Author Topic: re-allow the game (aceshigh.exe) back through your firewall.  (Read 602 times)

Offline LTARstud

• Zinc Member
How do I allow aceshigh.exe back through my firewall?  Im currently running windows XP and my router is a hughes HN7000S.  Never had problems, but with the latest patch Im having trouble.  I've even disabled my antivirus and firewall to see if I could play, but Im still getting the same problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Semper  FI

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: re-allow the game (aceshigh.exe) back through your firewall.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 11:42:48 PM »
Not too sure about XP, using Vista, but it should be close.  I go to control panel/fire wall, then remove any AH stuff from there.  After that I
go back and allow AH as an exception...

Coogan
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:44:50 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline LTARstud

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 05:52:45 PM »
 Well I tried what you suggested 100 Coogan but no luck. Anyone else have any Ideas ?
Semper  FI

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 05:25:30 AM »
If you can connect without going through your router, that would check to see if the router is the problem. However I think it unlikely because your router settings were working before.

Can you play offline?
What actual error message are you getting?
Was your patch done automatically, or did you do a manual patch. If the Latter, suspect the problem could be due to server changes.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 07:24:49 AM »
Oh I dont like what I saw in your manual:

"The Port Forwarding Configuration Page (Figure 78) is available only on the HN7700S terminal and is present only if Port Forwarding has been enabled on your terminal by the NOC."

However... Point your browser to 192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html and on the left hand pane you will see "Firewall" and there you want to click on the "+" sign. You should refer to the manual yourself and read it because you are going to have more questions.

Myself... I would return it and get the HN7700S.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 12:20:42 AM »
When this happens to me on win7 I go to nortons firewall then see were ah is than allow it in the drop down box very simple
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 04:22:51 AM »
Just two questions ACE... do you have a hardware firewall? a router?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.