Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 41926 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #1065 on: July 09, 2011, 12:57:39 PM »
Congratulations to everyone who had fun participating <S>

..........and to the winner, Sir, well done  :salute

(can't wait for the next one)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #1066 on: July 09, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »

Question to you: Why do you always jerk your elevators like this when you pull up right after initial merge? Is it to increase turn rate (Gs) and come in and out of blackout without loosing consciousness?

i'm used to dueling on the deck and it was me doing exactly that.  Trying to pull as hard as I can and then releasing the pressure to prevent total blackout.   It Looks like a fish out of water and not very smooth at all. 

Having too much speed is as bad as having too little. 

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1067 on: July 09, 2011, 03:03:03 PM »
i'm used to dueling on the deck and it was me doing exactly that.  Trying to pull as hard as I can and then releasing the pressure to prevent total blackout.   It Looks like a fish out of water and not very smooth at all. 

Having too much speed is as bad as having too little. 

Phanta does te same thing I noticed
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #1068 on: July 09, 2011, 04:18:13 PM »
enjoyed watching the films of the finals matchup.... was very entertaining

some good flying by both  Krup  & Bruv

congrats Bruv for the win

cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #1069 on: July 09, 2011, 09:20:54 PM »
Big hand for BaldEagle and committee, good job on bringing this thing home.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1070 on: July 09, 2011, 11:09:34 PM »
I just had a chance to finally watch the Krupinski vs FryrTuck (I can't believe you've been letting me get your name wrong all this time) duels.  I need to issue a formal apology to Krupinski.

In the first duel you did fly to 11.5K but dropped back to 10.2K at dot range and at that point speeds were within 2 mph.  Mistake corrected, no harm no foul.

In the second duel you climbed to 10.2K and at dot range had a 3 mph deficit.  Again no foul.

In the third duel you climbed to 10.7K, dropped to 10.2K and had a 20 mph speed advantage at dot range.  This fight may have been brought into question but you lost so again, no foul.  Had you won this one it may have been an issue.

In the fourth duel you were again level at 10.2K and were carrying a 24mph speed advantage that I believe was gained through using WEP.  There's no rule against the use of WEP on climb out or in transit to the merge.  Also for some reason FryrTuck was only at 8.7K at dot range and, since the rules state that 10K is both a ceiling and a floor, if anything, he might have been called.  It would be unlikely since he was giving up the E advantage but it may have actually worked in his favor as you lost again.

In the last duel you again used WEP to carry an E advantage into the fight.  At dot range you had a 95 mph speed advantage.  Once again FryrTuck was giving up the E advantage to start by entering dot range at only 7.3K  This time, in 190's, the E advantage played heavily in your favor as might be expected but again, there's no rule against using WEP in transit.  You entered dot range at 10.2K once again but were bouncing between 10.2K and 10.3K all the way to the fight.  In that sense you were seriously flirting with being in bounds but other factors had more to do with the outcome of the fight than that.

So even though I think that at a consistant 10.2K merge you're flirting with the limits all in all there was no reason for me to post a warning to you.  I rely on the information given to me to make those decisions because with the hours that I work, well, just now is the first chance I've had to see the films myself.  I did however feel that if the information being provided to me was correct that I had to issue the warning.

As to those who questioned why I did so publicly it was for two reasons; one to let everyone know that I do take the rules seriously and two, if there had been reason for a disqualification that all the cards would be on the table.

Again, my apologies to Krupinski.  Well done sir.   :salute
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:13:17 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #1071 on: July 09, 2011, 11:20:30 PM »
It's all good.

I do remember speks tactic last tourny was to come in a bit slower on the merge so he could get a head start on the turns, atleast in the spit fights he did.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1072 on: July 10, 2011, 12:07:34 AM »
I figured as long as I was watching films I'd watch the final before posting the final bracket.

Good flying on both your parts but particularly excellent throttle management on Bruv's part.

Congratulations to both of you for an exceptional seven duel final match.  I don't think we could have hoped for a more dramatic finish.

Here's the final bracket.  I hope that everyone who participated had fun and I hope to see you all again when sign-ups start in mid September for the Eighth Triannual.

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1073 on: July 10, 2011, 12:17:39 AM »
It's all good.

I do remember speks tactic last tourny was to come in a bit slower on the merge so he could get a head start on the turns, atleast in the spit fights he did.
I did?  Can I have a film cause I don't remember :salute
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #1074 on: July 10, 2011, 12:19:30 AM »
I did?  Can I have a film cause I don't remember :salute

Yea, the Seafire and spit16 fights I uber failed, you came into the merge on 0 throttle, you turned inside me like I was in a B29, remember?

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1075 on: July 10, 2011, 12:21:58 AM »
Yea, the Seafire and spit16 fights I uber failed, you came into the merge on 0 throttle, you turned inside me like I was in a B29, remember?
No lol still don't remember. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #1076 on: July 10, 2011, 12:25:21 AM »
Well, my films are on my old computer, no way I'm gonna go get them right now.

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #1077 on: July 10, 2011, 01:28:02 AM »
Krump, next time, please aim for 10.0000000000k alright? Its not THAT hard you know.  :rolleyes:
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #1078 on: July 10, 2011, 02:22:40 AM »
Nvm...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:32:33 AM by Krupinski »

Offline Simon

• Copper Member