Author Topic: You know what this is???  (Read 4017 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: You know what this is???
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 12:34:06 PM »
Personally I'd rather learn to avoid their attack, reverse, and get my own shot from a position where they can't shoot back.  But then again that's just me. :)

#6 is one of my faves, and I'm pretty sure oswald meant be aggressive and take the fight to them - if you just keep evading, the guy will eventually saddle up and shoot you.

I do this all the time, often it spooks the BnZer enough that they lose patience or make mistakes ("but Ive got the E and hes attacking me! huh?") also I think alot of people tend to get confused if you force a nose-to-nose fight in the vert. in fact most players seem to be alot more comfortable with a nose-to-tail fight - witness the obsession with turn radius rather than turn rate ("which plane turns the tightest?") and how most players fly lead rather than lag pursuit.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 12:53:21 PM »
luftwaffe pilot instructions during the war?

Were the Luftwaffe any good during the war?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 01:04:36 PM »
Were the Luftwaffe any good during the war?

mate you're troll

forcing people in a nose to nose situation is called HO fyi
now posting as SirNuke

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 01:22:13 PM »
6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try to evade his onslaught, but fly to meet it.

And get accused of being  HO dweeb by morons.

You can turn into your opponent and not ho. only the slow in the head ho

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 01:29:05 PM »

You can turn into your opponent and not ho. only the slow in the head ho
That is circumstantial actually.  The HO is a tool in the toolbox and sometimes it is the correct one.  Some people seem to think it is the only tool in the toolbox though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 01:31:57 PM »
forcing people in a nose to nose situation is called HO fyi

Ive snapshotted people in the cockpit at 90o AO before and they called it a HO, so sure why not :lol
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 01:35:47 PM »
just cause it says turn into them doesn't mean go head to head or ho though. What it does is give the enemy a harder shot. If you watch the top sticks in the game you will see they all do this. turn into the direction of an attacking enemy.
and yes zach the luft were great. an air force doesn't get the highest number of aces in history and the highest scoreing aces in history while being out numbered by not being good. overwhelming numbers is the main factor that killed the luft. all though not the only factor

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 01:38:41 PM »
The dead are always ho'd. 

Ive snapshotted people in the cockpit at 90o AO before and they called it a HO, so sure why not :lol
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 01:43:25 PM »
    \
      \         <not a ho
        \                                                             
          :airplane:                                --------------  :airplane:
         /                                                    ^
       /      < not a ho                               ho
     /

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 01:43:31 PM »
just cause it says turn into them doesn't mean go head to head or ho though. What it does is give the enemy a harder shot. If you watch the top sticks in the game you will see they all do this. turn into the direction of an attacking enemy.
and yes zach the luft were great. an air force doesn't get the highest number of aces in history and the highest scoreing aces in history while being out numbered by not being good. overwhelming numbers is the main factor that killed the luft. all though not the only factor
Don't worship them too much, the main thing that allowed those aces to get those scores was being in a target rich environment (i.e., losing) and fighting over their own territory so that being shot down often did not end a career.  Fighting the Soviets and their lack luster training programs helped too.  The Americans and Brits would have had pilots with similar scores had they been in the same situation.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 01:53:12 PM »
Don't worship them too much, the main thing that allowed those aces to get those scores was being in a target rich environment (i.e., losing) and fighting over their own territory so that being shot down often did not end a career.  Fighting the Soviets and their lack luster training programs helped too.  The Americans and Brits would have had pilots with similar scores had they been in the same situation.

Out break of the war they were not over there own turf. and even after russia gave there pilotes better training and better planes killes were still mounting against them. Germans invented ACM. even the figure 4 thats used world wide then and now was a luft invention.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 02:09:18 PM »
Out break of the war they were not over there own turf. and even after russia gave there pilotes better training and better planes killes were still mounting against them. Germans invented ACM. even the figure 4 thats used world wide then and now was a luft invention.
Finns were using finger four before the Germans were.  They did not invent ACM any more than did the British and French.  Russian training and aircraft were a joke at the start of the war and got better as it progressed, almost the exact opposite of German and Japanese trends, though it never approached the quality of pre-war German or Japanese training, nor American, British or Finnish training.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »

you cant deny that Hartmann was great.....1400 combat sorties, never been shot down, never hit his silk, never lost a wingman, crashed landed his plane....9 times (I think) and that's because he ran into the carcass of the planes he shot down, me personally If I was in a real war I would fly like him as much as possible....here in a game were no one dies I fly the exact opposite, and think its silly to fly like your life depends on it.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 02:22:03 PM »
you cant deny that Hartmann was great.....1400 combat sorties, never been shot down, never hit his silk, never lost a wingman, crashed landed his plane....9 times (I think) and that's because he ran into the carcass of the planes he shot down, me personally If I was in a real war I would fly like him as much as possible....here in a game were no one dies I fly the exact opposite, and think its silly to fly like your life depends on it.

Hartmann one of my favorite luft aces I like the style he fought. Him and the Star of Africa top 2.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 02:26:46 PM »
Hartmann one of my favorite luft aces I like the style he fought. Him and the Star of Africa top 2.

ya the guy must have been very intelligent, with nerves of steel. I have huge respect for him.