Author Topic: An invitation to a NEW Squadron based monthly event  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
An invitation to a NEW Squadron based monthly event
« on: May 12, 2011, 10:47:22 AM »
I hereby extend an invitation out to all Aces High Squadrons who can field 6 players to participate in what will hopefully be your most exciting Aces High Experience yet!  

The "Co-ordination"  frame for the SDL Melee Kings of The Sky event will be held in the SEA I arena on Saturday 28th May at 4pm EST, 3pm Central, 9pm GMT, 10pm CET.  I would anticipate this to last 2-3 hours depending on the numbers that show.  A typical event should only take just over an hour to complete once we have everything in place.

This will be an informal affair that will hopefully achieve a couple things.

- you can download the map
- ask any questions as to the rules so everyone understands them for the event proper.

I will try and keep squadrons together on the night but as this is a "co-ordination" frame, I will allow some jumping around of teams to even the numbers.

I have posted the first version of the event rules here:               http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,312919.0.html

This is a picture of the 5 bowl setup,   There is also a 4 and 3 bowl setup built into the same terrain.  This should give you an idea of what will happen.  It is a 5x6 = 30  pilot furball, in a controlled environment.   Like the MA it will be a cage match of sorts with un-limited lives for the duration of the 3x 15 minute rounds.  The intensity of the initial furball will be of scenario proportions and we will have three of them within the event.  The objective is to not be the team with the least amount of credited kills.  The 3rd and final round will define the winning squadron for that month.    

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:53:09 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Robinhood01

• Zinc Member
Re: An invitation to a NEW Squadron based monthly event
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »
Thank You

Robinhood  EX FA Staff :cheers:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 10:29:53 PM by Robinhood01 »

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 10:20:02 PM »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 01:44:49 AM »
Rob if your interested in flying show up at registration time and we will see if Nish/simon manage to get enough guys to field a team.   :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Robinhood01

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 12:48:33 PM »
I would like to but I cannot fly your game the views, (and I have worked with them) really throw me for a loop. I am relegated to an occasional b-25, and (when you bring them in, A-26) and GV.  It  is all I can do to hang on to enough perk points to stay in a M-4 76. I was a Host for FA and flew Arcade, at which I (was) very good, but not in here, but will support as I can.

If you guys decide to bring in an Arcade arena I would expect you to substantially increase your subscribers.  :aok :aok

But again thank You for the MKOTS,  like what you have set up and it shows real promise.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 05:09:51 AM »
i'm surprised you are having trouble with the viewing system rob, as it is very good.

You can map 16 different views with just an 8 - way hat combined with another button mapped as "look up".  You look left, press the mapped look up button and you get look up left.
Set the view system to either "snap" or "instant" with the F5-10 keys.   If you hit ctrl + i,  you can see which view mode your currently in  i.e VM = Snap/pan/instant.   Personally I use instant.  

I know FA had padlock and it was tough for me at first because it was on a plate.   There is padlock in Aces High but it relies on having line of sight on the enemy plane.   Soon as you cross or your pilot loses sight of the padlocked enemy it will lose it.  You can quickly use the hat to re-acquire with a turn or roll.  It works ok in a 1vs1 but I decided not to use it because in a furball you need to track more than one person.

I fly mainly in my top hat switch which gives the same kind of feel as padlock.  If my enemy isn't in my top hat I know I have done something wrong and the person i'm fighting is most likely behind me some place which is not good news  ;)

Lastly there is trackir which will remove the need for all of the above but that is something I haven't tried yet.  I'm sure there are plenty of guys who use it.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 11:56:20 PM »
Bruv would you consider a mixed squad? Its hard to get 6 prawns online at once but I feel I could probably get enough if I ask the 9ers at FSO if they wish to participate.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 02:03:12 AM »
Bruv would you consider a mixed squad? Its hard to get 6 prawns online at once but I feel I could probably get enough if I ask the 9ers at FSO if they wish to participate.

Or you could fly with us phatzo. If we do it may just be me to check it out.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 04:20:55 AM »

Ideally it will be limited to regular MA squadrons but depending on the attendance every month it may become an option.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 07:11:19 AM »
Ideally it will be limited to regular MA squadrons but depending on the attendance every month it may become an option.

Well if players form a SEA squadron before the event why not?
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Simon

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 01:42:52 PM »
Sorry I couldn't make the coordination event this weekend. How did it go? What's the next step(s)?

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 12:51:51 PM »
AAR:     http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,313955.0.html

I'm hoping to do the next one end of June,  will confirm soon.   The walkons did a grand job of flying together but it will work better with some more experienced squadrons at the bases.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 07:18:55 AM »

same goes for me too...a mix and match would help lonely people like me have awesome fun...
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 05:15:46 PM »
same goes for me too...a mix and match would help lonely people like me have awesome fun...

I have been letting walkons form their own groups for this.  Chilli has done a great job organising them. 

The next one is Saturday @ 5pm EST.    Hope to see you there DES.   :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 05:17:25 PM »
I'll make sure our CO sees this thread.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton