Author Topic: We need map voting!  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
We need map voting!
« on: July 01, 2011, 06:36:03 PM »
If a map is up that nobody likes such as the current one I'd like to have the option to vote for a new one.

:bhead

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: We need map voting!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 06:39:59 PM »
I can see where that would go.  Mass base taking squads all panic vote to get the easiest to conquer map up.

Nope, I don't think we NEED map voting.  I think you'd like map voting :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 06:42:22 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me.    Well said Dan!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 06:59:08 PM »
If a map is up that nobody likes such as the current one I'd like to have the option to vote for a new one.

If you dont like the map, make a new one and submit it to HTC for use

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 07:02:23 PM »
Players already have a vote... kinda. See any side getting closer to reset than the other? Well, hop over and help them! :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 09:01:58 PM »
I recall a number of years ago when my (then) squaddie, NB (NoBaddy) spent about 6 months, part time on his part, designing, creating and de-bugging Trinity.

Belial, since you're obviously disenchanted with some of the maps we have in the current rotation, perhaps you'd be willing to give it a go.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 09:21:07 PM »

Not a bad wish IMO.  The peoples voice should be heard...
If the map sucks azz, then it should be looked into.

my $.02

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 09:30:11 PM »
I can see where that would go.  Mass base taking squads all panic vote to get the easiest to conquer map up.

Nope, I don't think we NEED map voting.  I think you'd like map voting :)

hey!! you feeling ok? it's not like you to be so pessimistic.

you know as well as i do, that base taking squads would never do such a thing. they are good they can take any base on any map. why would they need to vote in an "easy" map?  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 10:35:59 PM »
No.

~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 10:57:41 PM »
My intention was to have a way of circumventing maps people don't prefer...say when the war is won people get a choice of all available maps to choose as the next one.

If that didn't come out clear it was the booz...

When a new map is getting ready to pop give the people a multiple choice box...

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 11:34:46 PM »
My intention was to have a way of circumventing maps people don't prefer...say when the war is won people get a choice of all available maps to choose as the next one.

There are a few maps maps I thoroughly dislike and I know I'm not the only one. Yet I do not want to see such an option at all. I do not want to see maps skipped just because they appeal "only" to 40% of the population. HTC might lose more than it will gain from such a vote.
And rotation is big enough to endure every map every once in a while, and since the new 20% rule it's also quick enough. It's not that we have one map up for a whole month anymore.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 12:14:14 AM »
Im down for that idea.If not,please throw the trinity map in the trash,and burn the trashcan.then bury the ashes 5000 ft underground.
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 12:27:39 AM »
Im down for that idea.If not,please throw the trinity map in the trash,and burn the trashcan.then bury the ashes 5000 ft underground.

lol, now we'll be fight -5k AGL.
err, BGL.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 12:40:54 AM »
nobody

Where exactly did you come up with this result? You don't like it, some vocal people don't like it, but those who are fine are quiet about it so you assume "nobody" likes the map?  You "vote" for a changed map and those who like it are left out of a map they like?  There is a rotation for a reason.

If you can get enough people together to "vote" away a map, you can get them together and change the map. 

ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 02:29:09 AM »
Where exactly did you come up with this result? You don't like it, some vocal people don't like it, but those who are fine are quiet about it so you assume "nobody" likes the map?  You "vote" for a changed map and those who like it are left out of a map they like?  There is a rotation for a reason.

If you can get enough people together to "vote" away a map, you can get them together and change the map. 

like it was explained in another thread.  it could be very easy for two countries to vote to change when the 3rd is about to win the war.  or perhaps late at night when there's not that many players maps could change every 20 minutes.

Hell if I was to see some b29's hitting the strats then I would call for a map change right away :devil.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.