Author Topic: wat ever happended to pilots with honor  (Read 18178 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: wat ever happended to pilots with honor
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 10:20:19 PM »
I don't fight? Ok. Glad we got that sorted out.
you still haven't answered my question...
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 10:22:42 PM »
Heard we might be getting the "King" Tiger Tank!!! :bolt:
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 10:23:38 PM »
you still haven't answered my question...

Not worth answering to...bit like your quest at finding something wrong from a flight model without basic understanding of aerodynamics.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 10:24:40 PM »
The bigger picture governs; this thing has nothing to do with this game.

It is symptomatic of a cultural shift or evolution

Anyone who has been doing laps on this rolling rock for more than 30 years has seen it.

The culture within the game only reflects the culture we have created and live in today as a society

Nothing is going to reverse it, here or outside.

Sad but true and inevitable

Oneway

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 10:37:01 PM »
When I first log in, I try and look for the 1v1s or 1v2s but time after time it turns into one bandit that dives on you while 4 others stay high and wait for the right opportunity. After a couple fights like this, I try and work the fringes of the fight until that also fails. After this I give what courtesy I can while not giving out free kills. It is made doubly worse by entire squads winging up in the MA, imho, the MA is not the place for a squad of 12+ guys to wing up and work individual cons to death.

Nothing will change the above behavior unless HTC changes gameplay in some fashion (zone ENY, disabling scoring, decreasing point awarded for too many cons on a single fighter, etc). Either accept it or quit and move on, nothing is going to change.

Hitech grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to put up with the bullcrap in the MA;
and the ability to shoot down one horde monkey at a time, without end.

Amen. 
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 11:00:27 PM »
Not worth answering to...bit like your quest at finding something wrong from a flight model without basic understanding of aerodynamics.
Ahh, despite your superiority complex, we have something in common then, ch1tty jokes!

You wear out your stuffed Brewster that you take to bed every night?

.. and I don't want to know why you made a hole on the underside of it :bolt:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:07:48 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 11:05:48 PM »
imho, the MA is not the place for a squad of 12+ guys to wing up and work individual cons to death.

:huh  It's the arena with the largest numbers...  Where else are squads supposed to practice on multi v multi engagements?  Scenarios, and only scenarios?  I disagree.

I can't get over the ridiculous amount of whining some people do over logging into a free for all arena and finding... a free for all.  IMO what makes the Main Arena fun is the fact that it's unpredictable, and the only thing stopping people from beating you is what they can do, and what they can't.  Numbers on all sides ebb and flow, sometimes you've got the local air superiority, sometimes the other side does.  How do you expect people to only try to shoot you down in ways you find acceptable in that kind of chaos?

How is it reasonable to dive into a crowd of 5 enemy planes and expect only the one you're trying to shoot at to engage you?  Please, someone explain this in concrete terms to me.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline shermanjr

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2011, 11:06:53 PM »
well i have been playing for last 3 years and noticed less and less honor here everyone just wants their 2 sec of glory when they land
475th fg dgs
404th fighter group Winter SKy Deth ground
361 st fg
1st pursuit squadron avg
+flyingfury+ main arena
in game name pattonjr

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2011, 12:55:06 AM »
well i have been playing for last 3 years and noticed less and less honor here everyone just wants their 2 sec of glory when they land
Sorry sir. Dweebs/more dweebs rule the skies.
Youre not alone, i hear you.
AoM
City of ice

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2011, 01:03:57 AM »
I've been flying online flight combat simulator's since Air Warrior in 1996, and I've not noticed that pilots today fly any less honorably today than they did 15 years.  On the other hand, I've noticed that a small minority of the community has become substantially more outspoken, critical and insulting to their fellow gamers.

These insults are really the only dishonorable behavior I've noticed, but in fairness it was already there (to a much lesser degree) in 1996.  The big difference today vs. then is that the rest of the community has grown weary of chastising these outspoken whiner's, which in my opinion has emboldened them.  In my experience, treating others with respect is a prerequisite for being honorable.  The day you log on to the forums, or sign into the game, and use that time to degrade or insult your fellow gamer is a day that you have chosen to squander your honor.  In any contest I've ever been in, there have only been 2 means to measure my opponents honor.  That being whether they follow the rules, and display good sportsmanship.  

In my opinion, criticizing or insulting an opponent is poor sportsmanship, and detracts from the fun that all hope to find from Aces High.  

vNucks

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2011, 01:13:54 AM »
Take off your rose colored glasses, stomp them into shards, and then jam those shards in someone's face. The AH community has about as much honor, as it has proper spelling and punctuation.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:19:37 AM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2011, 01:17:06 AM »
Take off your rose colored glasses, and stomp them into shards. Then proceed to jam those shards in someone's face. The AH community has about as much honor as it has proper spelling and punctuation.

Fixed I think
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2011, 01:23:53 AM »
If anything, that's worse. I threw an extra "and" in there, so the folks who have to read out loud wouldn't be confused.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2011, 02:23:44 AM »
still there, we had some great sorties and fights with even numbers, ppl asked on a flyby if someone is in trouble, numbers was even so we denied.
Got great fun the last days, nothing to discuss, it all about what you do about it

Salute
dhyran
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:09:55 AM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2011, 03:05:22 AM »
Bottom line is the only one I can control is me.  Accepting that fact and playing the game in a way that I believe is respectful of other players is all I can do.

That and not getting worked up because someone doesn't play it my way :)

Guppy is my puppet............
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."