Author Topic: Are there enough players?  (Read 7646 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Are there enough players?
« on: April 16, 2011, 11:15:31 AM »
I logged on last night and the biggest population was in the Blue arena.  Both arenas were open so I went there.  There were a few Nits attacking some Bish at two airfields and some Bish pushing into Rook territory on the other side of the map.  Basically there were 3-4 fights going on and that was it. 

Some Nits attacked a Bish VB, were repelled then gave up.  Bish took a Nit port, were repelled and gave it back.  The arena as a whole pretty much gave me the choice of being part of a horde or playing where there weren't any other players (or at least fighting was sparse so I'd be taking my chances whether I got to fight someone or not).

After a couple of sorties killing GV's in an IL2 (who eventually gave up) I logged into Orange.  The situation there was the same except Bish were outnumbered instead of sides being equal.  Even at that the fighting was so sparse as to not making it worthwhile to up.

By this time it was getting close to the MA/off hours switch so I decided to go get in a quick fight in WWI.  Woohoo... there was one player in the arena.  Bummer... he was Bish.  For some reason at this point I didn't feel it worthwhile to switch sides and just logged off.

I long for the days when we had 700 people on a map and there were fights everywhere.  Sigh.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Are there enough players?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 11:17:58 AM »
Maybe everyone was flying FSO?

Offline MAX-107

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 11:24:16 AM »
"I long for the days when we had 700 people on a map and there were fights everywhere.  Sigh."

That was the best days in AH. I'm just glad I was Thar to fight with yall at that time.

<S> to all the vets of AH    

:salute MAX1007

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »
"I long for the days when we had 700 people on a map and there were fights everywhere.  Sigh."

That was the best days in AH. I'm just glad I was Thar to fight with yall at that time.

<S> to all the vets of AH    

:salute MAX1007

:salute

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 12:42:54 PM »
I logged in after the arena reset, we had some pretty good fights with the rooks at 62.  they tried to take the base a few of us defended, was fun for a couple of hours.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 01:06:46 PM »
Normally I see Trinity and go do something else for the night (as fate has it, it's up in both LW arenas) Actually found some fun in Blue--a whorde Nits rolled a few bases in NW corner, a few of us fought what could best be described as a delaying tactic....had fun for some hours at any rate, really didn't expect that. That being said, I don't think maps with 400 sectors are a good fit with a 200 player roster....all ya see are roving, base-taking whordes, which rarely come across each other....if they do, it's some sort of accident
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »
We had a full FSO last nite with the big B-29 raid on Tokyo.  It also lasted the full 2 hours since we had to fly the B-29s a long way home.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 03:48:19 PM »
I long for the days when we had 700 people on a map and there were fights everywhere.  Sigh.

oh how i miss those days
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 03:52:55 PM »
I long for the days when we had 700 people on a map and there were fights everywhere.  Sigh.

Including 30% of them slugging it out in Tank Town on Trinity...  a Ghost Town today

My own personal Golden Age of AH  :cry
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 04:04:38 PM »
More AH ads!
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 04:08:40 PM »
More AH ads!

that's exactly how i discovered this game. TV add on the Military Channel
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 04:16:27 PM »

Amen brutha.   :salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 05:16:01 PM »
that's exactly how i discovered this game. TV add on the Military Channel
me too and i havent seen one in forever
Kommando Nowotny
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline Hoff

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 05:28:48 PM »
You will never see 700 people except on tuesday because, despite everyone in this thread longing for more players on the map, the developers think it's best to split the population in half to have 300 on one map and 300 on the other. In reality it tends to be 100 in one map and 200 in the other. I'd much rather see a 300 population than a 200 and 100. The 200 is ok, but the 100 player server is abysmal.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 05:58:37 PM »
There needs to be a custom cap system put into place for each map.
Its just silly that if a huge map is in rotation a cap of 200 is in place. Regardless of how unpopulated the other arena is. 200 may be a bit overcrowding on some maps, but on a map like Trinity, the #s balancing themselves on each country would put them at average 65 per side. Pretty silly IMO. It just ends up being a haven of hide and seek for players now a days that want to play uncontested
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz