Author Topic: wat ever happended to pilots with honor  (Read 18692 times)

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
Re: wat ever happended to pilots with honor
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 03:25:23 AM »
I chased a bomber that hit my strats i came up killed a bomber and killed the second one, I then said Ima let that last one live bud, I hate it when I cant land my damage, haha he landed 15k and I didnt even make it back do to running outa fuel Lol oh well at least he was able to land
The bombers give the boom and the fighters give the zoom

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2011, 03:55:21 AM »
I wonder if the word honour is appropriate, and yet I think I know exactly what you mean.

I agree with what Oneway said that it is symptomatic of the results-centred culture which tends to prevail. In other words the way you arrived at the result is nowadays meaningless.

In Aces High this announces as people attacking damaged aircraft, three and upwards fighters simultaneaously attacking one enemy, people running to ack to solve their ACM problems and then coming out for the 'kill' when the opponent has turned away or is already engaged, and so on.

I think Guppy's post is very wise. If you really believe that 'honour', as you put it, is important, then act according to your beliefs but do not expect others to reciprocate as this path only leads to frustration.

Perhaps it is a difficult but worhy endeavour, to value your reputation more than your own score or ego?
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2011, 04:31:47 AM »
Honor?  :lol Do you really expect that out of 3 or 4 hundred people all thrown in one room together to ALL display your code of conduct? You got little Tommy that'd sell his sister for a kill, JoeMo smoking dope and old Earl doing shots of Jack on climbout just looking to piss the next guy off cause he can't make this months house payment.
You got a scoring system and community that holds the #1 guys on a pedistal (spell check please). Honor from all ain't happening my man. Good luck on your search for the Holy Grail.

Oh, and a BBS that just stirs the pot.  :aok
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:33:22 AM by uptown »
Charlie don't surf!

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 04:43:47 AM »
I can't get over the ridiculous amount of whining some people do over logging into a free for all arena and finding... a free for all.  

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2011, 04:59:18 AM »
You got little Tommy that'd sell his sister for a kill...

I think I met him!  :rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2011, 05:35:33 AM »
Wait. You mean it's scored by how many kills I get?
You mean I've been playing for the last 10 yrs thinking that
I get points when others kill me, not me kill them?

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2011, 06:43:29 AM »
I think I met him!  :rofl
Little Tommy, gawd I hate that kid. :devil
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2011, 06:57:11 AM »
everybody is too worried about seeing their names in lights. Game isn't about skill anymore it's about shutting down bases to take them and pick pick pick. Take 1/2 the guys ranked under 50 in here and fight them lol ain't much w/out their horde and their tempest.

<3
                                         DMGOD

pick pick pick.........calling the kettle black are we :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2011, 08:29:17 AM »
Here's for respect:

If you see an enemy fighting 2-3 of your allies.  Respect your enemy but more importantly, respect your allies, by finding someone else to shoot at.  Nothing weaker than being the 5th or 6th hero in on a fight.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2011, 08:42:13 AM »
Here's for respect:

If you see an enemy fighting 2-3 of your allies.  Respect your enemy but more importantly, respect your allies, by finding someone else to shoot at.  Nothing weaker than being the 5th or 6th hero in on a fight.

tunnel vision! Same effect that when a guy realizes you are flying a perk plane, and will run you down no matter what's around.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2011, 09:32:31 AM »
Its all this simple:
3 of you vs 1 -- lame
2v1 -- not fun
1v1 -- fun
1v2 -- demanding, but can be the best fun
1v3 -- not fun
Yet there are plenty of gangers everywhere. What can you do?
- be a stupid (dead) pilot, then beyotch on 200 (like me)
- force yourself to be a hearthless dweeb in the MAs and rule the skies, but be a knight when youre in an 1v1
- became a gangster, sink deeper and deeper, get a K/D of 15+
Its all on you  : )
AoM
City of ice

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »
Replace "honor" with "sportsmanship" and the issue gets a little clearer.

+1 on on:

Here's for respect:

Life Lesson.

Expect to be killed when you run out of ammo trying to shoot someone else down.

Expect to be HO'd when you go head to head.

Expect to be killed when you are on fumes and want to leave a fight.

Expect that your expectations of people will not be shared by others.

Then, when you are let go, are waved off with a salute and well fought message, and generally left with warm wishes you will be surprised, but pleasantly.

Expect and Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.  If you always expect they will do something other than you want them to do, you will never be disappointed or let down.  Much easier thing to control ones own expectations than the countless numbers around you.

Also you gotta consider the guy who just came in and picked you was himself getting picked all night and decided he had enough of it. Or you were fighting too close to his base or whatever. I'll pick in certain situations myself but I usually apologize, even if I don't know the poor bastid.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2011, 10:21:53 AM »
lol

"Indignation" posts on a forum for an internet GAME are hilarious.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2011, 11:33:25 AM »
Its all this simple:
3 of you vs 1 -- lame
2v1 -- not fun
1v1 -- fun
1v3 -- not fun
- force yourself to be a hearthless dweeb in the MAs and rule the skies, but be a knight when youre in an 1v1

You're forgetting a whole slew of possibilities that crop up in the MA though...

2v2- fun
3v3- quite fun
10v10- now we're talking

Then you've got all the possible permutations 2v3, 2v4, 5v8, 3v6... 6v3 with 4 reinforcements on the horizon....  Actually, that's a pretty good example.  What is the honorable thing to do if you're one of the 6 in a 6v3, and there's 4 red dots heading in to help their buddies?  Do you sit back and let 3 of your buddies engage the 3, and let yourselves get outnumbered?  Or do you help kill as many of the 3 quickly as you can so you're prepared for the incoming wave?

All of these make for chaos, unpredictability, and fun.  The ebb and flow of a furball is vastly more fun to me than 1v1 cold merge dueling all night.  If you want 2 player gameplay, why are you logging into a server that has 400-odd people in it?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2011, 12:02:04 PM »
Its all this simple:
3 of you vs 1 -- lame
2v1 -- not fun
1v1 -- fun
1v3 -- not fun

The better question is to look at it from the side of the ganger,...

how do you like them assists!? does it make you feel accomplished? wtg, you landed 10 assists an no kills!

quite frankly, when ganging, it gets boring very fast as there is not a challenge thus no risk (no excitement) and no sense of 'accomplishment' as neither risk or the awarded kill was given.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)