Author Topic: Due to  the current economic downturn...  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
Due to  the current economic downturn...
« on: June 08, 2011, 01:30:44 PM »
Starting today at the 4pm switchover, we are going to change the arena format to go to a single late war arena. Due to  the current economic downturn our main arena play numbers no longer justify a second late war arena and we'll be dropping the 2 arena system until such time that it is again needed.  

Additionally we are currently developing user spawned arenas to serve as an expanded and HTC hosted version of the old 8 player H2H.  The introduction of this feature will also lessen the need for a second late war arena.

If I had only $30 each month for entertainment, I'd purchase a Netflix account and Aces High.

But, I'll have to buy a new computer and video card before I upgrade past version 2.13.   :rolleyes:

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Due to  the current economic downturn...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:55:37 PM »
If I had only $30 each month for entertainment, I'd purchase a Netflix account and Aces High.

But, I'll have to buy a new computer and video card before I upgrade past version 2.13.   :rolleyes:

Dump Netflix and save that $30 a month.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
Netflix is only 10 bucks a month. 

You people that pay for cable television pay what again?

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 03:49:06 PM »
Netflix is a steal in value.  So is Aces High.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:45:26 PM »
Okay, we're trying to explain player number decline in terms of an economic downturn, but how likely is it that $15 dollars a month is breaking anyone? You'd almost think player numbers would go UP because sitting at home and playing Aces High is so damn cheap.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 07:18:27 PM »
it's 15 plus internet which in my case it's 45 not including electricity.  add beer and pretty soon we are talking some serious money.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:22:09 PM »
it's 15 plus internet which in my case it's 45 not including electricity.  add beer and pretty soon we are talking some serious money.

semp

I play on a cheap dial-up connection that costs me 15 a month. Its not perfect, I get way too many discos, but its better than the sattelite connections of certain players who will go nameless.... :devil
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 07:36:11 PM »

semp

Drink Old Milwaukee....That should save you some cash.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 07:36:45 PM »
but you are seeing now that it's not just 15 bucks.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 07:37:39 PM »
500 dollars on a full CH set too.......
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 07:38:40 PM »

semp

Yeah, and I'd cancel the damn television before I canceled AHs but alot of guys with wife and kids probably can't do that...

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 07:39:37 PM »

I've always played on a 20 dollar Saitek twisties, but yeah, if I liked rudders I probably wouldn't play without 'em.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 07:40:22 PM »

You can get a Fighterstick, Pro throttle, and Pedals for <$300 on Amazon. New too.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 07:48:29 PM »
Or PBR, sure... But why get the good stuff when you can buy cases of Mickey's for the same as a 6 of Bud... :D

Drink Old Milwaukee....That should save you some cash.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 07:52:40 PM »

semp

If the only thing you are using the internet for is aces high then I ask, what century are you living in?