Author Topic: Playstation network.  (Read 3848 times)

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Re: Playstation network.
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2011, 04:01:21 PM »
There will be XBox fans and PS3 fans.

I enjoy the PS3.... Blu ray player and gaming?  What's not to like?

Plenty of audio options......nice for video/audiophiles]

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2011, 04:17:56 PM »
3. Overheating that easily is still signs of a crappily built system. i left my ps3 on for a whole week once before (Was playing oblivion, kept joining missions on there& didnt want to quit so i left it on).
it was HOT, but still worked just fine. plus ps3's fan isent as loud as 360's.
call me a fanboy if you want, but ive had both. (and my mother had a wii, that now is collecting dust in her closet).
notice, i said 1 part that went away after i turned it off and then back on. no big problem.
now lets hear the answer to these questions

does the PS3 have interchangable covers?
does the PS3 have the ability to plug in MP3's/ipods?
does the PS3 have netflix?

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2011, 04:25:09 PM »
notice, i said 1 part that went away after i turned it off and then back on. no big problem.

PS3 can plug in ipods, it has netflix, and for the cover part....spray paint works :D
xbox and PS3 are pretty much even except for: cost,memory,Blu-ray, and internet (only a few games different). i have both,what i play just depends on my mood :aok
FlyKommando.com

"Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2011, 04:28:56 PM »
PS3 can plug in ipods, it has netflix, and for the cover part....spray paint works :D
well i was talking about not having to spray paint it. i can change the faceplate, top and bottom cover with different designs

right now i have a flaming skull on the top, decaying fog screen on the bottom and the faceplate has multicolor on it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2011, 04:40:16 PM »
I cannot see interchangeable faceplates being a purchase decision for me.  My PS3 is behind a wall in a media closet.  No one can see it, or hear it.

I have an external USB hub exposed so I can plug in any dongles a game might need.  I also replaced the stock HD with a 500GB hard drive.

Netflix is available, but I never use it.  The video and audio quality are too poor.

If i have to, I can play a BluRay so it keeps me from having to have another device in my media cabinet.

I really do not know much about the XBox. I just do what I can to avoid buying anything made by Microsoft as they are already a big enough monopoly as it is.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2011, 04:46:17 PM »
Xbox and ps3 seem sooo similar lol

They are in a broad sence, none is physicaly superior than the other in any way, this is why PS3 pushed so hard to get their patented Blue Ray player in it.  Both companies customer service is ~ and likely manned by armies of "Peggy"s.  It's little things though and the comanie's experience that drives my oinion that one is better than the other.  The recent security comprimise to PS3's network kind of brought my opinion of who had a better developed network and account-information management backbone behind their online networks, I doubt it will ever happen again now but to me I will still likely never buy their product given I suspect there are other critical things that haven't been managed well and have no or poor oversight from Sony's end.

I wonder how many other people that had previous substantial experience with SOE (years before PS3) have had that effect their decision to buy or not buy a PS3?...

<snip>

I really do not know much about the XBox. I just do what I can to avoid buying anything made by Microsoft as they are already a big enough monopoly as it is.

I took it as a curse and blessing when I made my decision to buy an XBox for that exact reason.  They've monopolized the market and set the standard everyone is trying to copy, or at least back a few years ago at the time they definetley had a larger monopoly on the console market. 

Looking at SOE and their PS3 network though with past experiences... IMHO they're not an evil-monopoly... just evil.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:56:19 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2011, 04:48:24 PM »
I cannot see interchangeable faceplates being a purchase decision for me.  My PS3 is behind a wall in a media closet.  No one can see it, or hear it.

I have an external USB hub exposed so I can plug in any dongles a game might need.  I also replaced the stock HD with a 500GB hard drive.

Netflix is available, but I never use it.  The video and audio quality are too poor.

If i have to, I can play a BluRay so it keeps me from having to have another device in my media cabinet.

netflix on my xbox seems to work perfect...but whats the difference between blu-ray and regular DvD?

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2011, 05:02:37 PM »

1. you mean to say is the ps3's design customizable? sure, if you want it too be. but i'd rather have a great gaming system than a system that looks great.

2. yes it does, and you can plug it in& download files from your computer onto your ps3. its how i got all my ipod music onto my ps3.

3. yes it does, infact ps3 was the first out of all 3 consoles to HAVE netflix. followed by the wii, then finally xbox. we also can rent movies off of PSN, AND we have hulu. so we basically have 3 movie rental options to choose from.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »

Can always tell who doesnt know what their talking about

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2011, 05:14:22 PM »
I enjoyed making people mad when I was host in hardcore search and destroy to pull out my rocket launcher and kill 2-4 of them at each time we spawned! In world at war  :rofl
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2011, 05:21:27 PM »
I enjoyed making people mad when I was host in hardcore search and destroy to pull out my rocket launcher and kill 2-4 of them at each time we spawned! In world at war  :rofl
well..thats nice to know...were kinda discussing the PSN right now but whatever floats your boat.

1. you mean to say is the ps3's design customizable? sure, if you want it too be. but i'd rather have a great gaming system than a system that looks great.

2. yes it does, and you can plug it in& download files from your computer onto your ps3. its how i got all my ipod music onto my ps3.

3. yes it does, infact ps3 was the first out of all 3 consoles to HAVE netflix. followed by the wii, then finally xbox. we also can rent movies off of PSN, AND we have hulu. so we basically have 3 movie rental options to choose from.

xbox also has hulu and we can get games directly off the marketplace for about 40% cheaper than buying it instore (certain games)

just wondering if PS3 can do the same thing as the games.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2011, 05:34:28 PM »
So........

Please explain how an XBOX can duplicate or surpass the Blu Ray/audio of a PS3?

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2011, 05:45:18 PM »
well..thats nice to know...were kinda discussing the PSN right now but whatever floats your boat.

xbox also has hulu and we can get games directly off the marketplace for about 40% cheaper than buying it instore (certain games)

just wondering if PS3 can do the same thing as the games.
yes we can, psn exclusives, other games, ps2/ps1 games. and can download ps1 games onto our psp if we feel like it.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2011, 06:09:14 PM »
netflix on my xbox seems to work perfect...but whats the difference between blu-ray and regular DvD?

As I understand it, Blue-Ray compared to other formats:

Regular DvD: Higher picture quality and high-quality digital audio.
HD DvD (what we most use these days): Minimal to no picture quality improvement, and while it has digital audio, Blue-Rays are a noticabley higher quality audio to most.

If you're big into audio for your movies, and have invested in a home theatre package that could benefit from the highest-quality audio available, then investing in a Blue-Ray player becomes justifyable in my book, otherwise I think most people that have a Blue-Ray player are like people who buy $20,000 rims for their car that is only a hoopty worth $2,000 by itself.
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »
So........

Please explain how an XBOX can duplicate or surpass the Blu Ray/audio of a PS3?

Since Sony is more interested in keeping their patented player exclusive to their own console and brands, or licensing it to those that aren't a threat to them, rather than opening it up to be marketed and utilized as an additional accessory for use by everyone in a very large and established console market (ego before profit?)...  take a USB memory stick, transfer the media from your computer to it, take the stick and plug it into your XBox and play it. 

You could also hook your XBox up to network with your computer, directly transfer it to your XBox's hard drive over the network, but you could also just hook your TV up to your computer and just play it from your computer.  This also obsoletes PS3's need too, you can play higher-defintion media straigth from your computer to your TV without any need for a console (or did Sony not tell you guys this stuff like XBox and Microsoft does?  because either way to Microsoft in those cases, you're likely to be using one of their products to get you your greatest viewing pleasure.  all you'll hear from Sony is "just use ours, ours is better, don't think about the alternatives, there is none to our exclusively patented product, just use ours, ours is better,")
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.