Author Topic: GV hell on earth. Listen up HTC.  (Read 4449 times)

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
GV hell on earth. Listen up HTC.
« on: May 01, 2011, 09:19:29 PM »
THis is constructive. First the positive.  I do like the vehicle commanders view concept as it gives us more information about the status of our vehicle. The vehicle maneuvering controls are never gonna be precise enough without the analogue controls. The manual transmission was actually more "realistic" than the new "auto mode" and the manual gave us more control over the vehicle. Now the non perk tanks are put in a much bigger disadvantage without the zoom from the main gun as the perked tanks now have zoon, armor, and weapon advantage. You even added "fog" to the aiming devices of the weakest vehicles(m3 and m8).

There is enough "noise" in the game, and you have added the tank turret sounds on top of the rest which only adds to the fatique factor. You have only added more frustration and fatigue factors to your design. We have spent more money to upgrade our PCs to play this game which cost a lot more than one of the major consoles and you get your monthly fee out of our accounts before we even pay the light bill and you have dumped this crap into our laps. You have put the thought into your subscribers minds of having to consider if we should cut our losses and move on.

Go back thru what you have done and ask yourself does this add to the experience or does this just add to the bs a gamer has to put up with.
All Your Base Belong to us.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: GV hell on earth. Listen up HTC.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 09:25:37 PM »
THis is constructive. First the positive.  I do like the vehicle commanders view concept as it gives us more information about the status of our vehicle. The vehicle maneuvering controls are never gonna be precise enough without the analogue controls. The manual transmission was actually more "realistic" than the new "auto mode" and the manual gave us more control over the vehicle. Now the non perk tanks are put in a much bigger disadvantage without the zoom from the main gun as the perked tanks now have zoon, armor, and weapon advantage. You even added "fog" to the aiming devices of the weakest vehicles(m3 and m8).

There is enough "noise" in the game, and you have added the tank turret sounds on top of the rest which only adds to the fatique factor. You have only added more frustration and fatigue factors to your design. We have spent more money to upgrade our PCs to play this game which cost a lot more than one of the major consoles and you get your monthly fee out of our accounts before we even pay the light bill and you have dumped this crap into our laps. You have put the thought into your subscribers minds of having to consider if we should cut our losses and move on.

Go back thru what you have done and ask yourself does this add to the experience or does this just add to the bs a gamer has to put up with.
You know you can select specific sounds & turn them all the way down to the point where you cant hear them?

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:28:26 PM »
It seems like the new system is a love/hate thing. Personally, I love it.

Games go through changes, if you wish to keep playing, adapt.
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:30:41 PM »

QFT
-AoM-

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:38:13 PM »
You know you can select specific sounds & turn them all the way down to the point where you cant hear them?

Yes, I have thanks, but it appears there isn't an adjustment for the turrets.
All Your Base Belong to us.

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 09:40:48 PM »

Adapt? Overcome obstacles? Learn new things?... Never! This is America Damn it!  :D
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 10:12:17 PM »
another b1tching thread? wtf....getting sick of this. :mad:
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 10:13:15 PM »
New GV system is sehr uber!
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 11:32:55 PM »
Yes, I have thanks, but it appears there isn't an adjustment for the turrets.

Yes, there is.  Look harder.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 11:45:33 PM »
All the tanks have magnification, the Tiger, Panther and Firefly just have two levels of magnification, one higher than the other tanks.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 11:46:49 PM »
One thing I've been curious about is the modelling of how a WW2 turned.  What I've wondered was if the new keyboard method of turning the tank isn't in fact more "realistic"?  Did tanks of that era turn by effectively braking or halting one of the treads? The tread was either moving or not, on or off like the current/new key stroke system?

I'm not trying to make a point here I'm honestly curious about how these tanks handled, naturally I would suspect that they were all a little different but I seem to recall that the M4 series was driven with two levers?   :headscratch:

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 12:05:41 AM »
ask yourself does this add to the experience or does this just add to the bs a gamer has to put up with.
the tank game has improved markedly with the new sounds and sights.  Im still kind of on the fence with awsd but its a minor thing.  Love the turret traversing sounds.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 12:09:11 AM »
I'm really enjoying the new system. Spent most of the weekend tanking it up - even installed AH on my dual boot Win7 partition (I run it on XP in 800x600 for my headset, but for GVing I boot into Win7 and run it full res on a monitor).

Like any new system it'll probably get a few tweaks. But overall it gets a thumbs up from me :)

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 12:10:23 AM »
Here is my experience with the new GV update in the LW Blue Arena earlier this past week:

Sortie 1: Spawned an M4 at an enemy base. Started up the engines. Put my GV into gear and started to move. Got one shotted by a spawn camper and was put in the tower.

Sortie 2: Immediately respawned again in the same GV. Two seconds pass by as I start my engines. I am one shotted again by another spawn camper before my engine completes its startup.

Quit GVing after that. Flying airplanes is much more satisfying for me than getting spawn camped.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies