Author Topic: Hitech I think I can use this new gv update  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
Hitech I think I can use this new gv update
« on: May 05, 2011, 02:48:35 PM »
I was really not digging the whole wasd thing and its still kind of a pain to even touch my keyboard because my joystick is bolted in front of it.

But, I was practicing offline with the new rudder system/commander positions and I can now hit targets easily 1.5k away on the move.

I dont know if this is more realistic but I can see myself mastering it and ticking people off  :devil

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
Re: Hitech I think I can use this new gv update
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 03:21:51 PM »
It's very cool to see a post from someone practicing new skills and not just cursing the update changes for GVs.   :aok
It's not so cool to consider the fact that I may become a victim of these new skills.   :furious
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:26 PM »
difference being, THIS change can be agreed by ALL to be an update
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline prowl3r

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 04:13:47 PM »
+1 belial same for me really liking the new abilities the commanders view gives just gotta remember to wait for the turret to catch up with my sight reticle lol
in peace sons bury thier fathers, in war fathers bury thier sons

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 05:09:48 PM »
Ummmm..... So no difference? :D

...but I can see myself mastering it and ticking people off  :devil

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 06:12:53 PM »
difference being, THIS change can be agreed by ALL to be an update
+1 :rofl
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »
Belial acquiring new skills? Great, just another thing for us to whine about. :)
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 07:30:24 PM »
I've already mastered this update. I still wan't my twisty steering back. Using the keyboard seems way to metro-tech for me.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 02:56:21 AM »
I've already mastered this update. I still wan't my twisty steering back. Using the keyboard seems way to metro-tech for me.

Then obviously you haven't mastered this update.   :rolleyes:

Patch 2 is available for download.

2.14 Patch 2 Changes
=================

Vehicle steering now uses analog rudder input in addition to the keys.  It will default to whatever analog input you have rudder mapped to.  Steering keys will remain active and will override analog inputs. 

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 08:19:40 AM »
I was really not digging the whole wasd thing and its still kind of a pain to even touch my keyboard because my joystick is bolted in front of it.

But, I was practicing offline with the new rudder system/commander positions and I can now hit targets easily 1.5k away on the move.

I dont know if this is more realistic but I can see myself mastering it and ticking people off  :devil

So what color dry erase marker you using?

Im not, and wont. But I can easily see how some people might and will. Particularly when gunning from the commanders pos
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »
Then obviously you haven't mastered this update.   :rolleyes:

Sorry, didnt know there was an updated update. Nice eye rolls though. Emoticons sure do save the fingers for the pompus ones.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 10:07:40 AM »
Sorry, didnt know there was an updated update. Nice eye rolls though. Emoticons sure do save the fingers for the pompus ones.

Was busting your chops  :rolleyes:  I figured that you hadn't realized that HTC had fixed the very thing that you were complaining was too metro - tech  :confused:

:rofl <== Emoticons also save the "pompus ones" from using terms that I have no clue what they actually mean  :neener:  Did you mean Mech War - Tetrus?

Jam just get your hump in the tank commander seat and let's have some fun  :salute  Still your pal  :cheers:

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 10:18:33 AM »
Was busting your chops  :rolleyes:  I figured that you hadn't realized that HTC had fixed the very thing that you were complaining was too metro - tech  :confused:

:rofl <== Emoticons also save the "pompus ones" from using terms that I have no clue what they actually mean  :neener:  Did you mean Mech War - Tetrus?

Jam just get your hump in the tank commander seat and let's have some fun  :salute  Still your pal  :cheers:

Mech War and Tetris...lol.   I was in a tank late last night. I see some more improvements. <-----yes i said that word. They have gv speeds, and I think I even saw a number that was for geer position. Compass on the commanders position is nice too. Even my twisty steer is back. Now I can re-learn my j/s buttons back the way I had them. I think Ive only died 2 times since this update. I hope the carebear whines where not for the purpose of making the game more even, because it has created the opposite effect, me living longer and the carebears dying more often.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 10:21:52 AM »
THANK YOU HiTech for giving back the rudder pedal steering! I had mapped the AWSD to the hat switch on my CombatStick, and was doing OK, but after getting the pedals back I realized how much using those keys or that hatswitch to steer actually did SUCK.

The GVing is now pretty daggum close to perfect, IMHO.

Except for the bomb tards.  :lol

Funny, text filter doesn't like people to be called "bomb tards" as one word.  :rofl  :huh
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:24:05 AM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »
ahhh belial i knew it wouldn't take you long to figure it out>
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.