Author Topic: rook/nit alliance  (Read 3691 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: rook/nit alliance
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2011, 02:48:17 PM »
I in no way, shape, or form said anything like that.   When did I say "from one tour to the next"?  

You didn't - I did, as I was explaining what happened.
You mentioned a single reason for less base captures:
of course it takes more player deaths to take a base now, because the average skill of the player base has gone waaaay down.

But that explanation doesn't work because the number of deaths didn't change gradually, but from one tour to the next, directly related to the introduction of new, bigger towns. And this is what I just was explaining  :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:58:37 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2011, 03:57:16 PM »

But that explanation doesn't work because the number of deaths didn't change gradually, but from one tour to the next, directly related to the introduction of new, bigger towns. And this is what I just was explaining  :)

Of course they changed, large groups of players now all of a sudden must take down more buildings over a wider area and survive long enough to do it with their meager skills. Of course you saw an increase in deaths.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2011, 04:01:04 PM »
Of course they changed, large groups of players now all of a sudden must take down more buildings over a wider area and survive long enough to do it with their meager skills. Of course you saw an increase in deaths.

Yes, but that doesn't show they are less skilled, nor does this effect required them to be less skilled. If you suddenly increase the difficulty, success rate will be lower, no matter the skill level. It would have been similar 2 or 5 years ago. 

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2011, 04:01:12 PM »

:aok :salute
-AoM-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »
 I wonder if it's time again for a few random charts... just because... ?  :devil

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2011, 04:10:31 PM »
I wonder if it's time again for a few random charts... just because... ?  :devil

any time is a good time for random charts  :aok
-AoM-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »
Yes, but that doesn't show they are less skilled, nor does this effect required them to be less skilled. If you suddenly increase the difficulty, success rate will be lower, no matter the skill level. It would have been similar 2 or 5 years ago. 

No not at all, skilled players hit what they are aiming for FAR more often than a less skilled player. The size of the town wouldn't have mattered much to skilled players. Todays players count on numbers to make the hits. If you throw 60 1000lbs bombs at a town a few building are going to fall, but will it be enough? Skilled players could do 5 towns with that and still have people holding bombs looking for targets.

Todays players jump right into a new game. They don't look at manuals, they don't read instructions. If they get stumped you hear it on the radio "How do I make my tank go?"  :rolleyes: They don't take the TIME to learn. When they play, they team up with others of their ilk and all they get is the very basics of game play, because after all those "teaching" them don't have the TIME to teach them, nor do they nor much more either. I am NOT talking about the Training staff. They do an awesome job with THOSE THAT ASK for the help. Those players are the ones I look forward to meeting either to fight WITH, or AGAINST as they seem to want to learn the game and how to play it. The rest just want to WIN THE GAME, and today is far better than tomorrow.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2011, 05:06:55 PM »
I shoot trees
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2011, 05:20:32 PM »
I shoot trees

Obviously with your    FACE!   :neener:

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2011, 05:25:08 PM »
No not at all, skilled players hit what they are aiming for FAR more often than a less skilled player. The size of the town wouldn't have mattered much to skilled players. Todays players count on numbers to make the hits. If you throw 60 1000lbs bombs at a town a few building are going to fall, but will it be enough? Skilled players could do 5 towns with that and still have people holding bombs looking for targets.

Todays players jump right into a new game. They don't look at manuals, they don't read instructions. If they get stumped you hear it on the radio "How do I make my tank go?"  :rolleyes: They don't take the TIME to learn. When they play, they team up with others of their ilk and all they get is the very basics of game play, because after all those "teaching" them don't have the TIME to teach them, nor do they nor much more either. I am NOT talking about the Training staff. They do an awesome job with THOSE THAT ASK for the help. Those players are the ones I look forward to meeting either to fight WITH, or AGAINST as they seem to want to learn the game and how to play it. The rest just want to WIN THE GAME, and today is far better than tomorrow.
Fugi,
you see the future real dark...  me too. And its sad when someones not playing for the quality interaction with other players but only for the win. Its not about the skill-less-ness, but the lack of the ambition to take part in nearly even matches... But its an other topic, end of the hijack.
Edit: lol dudes, country alliances do NOT exist...  :rolleyes:  amazing, this amount of totally pointless speculation... WTF is this sillyness??
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 05:46:20 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline drfritz

• Copper Member
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2011, 05:26:35 PM »
Is there any thing to this rook knight alliance. all one needs to do is look at the map in both arena and see no a single rook knight fight going on. switched from bish to knight to seewhat was going on just to see  not a damn thing going on..same crap in orange last night knights reset map and rooks just stood by and let them.. hord after hord mission into bish bases. in knight defense there was very lttle bish defense put up. but then we were being horded by both countrys and were the low # country. not much one can do but log off and let he crap game play go on with out u.just to think schools not even out yet. and its this bad.just wait in 3 weeks
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 05:28:15 PM by drfritz »

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2011, 05:55:53 PM »
Back in my day we used to have to walk to the bish and rook fronts, through blizzards and back, and uphill in every direction.  :old:
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »

Obviously with your    FACE!   :neener:

JUGgler

:huh naaa the face comes from chasing parked cars. Easy to catch but the bumper is hard on the face. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2011, 08:08:27 PM »
What I want to know is why I'm still having fun in AH after all these years, when so many folks are miserable.

What am I doing wrong?

I remember a time not so distant in the past that the "fun" was slpping away for you my friend :aok

I'm glad you have regained the enjoyment  :aok I'm sure "laughing" had a thing or 2 to do with it  :rofl

:salute

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2011, 09:03:32 PM »
Fugi,
you see the future real dark...  me too. And its sad when someones not playing for the quality interaction with other players but only for the win. Its not about the skill-less-ness, but the lack of the ambition to take part in nearly even matches... But its an other topic, end of the hijack.
Edit: lol dudes, country alliances do NOT exist...  :rolleyes:  amazing, this amount of totally pointless speculation... WTF is this sillyness??

I don't think the future is dark. I DO think we have a lot of "gamers" playing the game today. Their approach to a game is much different from a "simmer". Gamers want nothing other than a win PERIOD. Simmers on the other hand want the battle, the strategies, the challenge.

Right now we have a bunch of "gamers", I hope to see the "simmers" take over game play again some day. Until then, I'll try and be a gamer  :aok