Author Topic: Laptop Killer  (Read 530 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Laptop Killer
« on: April 26, 2011, 09:07:54 AM »

It's allways been a challenge playing AH on a laptop with the mouse pad but still I was deadly with my bomber guns taking out many who foolishly saddled up on my six. Also pinging a few pilots from my tank or m3 with the pintle gun.

But  :O :headscratch: :furious :cry :uhoh  What happened with the new version made defense impossible. The gun is so sensitive compared with before it's impossible to aim effectively. For those that fly fighters I guess you don't really care but the depth of the game is changed.

I need to evaluate if I should waste my time while away from my home computer with my joystick to be the kill for others which I never minded before as long as I had a slim hope of defense.  :bhead
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Laptop Killer
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:10:28 AM »
you can change the AH mouse speed under View Options, I have it almost all the way down :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 09:10:47 AM »
I heard someone say last night that the mouse sensitivity in game now comes from your settings in Windows

so don't give up hope just yet, you may possibly be able to tweak it!
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 09:18:09 AM »
the mouse cursor speed does come from windows, the mouse gunnery controller speed comes from the setting above :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 09:19:36 AM »
   OK thanks guys.  :salute   I will try to adjust.

I've been through so many adjustments with this game over the years it's frustrating learning to swim again when there are so many sharks in the pool.  :D

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 05:16:51 PM »
  Adjusted mouse sensitivity all the way down, better but still not likeing it. The problem is with the old version your gun would point exactly where you aim. Now it follows where you aim causing delay in gun getting to spot you were aiming. Well we know planes don't stay in one spot.
  Imagine shooting a rifle with a rubber barrel that's what it feels like to me.  :(

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 05:33:19 PM »
  The problem is with the old version your gun would point exactly where you aim. Now it follows where you aim causing delay in gun getting to spot you were aiming.

yeah, but thats the thing, is that it is now the more realistic version. gunns didnt just appear pointing at an enemy plane, you had to get the gun barrels poitning over there (which was especially hard if you were in a waist turret in the 17, 24, or anything else im missing, because youve got the wind pushing against your 80 lb gun.