Author Topic: ORANGE MAIN ARENA - Game won but map doesn't change  (Read 966 times)

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
ORANGE MAIN ARENA - Game won but map doesn't change
« on: April 29, 2011, 10:28:26 PM »
Just now....  

Bug#1
Rooks owned 94% of their fields
at least 21% of Bishop bases
at least 21% of knit bases

War did not win....

Rooks took  1  more base,    we won the war...

but.

Despite countdown,  the map did not change   =  Bug #2   (unless the map is not supposed to change??)

Bug#3
Rook Strats will flash if you are a rook and fly over it after the reset and will shoot you down.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:35:31 PM by gldnbb »
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: ORANGE MAIN ARENA - Game won but map doesn't change
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 10:48:32 PM »
Are you suggesting.....that if you 'win the war'/reset the map....nothing changes!  The game continues just the same!

Oh the humanity!
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 01:10:15 AM »
Are you suggesting.....that if you 'win the war'/reset the map....nothing changes!  The game continues just the same!

Oh the humanity!

It's been like that for a few days now.  Rooks have won, Knights have won....  I think the issue is the fact that the map isn't changing.  
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 01:14:44 AM »
It's been like that for a few days now.  Rooks have won, Knights have won....  I think the issue is the fact that the map isn't changing.  

This seems to confirm the rumor that despite winning the war, it actually never ends? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline DoubleEagle

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 03:25:02 AM »
Or you might have let the point sail right on past you.

Isn't the game supposed to rotate to a different map instead of being stuck in the Baltic?  For example, win the war in the Baltic, and then reset to the NDIsles map.  Don't get me wrong.  The Baltic is a good map, though I wouldn't want to live there. 

It was never clear to me in the patch notes for this new version what the hell that line about "bases will not change back to their previous owner after winning the war".

Bare in mind I've only restarted my account with this new version.  I haven't played in 2 years, so my facts are out of date.  No more map rotations to add variety?

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 05:07:09 AM »
proves you win nothing....
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 07:25:34 AM »
This seems to confirm the rumor that despite winning the war, it actually never ends? :)

:rofl
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 07:30:28 AM »
Or you might have let the point sail right on past you.

Isn't the game supposed to rotate to a different map instead of being stuck in the Baltic?  For example, win the war in the Baltic, and then reset to the NDIsles map.  Don't get me wrong.  The Baltic is a good map, though I wouldn't want to live there. 

It was never clear to me in the patch notes for this new version what the hell that line about "bases will not change back to their previous owner after winning the war".

Bare in mind I've only restarted my account with this new version.  I haven't played in 2 years, so my facts are out of date.  No more map rotations to add variety?

First, this is a bug and should be reported as such, if not already.

The change is that when the war is won, the bases will no longer revert back to their original owners.

Have you ever been at what you thought was a friendly base and when the war was won, the base was now an enemy base and depending upon where that base was on the map, you could be 3-5 sectors away from a friendly base ?

The new change stops that now.

There is obviously a bug in the map rotation logic.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 08:10:59 AM »
The change is that when the war is won, the bases will no longer revert back to their original owners.

Have you ever been at what you thought was a friendly base and when the war was won, the base was now an enemy base and depending upon where that base was on the map, you could be 3-5 sectors away from a friendly base ?

The new change stops that now.

No it doesn't ;)

Base under me (and all bases in that area) still changed country and I had to fly my K-4 all over Baltic map to land  :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 02:44:30 PM »
it doesnt automatically 'stop' it from happening........ since that would be impossible

they dont revert back to their original owner.... that doesnt mean it becomes yours now......... last I seen there were 3 countries

its possible for you to be over a friendly (captured knit) base when the war is won and now it becomes a BISH base.... this would mean you still have to fly several sectors.......

only way to prevent it would to know which direction they rotated after the war was one......... so if they switched clockwise then you would have to capture the your last base from a country clockwise to you in order to be over a friendly base when they switched

common sense
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:46:43 PM by batch »
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 03:12:28 PM »
War...      War never changes...
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 09:29:34 PM »
Are you suggesting.....that if you 'win the war'/reset the map....nothing changes!  The game continues just the same!

Oh the humanity!

Whole heartedly thank you for that 'constructive' post.    Again doesn't solve the problem, just adds to the sarcasm of the community and  perpetuates the gossip that other games talk badly about the AH community (aka a bad selling point).  Only adds to your '15 minutes' of fame.

:aok
-The Golden BB-

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »

"Someday, son............ this war's gonna end."
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »

"Someday, son............ this war's gonna end."

Oh so true,   BTW did you look at the real world lately?  Seems like there's a revolt in many countries.   Unrest is a perpetual thing.   Nothing new, and never was in the history books.   Lets distribute joysticks to all of them!   :joystick:
-The Golden BB-

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 10:00:53 PM »
Whole heartedly thank you for that 'constructive' post.    Again doesn't solve the problem, just adds to the sarcasm of the community and  perpetuates the gossip that other games talk badly about the AH community (aka a bad selling point).  Only adds to your '15 minutes' of fame.

:aok

Only 15 minutes?  Jeez, hardly worth the time.  Guess this should have gone in the  Bug Reports forum then, not the, lets have some fun with the latest complaint forum :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters