Author Topic: SDK with rockets  (Read 642 times)

Offline ML52

• Copper Member
SDK with rockets
« on: June 22, 2011, 09:48:39 AM »
I just discovered the SDK can be armed with rockets, how do I get them to fire?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: SDK with rockets
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:09:25 AM »
Same as rockets on anything else. Secondary select (backspace) then secondary fire.

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:22:52 AM »
I just wish I knew how to aim them.    :frown:

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:23:06 AM »
It's AIMING them that can be a pain. :lol

EDIT: DaHand beat me to it. :lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline ML52

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:48:56 AM »
thanks got it to work.  :aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 10:59:32 AM »
Don't forget to take rockets and supplies. Then when you run out, you drop supplies and reload, fire again.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 11:16:13 AM »
If memory serves Moot did some testing with the SDK a while back and had gotten pretty adept at hitting things with the rockets, a search may dig something up.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 11:32:07 AM »
Your rockets are set for two angles if I remember. That stick with the red and white stripes you see from the drivers seat is your gunsight.

Go offline and park on a shore line that faces due north. Bring up the offline target. Set it to (.target 2000). Adjust your SDK until the red and white stick sits in front of the target or close. Fire a rocket or two and go to full zoom to see where they hit. Bring the target back in by 200 yards each time until you have the rockets hitting or just in front of the target.

The other way is to drive towards the town or pick buildings on your airfeild and test the distance against the red and white stick.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 12:01:55 PM »
Also if you are moving the range is affected, seems backwards at first but the rockets will fly further if you are moving backward.  If you're driving forward range is less than stationary IIRC.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 12:11:11 PM »
I wish I could find all the range data I found when testing the SdKfz 251's 28cm rockets.  To learn them, I too highly suggest you go offline and test the range and impact spread of the rockets.  I know if you sit on one end of the runway and fire the lessor degree arc to the other end you will impact at the end of the runway (small airfield, iirc).   

HTC recently upgraded the damage to them {loud applause!} and they are worth taking if 2 things happen: First, you NEED supporting cover.  Meaning, if you do not have a wirblewind or a tank to come with you to protect you while you find level ground and a straight line of sight you will be eaten alive by a wee defender.  Secondly, you learn how to gauge and aim the rockets and know what they can do.  If you can find the flag and then find the "town square" or at least the "flag corner" you can unleash some major butt woopin'.   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 12:29:38 PM »
Your rockets are set for two angles if I remember. That stick with the red and white stripes you see from the drivers seat is your gunsight.

Go offline and park on a shore line that faces due north. Bring up the offline target. Set it to (.target 2000). Adjust your SDK until the red and white stick sits in front of the target or close. Fire a rocket or two and go to full zoom to see where they hit. Bring the target back in by 200 yards each time until you have the rockets hitting or just in front of the target.

The other way is to drive towards the town or pick buildings on your airfeild and test the distance against the red and white stick.

Good suggestions. I'm going to give it a try.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.