Author Topic: Just for CAP1 a real car!  (Read 2227 times)

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Just for CAP1 a real car!
« on: May 19, 2011, 03:57:07 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNT2UijpCMs&feature=fvsr
NISSAN GTR vs some american muscle or handbag cars.
Forkit

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: Just for CAP1 a real car!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 05:49:45 AM »
Buy a ZR1 and call it a day, it crushes the GTR. Not to mention that Nissan is as ugly as something my cat threw up yesterday.

ZR1 smokes GTR

ZR-1 smokes Nissan GTR, Porsche GT2, and Ferrari 599

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:58:25 AM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 06:49:36 AM »
GTR?   Overpriced and made by one of the most unreliable auto makers in the World, outside of Suzuki and Mitsubishi.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 08:37:38 AM »
No thanks I'll stick with American muscle....

SSC Ultimate Aero
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline moochin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 09:28:48 AM »
No thanks I'll stick with American muscle....

(Image removed from quote.)

SSC Ultimate Aero

Looks uncannily like

Mclaren F1
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »
At last years Cobra roundup, there was a GTR there being used for a pace car.  One of the Cobra owners asked the GTR owner how close to the back of the car he could get.

The GTR owner laughed and said, "Catch me if you can".

Well, the track was made up of a lot of turns, with one stretch of straight away that made up about 30% of the course.  It was enough.  The Cobras had a field day.  The GTR would absolutely out handle the Cobras, but in the straight, the Cobras would eat the GTR up.

Every Cobra would blow passed the GTR at the exit of the turn into the straight.  When the race was over, the GTR owner did not stop in the pits.  He just left and we have not seen him again.

It was a good day. :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 09:39:20 AM »
Hehehe good story.

Many cars tend to look more alike these days...... wind tunnel testing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 10:03:34 AM »

The GTR would absolutely out handle the Cobras, but in the straight, the Cobras would eat the GTR up.

Yep, strap a rocket on a brick a call it a car  :rofl.  Its the combo of turning, breaking, accelerating, keeping the driver alive, etc that makes a good race car.  Anyone can cause a big explosion behind a bath tub and go fast in it in the desert.

That been said  :rofl :rofl :rofl at the mustang.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 10:13:39 AM »
Not Mustangs.  Original Cobras.  Only a noob calls a Mustang a Cobra.  If you are going to make nonsense remarks, which have no bearing in reality, at least get the facts together before you do.  Sheesh.

It was a road course.  And yes, the driver makes a huge difference.  Duh.  In case you missed the point (you seemed to have done so), the GTR driver was the one with the big mouth.  The Cobra folks just took care of business.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 10:56:55 AM »
Not Mustangs.  Original Cobras.  Only a noob calls a Mustang a Cobra.  If you are going to make nonsense remarks, which have no bearing in reality, at least get the facts together before you do.  Sheesh.

It was a road course.  And yes, the driver makes a huge difference.  Duh.  In case you missed the point (you seemed to have done so), the GTR driver was the one with the big mouth.  The Cobra folks just took care of business.

ok, but I was laughing at the mustang at the video and never mentioned anything about the driver making a difference (although I agree on that).  I think you missed my point.  It is easy to make something go fast in a straight line.  It takes a lot more to make it go fast and keep the driver alive when turning, breaking etc.  So, what do we do to compete?  We don;t make better cars.  We just make the tracks straight or with a shallow left turn  :aok 
But hey, it is not like we are both biased.  We will agree that Fords don't suck after a few posts   :)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 11:21:04 AM »
Well, except this particular track was a real 3/4 mile road course, which only had one short straight away, and the Cobras still clobbered the GTR.

The race courses the Cobras did all thier winning on were not straight, nor roundy-round.  They beat up European cars on European road courses.

Are the Cobras a brute force approach?  You bet they are.  Does that make it a bad thing?  Nope.  They always had to meet the criteria for the race they entered.  Criteria set by European countries.

You are right.  I do not get your post.  I was talking about Cobras successfully beating a GTR on a road course.  You want to talk about something with a rocket attached to it, and how it can only run on straight tracks.  I really do not know where that came from, nor what it was supposed to address.  Is there something in the video about that?  I cannot see the video.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 11:38:25 AM »

You are right.  I do not get your post.  I was talking about Cobras successfully beating a GTR on a road course.  You want to talk about something with a rocket attached to it, and how it can only run on straight tracks.  I really do not know where that came from, nor what it was supposed to address.  Is there something in the video about that?  I cannot see the video.

The video is a straight line and the Mustang having the most HP from the three cars came in not last but totally out of the competition, so you can imagine what would happen if there was a turn involved.  That and the fact that I did own a mustang and if I had to turn or the road was a little wet, that thing was all over the place.  So, that is why I made my comment.  Was just making the point that it is easy to drop a huge engine in any car.  Can you make the car also handle the power or actually deliver that power to the wheels?  That is a little harder and something we don't do here.  Were those Cobras original or had they been modified to handle better?  If they had been, in my opinions, they were not Cobras anymore.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 11:47:05 AM »
Ok, now it makes sense.  I was missing the context of your post.

The Cobras were not modified.  They are also not 1960 vintage, but the new ones built by Shelby and Kirkham, which are tooled from the originals.  The underpinnings are all stock.  The original Cobras beat Ferraris on thier own turf.  That is what they were built to do.

Cobras are a handful to drive.  They have a rear weight bias, coupled with very high torque, high horsepower engines and a short wheelbase.  You can swap the ends in a Cobra faster than you can blink, especially in turns.  Trailing throttle need not apply. :)

The Cobra is the only American car to win the World Manufacturers Racing Cup.  It did it two years in a row, but the second win (they took the top 3 spots) was disqualified, by the over seeing authority, by virtue of a rule change for the event, after the event was finished.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 12:01:18 PM »
World Manufacturers Racing Cup ???

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 12:11:17 PM »
the last Viper coming out looks stunning, and is rumored to be packed a 12 cylinder 8.6ltr 750hp hennesey tuned engine.  wish i could afford it.  :pray