistent world selling point.

It's been said before and it'll be said again, the 100/100 number is not a bug.
It's a recently changed 'feature'.

Yes, I do suppose you have quite some time to learn how HTC works and
how they run their 'massively multiplayer video game'.

They advertise the game as massive and persistent. Implementing things that contradict their advertisement is a little silly.

They may keep their old veteran players by doing silly things like this, but newer players like me (granted, I'm not saying all new players think like me, but I've beta tested and played enough mmos to have a general feel for gamers my age) won't put up with stuff like this. You can berate me for not liking it, but it's my 15 bucks a month and I feel entitled to at least voice my concerns. I don't feel entitled to direct the game the way I want, but I'd at least like to think that I can have my opinion be heard by the developer without having to talk with my wallet.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 12:47:43 AM by Hoff »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 12:46:57 AM »
Hoff the game wouldn't have as many players, IE be less massive, if it hadn't gone to the cap formula.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Hoff

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 12:47:58 AM »
Hoff the game wouldn't have as many players, IE be less massive, if it hadn't gone to the cap formula.

Why's that?