Author Topic: Playstation network.  (Read 3703 times)

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Playstation network.
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2011, 09:45:17 PM »
Yep, I have a Blu-ray approved tv (3d as well which is another load of BS). If they all went to DVD, how come I can still go to walmart and buy a VCR?

Because people still have VHS movies? I have a closet full. Never watch them but their there. And a lot of times its cheaper to buy a VHS player then re buy all the VHS in DVD form.

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2011, 09:50:54 PM »
Because people still have VHS movies? I have a closet full. Never watch them but their there. And a lot of times its cheaper to buy a VHS player then re buy all the VHS in DVD form.

-BigBOBCH
That same argument could be used for people not wanting to make the hop to Blu-ray.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »

-BigBOBCH
Majority of my movies in my room are on VHS Tapes, I watch them every now and then. Doesn't that make you feel  :old:
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 10:32:07 PM »
While you Your also paying monthly payments for NOTHING extra that the PS3 doesn't get.

If you are paying monthly payments for a Blye-Ray player or a console purchase or for any other gadget, you're already well on the way to FAIL.

Paying fees for a monthly service is a different matter, as long as you've got the money to spend.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2011, 10:40:29 PM »
If you are paying monthly payments for a Blye-Ray player or a console purchase or for any other gadget, you're already well on the way to FAIL.

Paying fees for a monthly service is a different matter, as long as you've got the money to spend.

Ive got plenty of money to spend. I just find no need to spend monthly payments on a system that has over 40% chance to fail within 2 years.

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 12:12:14 AM »
Halo vs Killzone arguments are silly, both are good games in their own right.  Though, I will admit Killzone 3 is a friggin' blast with the Move.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 01:03:45 AM »
 I think its a safe bet to say the 15 or so people I know that run the X Box easily meet that 42% of break downs. The 7 or so I know who run the PS3 only 1 had an issue. I only got it for Gran Tourismo so I dont really care either way. If Microcrap stopped sucking up to the green tards,at a staggering cost for using lead free solder, they may have fixed the problem with them. With an almost 50% failure rate,I would say PS3 kicks X Boxes arse just on that alone. Not to mention free online play with no subs.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 02:41:58 AM »
I think LittleBigPlanet for both the PS3 and PSP have multiplayer but not sure since I haven't played that game.  Killzone, ModNation Racers on the PSP I know are multiplayer.

ack-ack

Of all the games that I have, LBP is the one they love the most.  I have to admit it's an amusing little game too.  Close second for my 6, 8 and 9 year old... Nazi Zombies on the COD series.  Nothing makes a father feel good like hearing a 6 year old girl yell "DIE ZOMBIES!!"

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 06:00:18 AM »
I don't own a PS3, but I do have a lot MMORPG's from Sony. It was quite nice to see that I've been given 45 days of free time on every SOE game I own. Although that's small potatoes compared to the risk of information loss.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 10:51:51 AM »
I have a PS3, but the only time I have used it to access the Internet is for the system updates.  Thought about going online in Madden 11, but as soon as it connected online ads started popping up in the game.  So, no online there.

I use it primarily as a BlueRay player and it works pretty well for that.

Honestly, I have no idea what the PSN is for. Apparently, it is not something I need.

As far as which is better.  There will be fans of consoles and they will arise and rant about how much better theirs is than the other one is.  True be told, they all have their moments and reasons for why one is liked better than the other.  To each his own.  Let's just leave it at that.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:55:14 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:59 AM »
 Thought about going online in Madden 11, but as soon as it connected online ads started popping up in the game.  So, no online there.

that is one of the reasons I sold mine.   i didnt pay good $$$ for it to blast ads in my face while i'm gaming.   I get enough of that from directTV
-AoM-

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 11:03:57 AM »
I never intended to play the game online.  I will  never play an online game on a console.  I have seen what that looks like and I will not have anything to do with it.  Disrespectful bunch of jerks is all it seems is online.

I am enjoying the offline franchise mode, at the moment.  I have kicked up the level high enough it is a refreshing challenge.  At least the AI will not terminate a game when they are loosing.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 01:40:10 PM »
You can always count on idiots in any online arena. Thats a given. I dont play the multi -player with the PS3. I do all that with the PC so while all those screaming meanies were bunched up about PS3  being down,I was playing COD BO on the PC online. :joystick:
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2011, 01:55:23 PM »
  At least the AI will not terminate a game when they are loosing.

that's pretty much the reason i gave up on online madden.    sucks scoring 5 touchdowns in the first half only to have the guy wuit on you at halftime.     my computer already takes up more time than i have, so it only made sense to be rid of the last console i'll probably ever buy.
-AoM-

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2011, 02:13:16 PM »
That is the one thing consistent between all the consoles.  The online players really are nasty, foul mouthed, disrespectful people.  It seems there is a contest to see who can have the worst mouth online and the winner is never selected, so they keep on getting worse and worse.

I just got spoiled when I was playing online.  There was a group of players I played UT with and those were some of the best players around.  They were competitive, fun, polite, and respectful. If I could find another group like that one, I would be online everyday.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:15:53 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese