Author Topic: FSO monthly? or 3 weeks on, 1 off?  (Read 488 times)

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
FSO monthly? or 3 weeks on, 1 off?
« on: April 29, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »
I see the schedule, but...

Ever since I started in FSO (TOD days) we flew 3 Fridays in a row then one Friday off, regardless of how many Fridays were in the month. Have we now switched to FSO's only being 3 Fridays of a proper month? If so that means we will have 2 week breaks every quarter? It used to be that 2 week breaks were reserved for holidays, and sudden unforeseen events.

I don't necessarily think that keeping FSO's in the month proper is a bad thing, but that will mean that on rare situations we may see 3 week breaks, depending on how holidays and 5 week months fall.

I was just caught unaware that this next event would be starting on may 6th, instead of today.

yes I know it was posted here. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,304914.0.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:08:26 PM by Sled »
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Re: FSO monthly? or 3 weeks on, 1 off?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 09:43:02 PM »
  Bad idea me thinks.  Personally, in my case, distance makes my heart go wander. I quickly find myself doing other things if not kept to a regular schedule. By regular I mean as little time as possible between frames.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:45:25 PM by FiLtH »

~AoM~

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »
It makes more sense than having FSO frames cross over months.  Less "is there FSO this week?" questions; as long as people know how to look at a calendar (which should be easier than finding and reading a schedule).  Having "the first three Fridays of each month" seems like a pretty regular schedule.  Just my opinion...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 12:02:21 AM »
I agree with both of you. Which probably is no help. ;)

Dot, your idea of the first three of every month is good, but it won't happen, with holidays and all.

Filth, I agree that having to many 2 week, or even 3 week breaks, could hurt squad participation.

I'll wait to see what the people in control have to say about it.
USMC/71sqn

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 09:22:54 AM »
When I started planning out the 'whole' calendar year for FSO keeping it uniformed seemed to work better. It gave the guys an occasional two week break, reduces burn out for the CM's. Each month had an FSO with the assigned Admin and Setup. Scheduling just is smoother that way.

Down side is just as Filth said. Longer between some frames and I know many 'really' look forward to FSO.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 11:57:56 AM »
When I started planning out the 'whole' calendar year for FSO keeping it uniformed seemed to work better. It gave the guys an occasional two week break, reduces burn out for the CM's. Each month had an FSO with the assigned Admin and Setup. Scheduling just is smoother that way.

Down side is just as Filth said. Longer between some frames and I know many 'really' look forward to FSO.

It is something I had thought about doing at one time. It will be interesting to see how it works out over time.

I do like anything that makes life easier for CM's.
USMC/71sqn

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 12:04:18 PM »
Didn't you guys start "first three Fridays of each month" a few months ago...like last Sept or Oct?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 12:09:20 PM »
They may have, but you wouldn't notice it till you get to a 5 week month. This coming July, FSO will be on weeks 2-3-4, because of the 4th holiday. But it does look as if they intend on it normally being the first 3 Fridays of a month.
USMC/71sqn