Author Topic: wat ever happended to pilots with honor  (Read 20035 times)

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: wat ever happended to pilots with honor
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2012, 05:41:45 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:24:15 AM by hitech »
See Rule #4

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »
Deleted for the quotation of another posters rule #4
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:24:52 AM by hitech »

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #362 on: March 28, 2012, 05:46:07 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:25:07 AM by hitech »
See Rule #4

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #363 on: March 28, 2012, 05:57:45 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:25:19 AM by hitech »

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #364 on: March 28, 2012, 06:54:27 PM »

« Reply #346 on: Today at 06:52:56 AM »
If you want to fly by a certain set of rules, the DA is open for that. Once in the MA, you know anything goes. It is a simulation of COMBAT. A sergeant major told me once that combat is a team sport. So if you are engaged with a 1v1 and someone else comes in, well thats not fair, that's combat.

Sometimes I ask someone, hey you ok with that plane down there? And if they don't answer, or they say hey give me a hand, I come in, often times at a disadvantage for myself. If they say no go away, I got this, I go on and hope that he doesn't screw up and allow the OPFOR plane to get away to do damage to my mission or my team.

When we are suppressing a base for a take, you bet I will vulch you. That is why I rarely up from one of those bases, and I understand I may get vulched when I do. I up elsewhere and come in on top to break up the vulch. That is part of defending the base.

In short, I know that in the MA anything goes. I expect it. I use mission planning and tactics to try to stay alive and get home. Staying true to my team, to my wingman, are honorable.
Report to moderator     Logged

A couple days ago my squaddie zrex and i came across u and magoo ( i believe) u 2 in ponies us in 190A8s, a great fight ensued, we had one friendly join, then u had a friendly 262 show, i believe it lasted about 10-15min with us dodging your Bnz's with the 262 coming in as well, rex and i thought it was a fun engagement even tho we were shot down.
  When i  get ganged or picked or whatever, i know its my own fault and that is how the MA plays out.
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #365 on: March 29, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »
Hey that was you! AWESOME FIGHT sir! We had allot of fun and finally, I forget who it was last, I glanced down at my status and called out to Magoo, "Its time to GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" lol. It was to close to your base and way to far from ours for my taste there at the last. I had been having a few days of a slump, doing stupid things with bad judgement such as augering after taking down a hanger  :bhead so I wanted to get out while it was a high point, especially after such a tough fight.

:salute

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #366 on: March 29, 2012, 10:28:41 AM »
Hey I remember a few days ago Scotty, I was climbing out of a base in a P51D for a change. And got these 3 high alt cons coming in.. That was you in the high 190 if I remember correct? I got involved with one of your teammates for a dogfight, and you and the other guy stayed out of the fight. I know I did not put up much of a fight in that P51, I mean.. I was never any danger to any of you, but the fact that you actually stayed out and let me fight for my life in a 1vs1, that is HONOR man!  :aok I will remember that for a long time..  :salute
TheStig

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #367 on: March 29, 2012, 10:37:20 AM »
Last times I was in the DA the HO'ing, ganging, picking...ect was even worse then the mains. I guess if you go in with ONE other player. But even then I bet you get some knucklehead lifting off to pick you off in his P-51.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #368 on: March 29, 2012, 10:39:55 AM »
And another thing I just wanted to say.. If you ever see me in a dogfight and ask me over vox if I am ok with that enemy, and I don't answer.. It is not because I am ignoring you, it is just the simple fact that I don't use a mic and in a dogfight I am not always able to type back any answer if I'm busy twisting and turning my plane..   :joystick: :D

But as long as you see me in a 1vs1 I am usually ok with it, even if I get killed I am still ok with it.  :aok
TheStig

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #369 on: March 29, 2012, 10:44:40 AM »
Last times I was in the DA the HO'ing, ganging, picking...ect was even worse then the mains. I guess if you go in with ONE other player. But even then I bet you get some knucklehead lifting off to pick you off in his P-51.

I agree Rich, I used to be a hardcore DA player myself a few years back.. Now I can't stand the place anymore..  :frown:
Was in there last night because my squaddies wanted me to join them, but after 3-4 sorties I just had to leave, that place is just not for me anymore for some reason..  :uhoh
TheStig

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #370 on: March 29, 2012, 10:47:05 AM »
Here's my two cents on the subject.  When I sit down and log into Aces High there is one player I have control over and that's myself.  I hope for the best and expect the worst which is about all you can do when dealing with a large enough population of people, if anything Aces High is a great experiment in social dynamics.  I guess what I'm saying is I can't worry too much about other players and things I have no control over, instead I try to focus on what I can control and that's how I interact with other players, and how I conduct myself, some nights are better than others.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #371 on: March 29, 2012, 10:48:33 AM »
Well put Soulyss!  :aok
+1
TheStig

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #372 on: March 29, 2012, 10:55:19 AM »
Here's my two cents on the subject.  When I sit down and log into Aces High there is one player I have control over and that's myself.  I hope for the best and expect the worst which is about all you can do when dealing with a large enough population of people, if anything Aces High is a great experiment in social dynamics.  I guess what I'm saying is I can't worry too much about other players and things I have no control over, instead I try to focus on what I can control and that's how I interact with other players, and how I conduct myself, some nights are better than others.

I  think this  may be the best way to look at things.  Also in Juggler's  tag line is a good quote about revenge in the hanger I just can't think of it  at the moment.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #373 on: March 29, 2012, 11:03:36 AM »
Yes very well said Soulyss   :salute
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #374 on: March 29, 2012, 12:08:10 PM »
Soulyss idea of helping a squaddie that is on the deck with 6 cons on him......

OK Shuff he fired turn left now.... ok ok that piece was not important.. just an elevator your ok keep going......

I get a play by play of what parts I lose so I know exactly what I have to work with. He is very helpful in such cases and someone we cannot do without in the 80th.

We actually developed a weight chart for partial 38s that we use regularly.

:D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)