Author Topic: "Operation" Creator  (Read 292 times)

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
"Operation" Creator
« on: May 29, 2011, 05:07:32 PM »
Alright, after an 8 month+ hiatus I'm back.  New terrain, new towns, a new zeke, the B-29  :rock, all in all it is great to see the game still evolving.  
I'd also like to throw out a hearty  :aok for the off hours arena- in the past two arenas with 80 peeps each in the wee hours was not as much fun.  
I think the basic gameplay (IE aircraft modeling) is fantastic.  New aircraft being added (like the Yak-3  :pray) is great but I think that with the depth and breadth of aircraft available, gameplay mechanics will be the biggest plus for existing subscribers.

I'd like to see an "Operation Creator": In addition to the current detailed mission creator, what about something a little more freeform?  
-There are many times I agree with what the mission creator guy is trying to do but either 1. hate/laugh at his AC/loadout choices or 2. Can't get back to base in time/ don't want to sit and wait 20 minutes to watch a futile recruiting effort that is futile because the other guys are thinking the same thing I am.  
-What about a mission room that is created  wherein each person can select a flight group (as named by the mission organizer). Each flight group could even be assigned its own specific icon color to further aid organization. (Note: A given flight group is tied to a certain airfield but unlike the msn creator, several flight groups can up from separate fields IE a Flight of F6Fs/F4us upping from a CV, a flight a 51s from a nearby field and a group of B-17s from a third location.  This will allow for advanced "convergence tactics" while all sharing the same msn vox)  
-Once recruits pick a flight group players can then select the fighter/loadout THEY know best/want.  No more square pegs in round cockpits so to speak.
-Once aloft, the Operations room does not go away but remains persistent as long as the organizing player is on line, terminates the operation or hands over command to another player (Handled like naval task forces).
- If an operation member is shot down they can re-up through the mission room without losing msn vox.  Likewise, if someone was unable to join the mission from the get-go they can join the persistent "operations" room mid-battle and get on vox with the rest of the players.
- I think this would enhance both player organization fun factor.

:salute

NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: "Operation" Creator
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 08:25:22 PM »
complicated and confusing as heck.  it will lead to lots of this "mission" that will be up all day long where nobody might be joining.

nothing wrong with the current way we just yell "hey grab a plane and lets go hit this base".  then base gets taken over and repeat .

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
Re: "Operation" Creator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 10:21:20 PM »
It's not complicated.  If I didn't think it had a niche I wouldn't have taken the time to be told it doesn't hold merit. ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:45:31 PM by Letalis »
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein