Author Topic: rook/nit alliance  (Read 3694 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: rook/nit alliance
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 06:40:22 AM »
the last week or so.theres been almost 0 rook vs nit conflict.just mission after mission of rooks and nit after us.today i finaly saw 1 base flashing on the rook/nit front.

we won the war twice today.  so somehow we were able to capture rook bases without fighting?  and as of 5 am there'a battle with the rooks that has been going on for about 2 hours.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2011, 06:53:49 AM »
im not whining.just stating what most of the country thinks
no not really....
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2011, 07:41:50 AM »
 :huh
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011, 08:20:14 AM »
The Hording is why I am glad we have two arenas, last night bish/rooks did not have a single con over their sectors in the Blue Arena. What makes it even more timid is the amount of NOE missions the bishops are willing to use to flatten a base during a horde to take it.

Granted in the Orange arena, rooks actually put up a nice furball, only thing Bish put up was a 262 that augered trying to Ho a C47.
JG 52

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »
The Hording is why I am glad we have two arenas,

The hording is everywhere. There is no need for "base taking" to generate a horde. In TT where "good" furballing and fights are sadly a thing of the past. Yesterday was no different, even though there were "few" in TT those "few" played toward the lowest standard dragging the quality of gaming into the abyss of lame!

The "quality" of play in this game has dropped significantly in the past year.

It is obvious the "many" who thrive on "name in lights" are dragging the quality to new lows. It is sad as this really is a quality product. I'm afraid it will lose it's niche', it's charm and attraction for many cause There are "few" who treat it as it once was treated   :(

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2011, 09:41:11 AM »
The "quality" of play in this game has dropped significantly in the past year

And you come to this conclusion why?

"Hording" has always been part of the game. In fact, it was much more severe on a country level for many years, before we got the change in war victory criteria from "beat one country into submission" to "get bases from both other countries". It's much less these days..
Players looking for their name's in lights instead of "putting up a good fight" (whatever that means)? Has always been there.
When I joined AH  I was told "nobody wan't to fight anymore, it's all just landgrabbing, spawncamping and HO&run". That was 6 years ago ;)

But what I see a lot is players that do not note that their own standards, by which they measure, rise over the time while they are improving their own gameplay.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:44:05 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2011, 09:47:43 AM »
And you come to this conclusion why?

"Hording" has always been part of the game. In fact, it was much more severe on a country level for many years, before we got the change in war victory criteria from "beat one country into submission" to "get bases from both other countries". It's much less these days..
Players looking for their name's in lights instead of "putting up a good fight" (whatever that means)? Has always been there.
When I joined AH  I was told "nobody wan't to fight anymore, it's all just landgrabbing, spawncamping and HO&run". That was 6 years ago ;)

But what I see a lot is players that do not note that their own standards, by which they measure, rise over the time while they are improving their own gameplay.

This a true enough statement. Since I don't play to the lowest standard, and do not horde I think I can define whether said hording is getting worse or not, at least for my gaming experience of which I'm entirely entitled to an opinion on  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2011, 09:56:13 AM »
Lusche, I can see what your saying, and yes I agree we have always had these problems, but I agree that it "seems" to be getting worst.

I have been here 10 years and I can't remember it being this hard to find a fight, never mind a good old time furball.

Today's player is looking for the quick smash and grab, heaven forbid they have to work for it. Whether its a dogfight or a base capture 90% of the players don't want to spend any time at it. Blast in with guns blazing, re-up and do it again.

That's why there is no defense for the horde. Even if half a dozen defenders scramble they are down relatively quick and so are the FH. By the time you get back there from the next base they have capture and moved on.

It's rare to find fights that aren't at least 2 to 1. Skill level of most players are low, even from those that have been here for more than a year.

I flew for about 6 hours Saturday evening and spend half that time either chasing runners, or circling of large numbers of enemy just waiting for me to drop into them with out enough E to get away from the gang.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2011, 10:05:06 AM »
I have been here 10 years and I can't remember it being this hard to find a fight, never mind a good old time furball.

(...)
I flew for about 6 hours Saturday evening and spend half that time either chasing runners, or circling of large numbers of enemy just waiting for me to drop into them with out enough E to get away from the gang.

I can comment only on past 6 years. ;)

Oh, I had some trouble finding battles (though probably looking for something slightly different than you are) or classic furballs during peak arena times too. But part of the reason for this was the significantly lower number of players online on a large map. Player behavior is not no small part result of the conditions of the battlefied. We could witness this for a long time before the introduction of the offpeak arena, when gameplay was much different during the late night (=my daytime) than during US times, just because of so few players and such a large map.

Added:  After looking at some numbers, I really think the difference in general gameplay was much greater between 10 and 6 years ago, as compared to between 6 years ago and today
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:08:34 AM by Lusche »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2011, 10:07:36 AM »
There's a dot over your HQ.

Careful what you send up.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2011, 10:16:42 AM »
Lusche, I can see what your saying, and yes I agree we have always had these problems, but I agree that it "seems" to be getting worst.

Today's player is looking for the quick smash and grab, heaven forbid they have to work for it. Whether its a dogfight or a base capture 90% of the players don't want to spend any time at it. Blast in with guns blazing, re-up and do it again.

That's why there is no defense for the horde. Even if half a dozen defenders scramble they are down relatively quick and so are the FH. By the time you get back there from the next base they have capture and moved on.

It's rare to find fights that aren't at least 2 to 1. Skill level of most players are low, even from those that have been here for more than a year.

Sunday night pretty much summed up how the game is going in terms of "standards", for example the Blue arena where Rooks/Bishops didn't have a fight going. Meanwhile there was the Bishop V-2 rocket mission, they up 30 or so and head NOE then climb at the last second to lawn dart into every hanger shutting a base down vs at the most 5 defenders that managed to up?

Seriously if your going to spend $15 doing this thats cool, but there are other games like world of warcraft that may suit your "skills" better.

I can't say all is bad, Orange arena had one of the best furballs between Rook/Knits and for hours the numbers were pretty evened out.

JG 52

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2011, 10:26:15 AM »
darn i forgot to play this weekend (other than the scenario)  i just find myself playing this game less now,the scenarios take up most of my time when i play the game. even clubbing the Vtards has gotten old and boring, something about fish in a barrel loses its allure after awhile, JUGger has a Point the game play is changing and not for the better
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2011, 10:28:23 AM »
I'm sure the numbers have an impact on game play these days, but I thinks it still more on the players.

I read in another thread about "other targets", and someone agreed and said it was boring capturing bases. Yes I'm sure it is very boring to run in with the same 30 guys to flatten a base for capture.

Some day the game will again swing around to a strategic type war/game. Hopefully I'll still be here.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2011, 10:31:46 AM »
darn i forgot to play this weekend (other than the scenario)  i just find myself playing this game less now,the scenarios take up most of my time when i play the game. even clubbing the Vtards has gotten old and boring, something about fish in a barrel loses its allure after awhile, JUGger has a Point the game play is changing and not for the better

I read a lot of statements like this even years ago. Because this is typical of almost any player who has been playing this game for years. At some point almost everybody faces the "being there done that". Things that had been exciting years ago are now boring, but not because they changed - the player itself has. And going from a full MA player to one dedicated mostly  to the SEA is also a very typical evolution, but also not a new thing.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2011, 10:39:42 AM »
I'm sure the numbers have an impact on game play these days, but I thinks it still more on the players.

I read in another thread about "other targets", and someone agreed and said it was boring capturing bases. Yes I'm sure it is very boring to run in with the same 30 guys to flatten a base for capture.

Some day the game will again swing around to a strategic type war/game. Hopefully I'll still be here.

Actually I'm not completely disagreeing. There are some changes in new player's backgrounds and motivations for playing this game, but the results are more subtle. The percentage of players looking just for another game compared to those coming here for their genuine love of WW2 aviation will undoubtly rise.

And as much as I do like the almost unlimited freedom of sandbox MA gameplay for myself, I'm sometimes wondering if the future for the game does indeed lie in a more *gasp* structured, strategic arena  :headscratch:

Oh, and another statistical tidbit on base captures: For many years, we had between 25 and 30 played manhours and about 90 to 120 deaths for each base capture in the LWMA. Today it's about 50 hours and 200 deaths!  You do have to fight more to get a base. :)