Author Topic: ace####.tmp  (Read 307 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
ace####.tmp
« on: May 09, 2011, 02:00:25 PM »

Needs permission to run before AH will start. Its not a biggie as I give it permission and every thing is OK.

aceshigh.exe has an allowed status in Norton (which goes into sleep mode when aces high runs anyway) I have no other firewalls running.

except I still have to alt tab to set my trakIR F12 & F9 functions (which may have nothing to do with it of course)
Ludere Vincere

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: ace####.tmp
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 02:49:52 PM »
Norton will get to the point that inconsistent operations of the game and many other programs will start happening.  Especially anything that does a number of updates to its own config files.

Typically, you have to remove Norton, then re-install it to get things back to some level of sanity.

I have seen Norton cause some really bizarre problems.  You cannot disable it, for one thing.  Disabling it just causes it to not report what it thinks are problems.  It still mucks with all your files.  Horrible program.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 02:55:28 PM »
and my trakIR functions?  F9 & f12 ? are they related to this?
Ludere Vincere

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 04:46:58 PM »
Yes, it could.  It is not an absolute, but in my experience when things like this start going wrong, getting rid of any anti-xxx/security software will usually clear up the issues after the damage that has been done by them is repaired.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com