Author Topic: introduce lighter GVs  (Read 786 times)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
introduce lighter GVs
« on: April 15, 2011, 04:02:55 PM »
As it is now heavy GVs are the vehicles in the game that are given the most attention.  What makes a heavy and/or perked vehicle so special when everybody in the game is using one?  Tigers are not so feared of because of how common they have become in the game and heavier GVs seem over achievable.  If we introduce more vehicles in the game like a lighter panzer just for example, it will not only give the t34 a worthy adversary but the introduction of many other light/medium tanks such as the m3 lee for example could be introduced in the game.  The more GVs we have, both light and heavy, and the more diverse it is the more stable of a gaming platform it is for the GV game play in all arenas from early to late.  My prediction is, With lighter vehicles introduced heavy GV perks will rise, however not so much to cause an issue and depending whether its late, mid, or early, and they would not be as common as they are now making them truly heavy and feared vehicles.  There were much more light/medium vehicles in the war both in numbers and types.  With this being introduced I hope it encourages tactical play on the ground making the countries cooperate on task and focusing fire in the way of there being a incident like this, lighter panzers Verse Sherman’s then all of a sudden a tiger rolls in changing the countries focus and objective, instead of the typical heavy verse heavy.  Thoughts?  Opinions? Add-ons?  Anything?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 04:05:55 PM by Skyguns MKII »

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: introduce lighter GVs
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 04:30:38 PM »
As it is now heavy GVs are the vehicles in the game that are given the most attention.  What makes a heavy and/or perked vehicle so special when everybody in the game is using one?  Tigers are not so feared of because of how common they have become in the game and heavier GVs seem over achievable.  If we introduce more vehicles in the game like a lighter panzer just for example, it will not only give the t34 a worthy adversary but the introduction of many other light/medium tanks such as the m3 lee for example could be introduced in the game.  The more GVs we have, both light and heavy, and the more diverse it is the more stable of a gaming platform it is for the GV game play in all arenas from early to late.  My prediction is, With lighter vehicles introduced heavy GV perks will rise, however not so much to cause an issue and depending whether its late, mid, or early, and they would not be as common as they are now making them truly heavy and feared vehicles.  There were much more light/medium vehicles in the war both in numbers and types.  With this being introduced I hope it encourages tactical play on the ground making the countries cooperate on task and focusing fire in the way of there being a incident like this, lighter panzers Verse Sherman’s then all of a sudden a tiger rolls in changing the countries focus and objective, instead of the typical heavy verse heavy.  Thoughts?  Opinions? Add-ons?  Anything?
i say wait for new GV system
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 04:36:18 PM »
i say wait for new GV system

with what we have now its not going to take long, but not really a new system, just a face lift of the one we have now. The balance seems off because of the presence of so many heavy GVs sir.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 04:40:30 PM »
with what we have now its not going to take long, but not really a new system, just a face lift of the one we have now.

It's not a face lift, it's a completely new system.  Just watch the video that Pyro posted a few weeks back.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 04:44:26 PM »
It's not a face lift, it's a completely new system.  Just watch the video that Pyro posted a few weeks back.

ack-ack

would you happen to have a link sir?

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 04:50:29 PM »
Balance is a funny thing in AH.  Each GV has a niche and each fill that niche well.  Which gv do most people take is they really want to be the cavalry and save a base at the last possible moment???  That is right, the M8 Greyhound.  But, do you dare take them up against a tank in a 1v1?  No way.

How often do we see the M4/75mm land kills?  We dont, but when a town needs to be taken down which tank is usually the first chosen for that role?  Yeap, the M4/75mm and not just for the Calliope version either, the fast reloading and hard hitting 75mm HE is only second best to the Tiger and T34/85mm in damage.  But, factor in the reload rate and amount of ammo (not to mention the 4.5in rockets) and it easily will over-take in the Tiger and T34/85 in taking down a town.

Just how would a Panzer II or III factor into AH?  Or the BT-7?  The British Humbar or Diamler scout car?  The M8 might have some competition in one of those mentioned, but everything else in AH would roll right over them.  I see and hear your pain, but I bet more of the medium stuff (StuG III, Hetzer, Cromwell, etc) stuff is on the way.    

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 04:58:49 PM »
Balance is a funny thing in AH.  Each GV has a niche and each fill that niche well.  Which gv do most people take is they really want to be the cavalry and save a base at the last possible moment???  That is right, the M8 Greyhound.  But, do you dare take them up against a tank in a 1v1?  No way.

How often do we see the M4/75mm land kills?  We dont, but when a town needs to be taken down which tank is usually the first chosen for that role?  Yeap, the M4/75mm and not just for the Calliope version either, the fast reloading and hard hitting 75mm HE is only second best to the Tiger and T34/85mm in damage.  But, factor in the reload rate and amount of ammo (not to mention the 4.5in rockets) and it easily will over-take in the Tiger and T34/85 in taking down a town.

Just how would a Panzer II or III factor into AH?  Or the BT-7?  The British Humbar or Diamler scout car?  The M8 might have some competition in one of those mentioned, but everything else in AH would roll right over them.  I see and hear your pain, but I bet more of the medium stuff (StuG III, Hetzer, Cromwell, etc) stuff is on the way.  

Introduction of lighter vehicles would perhaps raise Heavy GV perks and ENY making the lighter GVs (lighter being both medium and light) more commonly used than the heavy tanks like the tiger truly making them a feared specialty.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 04:59:39 PM »
+1

Offline 1Nicolas

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 05:06:17 PM »
Like what? :headscratch:

(My World Of Tank signature)
There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »
Like what? :headscratch:

My friend, there is almost too many to explain. M3 lee and a lighter panzer would just be a few

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 05:14:15 PM »

ack-ack

What pyro is doing is a new system correct, however I'm not asking to change anything other than to add some lighter GVs in the game to correct balance. Would this really be changing the system or just adding to it to make it more stable? I do apologize i don't mean to argue or defy you I'm just learning is all.  :cheers:

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 05:24:55 PM »
What pyro is doing is a new system correct, however I'm not asking to change anything other than to add some lighter GVs in the game to correct balance. Would this really be changing the system or just adding to it to make it more stable? I do apologize i don't mean to argue or defy you I'm just learning is all.  :cheers:

HTC is simply changing the gv game to make it more historically accurate.  The gun sights are all going to be accurate to the tank model instead of the "catch all" reticule we currently have.  The other thing is that the gv will be controlled from the TC (tank commander) position, which that too is more accurate since the TC was the brain of the tank, all of the functions and actions of the tank were carried out under orders from the TC.  Currently in AH, the tank is operated from each individual position (other than steering via twisty stick in the gunner/AA gunner position).  The new interface allows the turret to follow the eyes of the TC, which is an extension of the TC's commands (implied).  The movement has been simplified and that too is an extension of the TC's (implied) commands.  Only the gunner is relatively independent and that is only while fine tuning the aiming and then the firing of the gun.     

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »
Introduction of lighter vehicles would perhaps raise Heavy GV perks and ENY making the lighter GVs (lighter being both medium and light) more commonly used than the heavy tanks like the tiger truly making them a feared specialty.

So basically you want to dictate what people use?  Also since the newer guys won't have the perk bank for the
heavies, how are they supposed to compete with the tank aces?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 05:44:46 PM »
how were they to compete with some one like Dr7?
I wont even go for that guy unless I'm droppin bombs but then I'm not that good in gvs anyhow.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE