Author Topic: Mass. Tornado's  (Read 1043 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Mass. Tornado's
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »
rgr that sir  :salute  o ya ma's are never wrong, thats what mine used to tell me  :D

Ya Mom's are never wrong, however they do get the wrong info sometimes  :devil

Here's a video I posted driving down RT 169 coming into town the day after the tornados hit.

http://youtu.be/Ig_ylwTJh24

Glad to hear you fared well neighbor  <S>

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 08:47:38 PM »
Great video sir thanks for sharing bud  :salute 
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 08:51:50 PM »
Live on the MA/CT/NY border in that corner... its a bunch of small towns, and the communityy runs from the CT River all the way up the state. the souhtern half except for 3 or 4 fire departments were sent to Springfield to help with the Search and Rescue operations. Mine was one of the next to go if we were needed.  :salute to my Brothers.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 09:01:31 PM »
Thanks for your service Bro.   :salute

Live on the MA/CT/NY border in that corner... its a bunch of small towns, and the communityy runs from the CT River all the way up the state. the souhtern half except for 3 or 4 fire departments were sent to Springfield to help with the Search and Rescue operations. Mine was one of the next to go if we were needed.  :salute to my Brothers.
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 09:12:08 PM »
Thanks for your service Bro.   :salute

:salute
HogDweeb

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 09:12:37 PM »
As some of you know I go Western New England University (yes just got university status this summer), but I am here all summer doing research.

I actually saw the first tornado go through Springfield as it went the street behind where the school is located.  Watched it go by from about 150 yards away not realizing what was going on with everyone standing outside the gym looking at the sky in awe.  Started off as hail then the tornado came through.  Hour later with more tornadoes threatening/touching ground they had us seek shelter in the basement of the gym.  Got the all clear after 30 minutes to leave then hour after that the sirens go off on campus to seek shelter once again.

Never thought I would see tornadoes in New England or come that close to one.

Several streets wrecked around the school and yet somehow we received no damage from the tornado.  Springfield college lost a dorm and downtown springfield was damaged pretty bad.  The cleanup is still going on and they just opened the street that most take coming from the south of Springfield to get to Western New England.  The governor called in a state of emergency and I know that the national guard from my town in CT, about 45 minutes away, is up in Springfield as well helping with the cleanup.  This has made getting around town quite difficult with a lot of street still down including some major roads.

You can see images and videos of the tornado and springfield here.
http://www.wwlp.com/
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 10:50:50 PM »
Many fire departments came out to assist just after the storm  The National Guard was also deployed to help with traffic and the potential for looters (It was a big problem in Springfield).  The crews working to get the communities back on their feet have done an outstanding job.  Can't say enough about them!  Overall, all of the agencies called into action have done one hell of a job.

Needless to say, I'm ready to get back to a normal shift.  These 16 and 12 hour tours have been really kicking my butt. 

Joe, if you get a chance,  take a ride down Route 131 with your video recorder.  So, I've worked blizzards, ice storms, hurricanes, floods, and now a tornado.  I don't want an earthquake any time soon.
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »
      Thanks for your service  :salute

Many fire departments came out to assist just after the storm  The National Guard was also deployed to help with traffic and the potential for looters (It was a big problem in Springfield).  The crews working to get the communities back on their feet have done an outstanding job.  Can't say enough about them!  Overall, all of the agencies called into action have done one hell of a job.

Needless to say, I'm ready to get back to a normal shift.  These 16 and 12 hour tours have been really kicking my butt. 

Joe, if you get a chance,  take a ride down Route 131 with your video recorder.  So, I've worked blizzards, ice storms, hurricanes, floods, and now a tornado.  I don't want an earthquake any time soon.
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 01:24:48 PM »
      Thanks for your service  :salute

+1.

didnt know thjere werte so many involved in the public safety aspect of real life on the game.
HogDweeb

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 01:30:27 PM »
Here is the one that someone took from across the street that went behind my school.  This was the first to touch down.

Was only about 150-200 yards tops from where it was passing through watching it outside.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:16:37 PM by Hoarach »
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots