Author Topic: What just happened?! - Part II  (Read 541 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
What just happened?! - Part II
« on: July 02, 2011, 01:06:22 PM »
This is from just a few minutes ago in the Late War Arena:

Went after high bombers (in a C.202 :D ) and he crossed off the edge of the map.  At that time he vanished and shortly thereafter, I did as well.  After finally catching him at least 2 grids off map, I made a few passes and he seemed to be afk.  Saddled up and proceeded to spray all three bombers from point blank and did not get a single ping on him.  Coasting back dead stick, I crossed back onto the map and disappeared again.  Couldn't even see the inside of my plane.  A few seconds later, my plane was back.

Is the Bremuda Triangle modeled in Aces High now?  :noid

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xabiprwshujoasp

Here is most of the film.  It starts from immediately before we first vanish and goes until I return from the void on my return trip. 
The shooting starts at  the 14:00 mark in the film and goes to 16:30. 

Never had any issues remotely like this and I have a stable connection.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: What just happened?! - Part II
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 12:42:47 AM »
Happens any time you fly too far off the map; the game simply stops tracking you. Used to happen a long time ago when you went over 70,000ft too. Actually, if you fly far enough off the side of the map, you'll find a "ghost" version of it; everything's there, but ack doesn't fire and nothing moves.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 11:00:11 AM »
Are there any cool things to see off map boundaries that don't exist within the boundaries?

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 11:20:51 AM »
Happens any time you fly too far off the map; the game simply stops tracking you. Used to happen a long time ago when you went over 70,000ft too. Actually, if you fly far enough off the side of the map, you'll find a "ghost" version of it; everything's there, but ack doesn't fire and nothing moves.

Makes me glad I chased him all that way.  :bhead   

Are there any cool things to see off map boundaries that don't exist within the boundaries?

Just water, sky and lots of it.  Doesn't seem to have an end.  Kevin Costner might be out there somewhere.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."