Author Topic: how to cut the costs of a BRAND NEW CAR  (Read 775 times)

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
how to cut the costs of a BRAND NEW CAR
« on: June 08, 2011, 03:57:26 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw-NxQ_-OCI&feature=autoplay&list=LLefjFw0ThvOI&index=4&playnext=3

he shows u how to cut down on more then half the price of a brand new car
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: how to cut the costs of a BRAND NEW CAR
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 04:14:12 PM »
no really he's acting like a jerk.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 04:15:46 PM »
no really he's acting like a jerk.

i dunno,that one guy was laughing
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
-Tupac

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 04:43:06 PM »
He's there for his own amusement, making a stupid video, while those sales people are at work trying to earn a living.  I would've told that moron to leave the lot and never return. 
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 05:45:45 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw-NxQ_-OCI&feature=autoplay&list=LLefjFw0ThvOI&index=4&playnext=3

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, I'd never underestimate a good salesman.  Salesmen aren't as dumb as you think, they know a serious buyer will seriously consider a seriously good deal.  But, give a jokester a good joke to have a run with though, and see how many people that heard that joke who also seriously want to buy a car showup in your lot thinking they'll get the best deal in town and of the century.  It's almost like the salesmen knew this guy was gonna go tell twelve of his best buds at the bar that night about his day of prankstering and unbelievable offers at their place of buisness... or even better, a viral youtube video!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:49:31 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 07:45:43 PM »

There's no way you could reduce the price of a car in half,maybe if the manufactor had some outrageous rebates but even then it's unlikely.

Now on some models you could expect between 15 and 30% discount if you did your homework but anywhere between 10% and 20% off list is a good deal.  The key is to find the dealer cost,then go in at the end of the month on a friday if possible, but always at the end of the month.

Many Salesmen will let a car go that day just to meet their quota.

:salute

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:54:22 PM »

There's no way you could reduce the price of a car in half,maybe if the manufactor had some outrageous rebates but even then it's unlikely.

Now on some models you could expect between 15 and 30% discount if you did your homework but anywhere between 10% and 20% off list is a good deal.  The key is to find the dealer cost,then go in at the end of the month on a friday if possible, but always at the end of the month.

did u watch the video?he goes to a car lot and sais i dont want that(tires, mirrors, engine batteries,power steering,hood,sun roof.

pretty much half the stuff the car has he asks for it without :salute
-Cpl Fish
-Tupac

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 03:57:40 AM »
a yugo with 1/2 a tank of gas is worth 1/2 the price of a yugo with a full tank of gas.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 06:03:43 AM »
a yugo with 1/2 a tank of gas is worth 1/2 the price of a yugo with a full tank of gas.

semp

on a lighter note....
   any car in a salvage yard is worth 2 times its value on the road

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »
Now THAT's funny, right there.   :D
325th Checkertails

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 10:32:13 AM »
I didn't find the video funny at all.  Anyone who has worked a day in their lives and has had to deal with the general public won't find it funny either.

Whether he was being serious or not is irrelevant.  The guy was a total PITA and completely wasting the salespeople's time.  Those guys don't get paid by the hour.. nor do they get paid salary... they get paid on COMMISSION.  When people are like that wasting their time they are literally working for nothing.

Personally, I would have told the guy to quit wasting my time, get off the lot and never come back.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 11:10:57 AM »
 :rofl Love it when people feel sorry for professional liars.  It is funny to see them try to begin "working" by asking how much are you looking to spend  :lol   The blanket is over the engine so if there is a fire the fire won;t burn through the metal hood  :rofl

Yeah, just normal honest guys trying to make a living  :lol 
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
I work sales with the public every day and I find it funny. If were me, I would have went with it. It would be a nice break to deal with that type of lunacy instead of the usual every day stuff.
325th Checkertails

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 01:32:37 PM »

I'm close enough to how we cost that I can tell you, morfiend, that your intuiton is entirely correct. Beyond that, I can tell you little else but that you will never see methods like this work in any but excpetional cases.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 02:37:27 PM »
I'm close enough to how we cost that I can tell you, morfiend, that your intuiton is entirely correct. Beyond that, I can tell you little else but that you will never see methods like this work in any but excpetional cases.

I understand your a Ford guy,I was at one time too. I also worked at the dealer level as did my wife. Not quite sure what you mean by "methods" unless your refering to the video,which I watched for about 30 seconds and turned it off as it was rediculess.

Would it be fair to say that I'm fairly close on the percentages,without incentives of course?   

I know for fact that most salesmen get performance based perks,that new car they drive doesnt come for free! End of month can be interesting to see the salesmen trip over themselves to get any deal on paper so they dont have to pay for said perks.

I suppose I should have qualified the dealer cost item,yes I know there's the on paper cost and the actual cost but then only the dealer principle sees the "actual" cost.

Soon I hope to purchase a new to me car/suv,I will test out the new fords to see if I like them but if the prices are even close,I think I'll end up with a honda or toyota. I own an accord now and a E class,that accord has been the best car I've ever owned. It just had it's 53rd oil change...... :rofl :rofl..... I think it's finally broken in! :aok