Author Topic: Playstation network.  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Playstation network.
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 08:17:20 PM »
+1 on infamous...  GREAT game.

Ack Ack, do you happen to know if any of the other games MP via online or LAN?

I think LittleBigPlanet for both the PS3 and PSP have multiplayer but not sure since I haven't played that game.  Killzone, ModNation Racers on the PSP I know are multiplayer.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »
Personally, the only one that is worth getting is Infamous, which is an excellent game.  On second thought, Dead Nation is a nice little time burner as well.

Sony will also offer free weekend video rentals of certain movies.

ack-ack
No super meat boy? <Sad face>

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 09:19:19 PM »

I would certainly hope that a system released a full year later would be better. However, I've also never lost any personal information due to me having an account on Xbox Live, something MANY PSN users cannot say.

What are you talking about? PS3 was released like 5 months after the 360... And your paying for NOTHING extra, Halo sucks, the 360 generally breaks in less then 2 years and all it has is problems. The 360 also had over 2 weeks of down time right after release. So for 360 lovers talking smack it really doesnt work.  Everyone I know has replaced their Xbox atleast one time since they bought it. All Xbox has ever had is problems. I dropped my PS2 and Ps3 down the stairs, still works no problem.  Not to mention KZ3>Halo, PS3 has better graphic quality, and again your not paying for nothing like Xbox users do.

-BigBOBCH
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:23:11 PM by redman555 »
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »
Playstation and 360 both sucks. Go outside and play.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »
What are you talking about? PS3 was released like 5 months after the 360... And your paying for NOTHING extra, Halo sucks, the 360 generally breaks in less then 2 years and all it has is problems. The 360 also had over 2 weeks of down time right after release. So for 360 lovers talking smack it really doesnt work.  Everyone I know has replaced their Xbox atleast one time since they bought it. All Xbox has ever had is problems. I dropped my PS2 and Ps3 down the stairs, still works no problem.  Not to mention KZ3>Halo, PS3 has better graphic quality, and again your not paying for nothing like Xbox users do.

-BigBOBCH
What are you smoking? How in the world is kill zone even remotely comparable to halo?

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 09:28:36 PM »
Playstation and 360 both sucks. Go outside and play.

Ditto.

Owning a 360 (three, actually) and playing the PS3 several times,
I can honestly say they both suck and are a waste of money. The
only reason I've invested in a console is the lack of money to buy
a decent gaming computer (which can cost 800$+).

The PS3 controller sucks, the 360's graphics are *slightly worse imho,
and both communities are filled with dingbats.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 09:31:16 PM »
the 360 generally breaks in less then 2 years and all it has is problems. The 360 also had over 2 weeks of down time right after release. So for 360 lovers talking smack it really doesnt work.  Everyone I know has replaced their Xbox atleast one time since they bought it. All Xbox has ever had is problems. I dropped my PS2 and Ps3 down the stairs, still works no problem.  -BigBOBCH
my xbox hasnt broken down once in 4 years ive had it...dont know what your talking about

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 09:32:53 PM »
What are you smoking? How in the world is kill zone even remotely comparable to halo?

Halo is a horrible game, same with COD. They are just point and shoot games. Go on BFBC2 and get a headshot from a mile away while compinsating for bullet drop, wind, and distance as well as leading. BF3 is going to completely ANNIHILATE COD. And halo is one of the most BORING games I have ever previously played or seen next to COD. Have you even played KZ3? It is AMAZING, have you seen the BF3 gameplay vids? They look like cinematic videos.  And I go out plenty and only play my PS3 when nothing to do or bored.

This is BF3 gameplay, simply SHOCKING. I cannot wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekDutunw1mk&feature=relmfu

Also, these are real stats.

The % of Xbox and PS3 having to be repaired
Xbox 360: 42%
PS3: 8%

The % of Xbox and PS3 having to be repaired more than once
Xbox 360: 39%
PS3: 8%

-BigBOBCH
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:37:19 PM by redman555 »
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 09:35:51 PM »
Halo is a horrible game, same with COD. They are just point and shoot games. Go on BFBC2 and get a headshot from a mile away while compinsating for bullet drop, wind, and distance as well as leading. BF3 is going to completely ANNIHILATE COD. And halo is one of the most BORING games I have ever previously played or seen next to COD. Have you even played KZ3? It is AMAZING, have you seen the BF3 gameplay vids? They look like cinematic videos.  And I go out plenty and only play my PS3 when nothing to do or bored.

This is BF3 gameplay, simply SHOCKING. I cannot wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekDutunw1mk&feature=relmfu

-BigBOBCH
try homefront...best game made, along with fallout new vegas.

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 09:36:06 PM »

-BigBOBCH

Downtime right after release is usually expected, but the entirety of your networks security is not.

As for the "Killzone 3 is better than Halo" argument, I wont even comment.

I got my Xbox on release and haven't had a single problem with it since, by the way it sits on my floor on top of the original box it came in. (Besides, Microsoft admitted their mistake and fixed it.)

The graphics aren't really that much of a difference, and I would gladly sacrifice graphics for better quality gameplay.

I would qualify the PS3 costing 100$ more on release paying for NOTHING.
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 09:36:40 PM »
Halo is a horrible game, same with COD. They are just point and shoot games. Go on BFBC2 and get a headshot from a mile away while compinsating for bullet drop, wind, and distance as well as leading. BF3 is going to completely ANNIHILATE COD. And halo is one of the most BORING games I have ever previously played or seen next to COD. Have you even played KZ3? It is AMAZING, have you seen the BF3 gameplay vids? They look like cinematic videos.  And I go out plenty and only play my PS3 when nothing to do or bored.

-BigBOBCH
Yes, halo is so boring that it has the biggest MLG player base. Clearly all those guys are delusional. I've played kill zone (3 and the other abortions), what is with the delay between moving the stick and your guy actually moving? Supposed to model gun weight? Pfft.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 09:39:21 PM »

I would qualify the PS3 costing 100$ more on release paying for NOTHING.

Incorrect. I got a blueray player WITH my PS3. Go to a store, you will easily spend $100.00+ on it, so no. While you have to go buy a Blue ray, I have it ;) Along with what, like 40x more memory?  Your also paying monthly payments for NOTHING extra that the PS3 doesn't get.  For those that talk smack about PSN being down so long, you also need to learn your facts. The reason PSN was down so long is because they moved the ENTIRE server facility to new locations world wide.  Also, idk what your talking about, I never have issues on KZ3. When I move my analog stick my guy moves immediately when I do.

-BigBOBCH
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:43:27 PM by redman555 »
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 09:40:59 PM »
Inncorrect. I got a blueray player WITH my PS3. Go to a store, you will easily spend $100.00+ on it, so no. While you have to go buy a Blue ray, I have it ;) Along with what, like 40x more memory?

-BigBOBCH
Except that blu-ray has been out for how many years now and still isn't mainstream? And the fact that the video quality between a blu-ray and an upconverted DVD is minimal at best. Nobody cares about blu-ray, not for the price hike it currently has. Next argument please.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 09:41:56 PM »
Except that blu-ray has been out for how many years now and still isn't mainstream? And the fact that the video quality between a blu-ray and an upconverted DVD is minimal at best. Nobody cares about blu-ray, not for the price hike it currently has. Next argument please.

Do you have a TV that is Blueray approved? Because I have a 60 inch TV that is. And blueray looks amazing on it.  Also, DVDs will eventually go to Blueray, just like VHS went to DVD.  When you watch the Blueray on normal TVs you WILL NOT see the difference. It is stated on the box of the blueray player.

-BigBOBCH
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:44:19 PM by redman555 »
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 09:44:19 PM »
Do you have a TV that is Blueray approved? Because I have a 60 inch TV that is. And blueray looks amazing on it.  Also, DVDs will eventually go to Blueray, just like VHS went to DVD.

-BigBOBCH
Yep, I have a Blu-ray approved tv (3d as well which is another load of BS). If they all went to DVD, how come I can still go to walmart and buy a VCR?