Author Topic: GVS SHIFTING GEARS  (Read 965 times)

Offline Wayne81

• Zinc Member
GVS SHIFTING GEARS
« on: May 05, 2011, 06:35:18 PM »
Since this new patch I cant get any gvs to shift out of 1st gear what gives? And yes im holding down the W key
P47D-40=1.5Million, 2 1000LB Bombs & 6 Rockets=150,000$, Droping a Hanger in ONE Pass=PRICELESS

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: GVS SHIFTING GEARS
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 06:56:58 PM »
Is the cable plugged in?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Wayne81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 07:31:22 PM »
yea its allways been in
P47D-40=1.5Million, 2 1000LB Bombs & 6 Rockets=150,000$, Droping a Hanger in ONE Pass=PRICELESS

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »
My guess is you like to turn your engine sounds off so you can hear other vehicles and hence you maybe do not realize vehicles now start with then engines running?

Hitech

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
Ya gotta hold it down longer? When I kept my finger on it it eventually shifted. I thought it was because I was on concrete, but tested that & nope grass too. Doen't shift immediately....? :furious
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 08:53:14 PM »
My guess is you like to turn your engine sounds off so you can hear other vehicles and hence you maybe do not realize vehicles now start with then engines running?

Hitech

Can we please change this back, it gives your position away the second you spawn in if the spawn is being camped.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 08:55:36 PM »
SHIFT+W when on level or moderate inclines and it will automatically shift until it reaches top speed, when on steeper slopes hold W and release it when you're at the desired RPM's and speed so the vehicle doesn't keep shifting up and down while you climb. This was in the patch notes/announcement that's at the top of the BBS.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 10:53:21 PM »

Hitech

This one is going to leave a mark.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 08:51:28 AM »
My question is this...when ya come to a complete stop with the new GV controls, are you in neutral??? Just got back last night after gone for 5 weeks so just wanna be sure. This is an honest question and not in the "sarcastic realm" lol.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:54:20 AM by Scotty55OEFVet »
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 11:02:28 AM »
Can we please change this back, it gives your position away the second you spawn in if the spawn is being camped.

That always existed to some extent. Whenever a vehicle would spawn before, it made a weird engine rattle nose before appearing. So you would still always know someone was spawning in.

I like the new GV thing, don't like this wasd thing nor auto tranny, but overall it is better.

Bob

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 11:10:11 AM »
I had the same problem last night with the gears not shifting. I tried holding Shift+W, and tapping W etc., Oddly enough, if I alt tabbed to the desktop, I could alt tab back in and my GV was going full speed. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm just not doing  something right, but alt tabbing out and then back in seems to fix it for me.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 11:17:17 AM »
with the new spawn variables in place...shouldn't be an issue...try seeing what the effects are before judging it as something to dislike.

I had the same problem last night with the gears not shifting. I tried holding Shift+W, and tapping W etc., Oddly enough, if I alt tabbed to the desktop, I could alt tab back in and my GV was going full speed. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm just not doing  something right, but alt tabbing out and then back in seems to fix it for me.
when you hit shift+w from a dead stop on flat ground, it takes some time to get through the gears and get to full speed...unless it's a sudden bug with a particular vehicle, the t-34, sherman and panzer do the same thing...some are slower than others to build up enough speed for the shifting to occur.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 11:19:46 AM »
with the new spawn variables in place...shouldn't be an issue...try seeing what the effects are before judging it as something to dislike.

when you hit shift+w from a dead stop on flat ground, it takes some time to get through the gears and get to full speed...unless it's a sudden bug with a particular vehicle, the t-34, sherman and panzer do the same thing...some are slower than others to build up enough speed for the shifting to occur.
I played around in an M8 and M3 last night, and I gave it plenty of time to get up to speed but never did, alt tabbing out and then back in fixes it for me. Once I tab back in, my GV is already up to max speed. <Shrugs>

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
I played around in an M8 and M3 last night, and I gave it plenty of time to get up to speed but never did, alt tabbing out and then back in fixes it for me. Once I tab back in, my GV is already up to max speed. <Shrugs>
now that is very strange...  :headscratch:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 11:34:16 AM »
What could cause this is if your rudder is out of calibration.  Steering input while stopped will cause it to go into a creep mode where it stays in first gear.  Try recalibrating your rudder or if it happens often you may need to increase your rudder deadband.