Author Topic: Orange Solid Locked Out at 100/100  (Read 2847 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Orange Solid Locked Out at 100/100
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2011, 02:37:43 PM »
If that is the case, I generally agree with the concept but I disagree with the methodology implemented.  When it says "100/100" it's confusing because you do not know whether there are actually 100/100 and you can be the next one in, or if it's actually 150/100 and you mgiht as well go to the other arena.

if everyone just went to the other arena (the one open to them at the time), there would be no problems.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2011, 03:20:31 PM »
It's not that it isn't fun, it's that I can't even play. The blue arena is stale and I spent my time helping orange arena to take bases, I don't just want to leave all that progress behind. Arena caps and multiple arenas in general completely contradict the persistent world selling point.

They advertise the game as massive and persistent. Implementing things that contradict their advertisement is a little silly.

They may keep their old veteran players by doing silly things like this, but newer players like me (granted, I'm not saying all new players think like me, but I've beta tested and played enough mmos to have a general feel for gamers my age) won't put up with stuff like this. You can berate me for not liking it, but it's my 15 bucks a month and I feel entitled to at least voice my concerns. I don't feel entitled to direct the game the way I want, but I'd at least like to think that I can have my opinion be heard by the developer without having to talk with my wallet.

Maybe you put too much emphasis on farming....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2011, 03:26:54 PM »
if everyone just went to the other arena (the one open to them at the time), there would be no problems.

Not true and you know it.

Besides, people can't coordinate outside of the game to "all go" somewhere.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2011, 03:39:57 PM »
The cap is there to put the new people logging in into the arena that has low numbers. By doing this it raises the population of that arena. Once the arena population is at 80% of the more populated one the cap on the more populated one will be raised. It typically stays like this for a few hours.

You just have to wait it out and sit in the other arena, logging in and out wont do anything to make the numbers change, but putting your self in the low numbers arena will make it a fraction of a percent higher population, hopefully others will do the same and the more populated arena will be opened. Simple as that.

Caps are put in place to balance the numbers between arenas out so we don't have this ses pool of players in the arena at once.

If you don't like it log on earlier and get a spot in the high numbers arena, or fly on Tuesdays.

P.S.- Insinuating that the game developers are mentally handicapped, is not the right way to go. If Skuzzy or HiTech get in this thread, it is best to drop the point.
Strokes

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2011, 03:45:15 PM »
Not true and you know it.

Besides, people can't coordinate outside of the game to "all go" somewhere.

but your own example before, if it was 105/100 people will sit around not playing (they apparently prefer clicking on the arena screen). if it's 150/100 they should "just go to the other arena"

just go to the other arena in the first place, is all I'm saying..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2011, 03:51:07 PM »
but your own example before, if it was 105/100 people will sit around not playing (they apparently prefer clicking on the arena screen). if it's 150/100 they should "just go to the other arena"

just go to the other arena in the first place, is all I'm saying..

If all your squaddies were in orange and it was 201/200 you wouldn't try to get in orange?  Come on.

My 5 over was a compromised "grey area" for how long you should try for before just going to the other arena.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2011, 03:53:54 PM »
If all your squaddies were in orange and it was 201/200 you wouldn't try to get in orange?  Come on.

honestly, no. I frequently am one of two or 3 in one arena, when 2 or 3 are in the other.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2011, 03:55:18 PM »
honestly, no. I frequently am one of two or 3 in one arena, when 2 or 3 are in the other.

Okay so you don't like flying with your squaddies, bad example, but the normal player would try to get in if it was close, as opposed to getting all of his buddies to change arenas.  Just sayin.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »
Okay so you don't like flying with your squaddies, bad example, but the normal player would try to get in if it was close, as opposed to getting all of his buddies to change arenas.  Just sayin.

we can still chitchat on red channel across arenas, we dont need to fly together every minute were online.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2011, 04:09:48 PM »
we can still chitchat on red channel across arenas, we dont need to fly together every minute were online.

That's cute, but most players like to fly with their squaddies.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2011, 04:20:12 PM »
That's cute, but most players like to fly with their squaddies.

yes they do.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2011, 05:23:32 PM »
same here...and if the ones in the capped arena don't switch, they check the numbers periodically to see if any spots have opened up and we decide what to do from there.

why grow men have to act like temperamental toddlers and remove all doubt that they are temperamental toddlers with some of the crapola posted in this thread is just amazing...  :rolleyes:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2011, 05:44:46 PM »
Lots of folks to fly with.... if you limit yourself to only squaddies you only get to see a small part of the game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2011, 09:09:03 PM »
Lots of folks to fly with.... if you limit yourself to only squaddies you only get to see a small part of the game.

Yea, but its the best part of the game.. 8)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2011, 09:32:42 AM »
No problems getting into either arena last night when I logged on.
The real downside was the same sucky map thats in dire need of revisions thats been in orange for the last week. Was also in blue.
Went into orange and while I was dissapointed that map was still up I looked for something to do. Sacrificed 30 perks on a panther to spawn into a base that became quickly evident we were already hording. Then seeing a port flashing and a small darbar near it went and upped a FP there only to watch 2 38s fly in take out the VH and one auger. the other just flew off never to return. I waited for the goon that never came. The only other base we were involved with we were hording also so I decided to go look in blue.
Was even more dissapointed to see the exact same map up that was in Orange and even less going on there. Jumped in a CV gun and fired a few rounds at a cruiser from another CV that became evident the carrier was already sunk. Looked around the map. There was one base we were hording but nothing else really going on.

So I just logged off out of disgust.

These maps in question need one more hole blown in each mountain to improve flow from one country to the next to encourage more fighting.
the numbers in the arenas these days just dont make these maps in their current form practical IMO
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty