Author Topic: gotta love the DA  (Read 1445 times)

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
Re: gotta love the DA
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 09:51:08 PM »
oh no not waco :lol
FlyKommando.com

"Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 09:55:54 PM »
I will 1vs1 with you in any plane in the set.  We can do same planes, or any combo that might be interesting.  

But I get what you are saying about the DA.

Personally, I never go into the DA "looking" for a 1vs1...  I go to the MA and look for a real pilot (not the DA Furball Lake dweebs), then go into the DA for some good dueling fun.

That arrogance will get ya killed one day. If you think everyone at the lake is in a chog or a temp you are mistaken. There are 3 pilots that regularly take a temp that I can think of. Once in awhile a random pilot may take one up. There are a few more chogs but compared to spit16s not many. If you arent enjoying the lake, you arent surviving the lake. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere. Its up to you..New..ahh..sorry.

~AoM~

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 10:32:12 PM »
   That arrogance will get ya killed one day. If you think everyone at the lake is in a chog or a temp you are mistaken. There are 3 pilots that regularly take a temp that I can think of. Once in awhile a random pilot may take one up. There are a few more chogs but compared to spit16s not many. If you arent enjoying the lake, you arent surviving the lake. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere. Its up to you..New..ahh..sorry.
109K-4  :rock
FlyKommando.com

"Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 11:44:41 PM »
109K-4  :rock

no fun 1v1 109k4 or g14,if they even get a 1 sec snapshot its usualy over.there for a short and boring 1v1 IMO
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 12:13:20 AM »
1v1 is fun.but nothing else is.and u ask some1 to 1v1 and they bring a temp.or some other plane that doesnt take much skill to fly

Not sure which Shade you are asking to the DA arena, but in the last month I've been flying in the DA arena I have not had one person fly a tempest unless the plane set was asked for to begin with, in which not one person has asked a "chog or tempest".

I would suggest flying the MA for a while until you understand whose a decent stick then ask them politely to the DA to learn a few things.
If you ask someone and they take up a Tempest when you politely ask for a Ki-61 then its time to find someone over the age of 12.

Doesn't matter which plane set is chosen whether its a C-hog or D3a, a decent stick is going to school you left and right, learn from the mistakes and after a while you learn it doesn't matter how many times you lose, you learn to train those who you beat and repeat the cycle.

/Not sure who you are in the DA, but I am sure I haven't seen you in there, and I know I haven't ask for no tempest, maybe you don't like P-40s:)
JG 52

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 12:21:47 AM »
Not sure which Shade you are asking to the DA arena, but in the last month I've been flying in the DA arena I have not had one person fly a tempest unless the plane set was asked for to begin with, in which not one person has asked a "chog or tempest".

I would suggest flying the MA for a while until you understand whose a decent stick then ask them politely to the DA to learn a few things.
If you ask someone and they take up a Tempest when you politely ask for a Ki-61 then its time to find someone over the age of 12.

Doesn't matter which plane set is chosen whether its a C-hog or D3a, a decent stick is going to school you left and right, learn from the mistakes and after a while you learn it doesn't matter how many times you lose, you learn to train those who you beat and repeat the cycle.

/Not sure who you are in the DA, but I am sure I haven't seen you in there, and I know I haven't ask for no tempest, maybe you don't like P-40s:)

ahh you clearly dont know me.but i wont bother in explaining.i fly the MA all the time.i ask friends from the MA to 1v1.in the DA whenever i ask some1 to 1v1 they always bring a temp,la,or Chog.i just bail and go to MA.the furbal lake is full of temps and Chogs.thats what im trying to say
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 12:59:56 AM »
DA is a good place to learn only if you hit into right people. Look into TA instead, have a trainer assess your skills, then go from there.

Yea, true. The DA is also a great place to get attacked by old men with canes.  :old:

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 07:47:41 AM »
vREBEL (or anyone else) if you see me in the DA I'm always up for a 1 vs. 1. in any plane. I usually fly evenings until around 10:00pm, also early morning weekends.

Simon

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 08:20:40 AM »
 The DA is mostly perk rides in F-3 mode spraying the sky with cannon. I would fly in the DA if the perk planes and F-3 was gone.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 08:23:41 AM »
oh no not waco :lol
What's wrong with my little texas friend :)
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 08:50:33 AM »
DA is a good place to learn only if you hit into right people. Look into TA instead, have a trainer assess your skills, then go from there.

Heh, after ruining the DA you are trying to ruin the TA now?  :furious
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 08:52:19 AM »
Yea, true. The DA is also a great place to get attacked by old men with canes.  :old:

And funny to watch them in their Buick with their blinkers on throughout the fight  :old:

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 09:00:57 AM »
Heh, after ruining the DA you are trying to ruin the TA now?  :furious

:headscratch:
Sending a new guy to the TA ruins the TA...how?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 09:10:21 AM »
:headscratch:
Sending a new guy to the TA ruins the TA...how?

Bighorn being there is what ruins it, not the new guys.  I am surprised he has not been kicked out of this game yet  :confused:

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »
Havent tried to duel anybody yet.  Is the DA a good place to learn?

On a private field not the lake.  Find someone that knows what their doing and wants to help you, not just whip your bellybutton around the field...trust me on that.  There are a ton of great folks that will help you...along with varying degrees of instruction, lol....

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba