Author Topic: We need map voting!  (Read 2022 times)

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: We need map voting!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 02:39:39 AM »
like it was explained in another thread.  it could be very easy for two countries to vote to change when the 3rd is about to win the war.  or perhaps late at night when there's not that many players maps could change every 20 minutes.

Hell if I was to see some b29's hitting the strats then I would call for a map change right away :devil.

semp

why would they make it so u could vote to change it during the middle of a war.i think the war would have to be won and during the 4 minutes til map change players vote on the next map.maybe with a small pic of the map and then a check box next to it.after the 4 mins u open the map to the one that got the most votes.
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 02:54:32 AM »
Seems to be a complete contradiction to those who claim this is war!  Since when did those in the middle of a war get to choose their battlefield?

"excuse me Mr. war monger.  We prefer a more quaint map with nice easy paths for us to drive our tanks.  We'd prefer that the airways be uncluttered with mountains or valleys as they can be very inconvenient.  No clouds, wind or rain either.  We're working on our cartoon tans."

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »
My intention was to have a way of circumventing maps people don't prefer...say when the war is won people get a choice of all available maps to choose as the next one.

If that didn't come out clear it was the booz...

When a new map is getting ready to pop give the people a multiple choice box...

htc had come up with a way to do just that. but then everyone whined about it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 07:51:12 AM »
NO!
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 07:54:09 AM »
 Here is a plan. If you hate the map that is up simple change sides to one country and run the map and get a reset. How is that for map voting? I would rather see the GV spawns tightened up so I don't spend 20 minutes driving and 5 minutes fighting before I have to start the 20 drive all over.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 08:02:05 AM »
Here is a plan. If you hate the map that is up simple change sides to one country and run the map and get a reset. How is that for map voting? I would rather see the GV spawns tightened up so I don't spend 20 minutes driving and 5 minutes fighting before I have to start the 20 drive all over.

what i think they're saying, is that they can't stand the map to the point where they don't wanna fly on it.

if that's the case....then like i said....htc gave them a solution to that......but then everyone and their second cousin once removed was complaining about it.........no matter what they do, people are quick to complain. no one seems to want to praise them for giving us the best Golly-gee sim on the interwebs.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 08:33:47 AM »
Some people hate some maps while others love them. "uterus" is a horrible map for GVs, but the furball guys love it. Each map has it's "up" side, you just need to play that aspect of the game while that map is on.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 10:23:34 AM »
Some people hate some maps while others love them. "uterus" is a horrible map for GVs, but the furball guys love it. Each map has it's "up" side, you just need to play that aspect of the game while that map is on.

or go to the other arena, where there's probably a map they like.....oops.....wait....the y friggin whined too much, and don't have that option now.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline iron650

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2011, 10:28:29 AM »

If a country's winning the opposing countries could vote to change the map. Also, there might be more whining in a map change.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2011, 10:52:36 AM »
No.  One man's suckage is another man's bliss.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2011, 11:57:27 AM »

If a country's winning the opposing countries could vote to change the map. Also, there might be more whining in a map change.

or my idea.
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
-Tupac

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2011, 12:12:06 PM »
or my idea.

Like thunder said...NO voting during a current map...

ONLY voting during the 4 minute period leading up to the map change...like he said a list with a small picture...highest votes win

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 01:32:05 PM »

Like thunder said...NO voting during a current map...

ONLY voting during the 4 minute period leading up to the map change...like he said a list with a small picture...highest votes win

same map playing over and over :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 02:11:23 PM »

semp

thats only if the majority voted for the same map over and over.
-Cpl Fish
-Tupac

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »

semp

That's the way it was in AWIII and we never complained..... well about maps   :devil