Author Topic: Voice setting keep resetting to default  (Read 235 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Voice setting keep resetting to default
« on: July 13, 2011, 10:01:04 AM »
I use the new Vox settings that max out voice volume which then activates the Db correction mode which I set to about 50%. I check Vox by either tuning to myself or asking someone and vox is loud and clear. After as little as ten minutes, I get "Turn you mic up." or "fix your mic". I open the voice settings and they are back to default. I fix and teh process repeats.

I hit apply and then hit OK after making changes.

When opening Preferences; Voice...It is always showing default settings. Does opening the menu create a reset to default settings? Or is my system/game resetting itself for some reason, and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks.

Vinkman  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Voice setting keep resetting to default
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 10:49:34 AM »
I believe this is the same for everyone at the moment.  Been a lot of posts about it.  Maybe it'll be one of the fixes
in the next update. 

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: Voice setting keep resetting to default
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 11:53:32 AM »
I use the new Vox settings that max out voice volume which then activates the Db correction mode which I set to about 50%. I check Vox by either tuning to myself or asking someone and vox is loud and clear. After as little as ten minutes, I get "Turn you mic up." or "fix your mic". I open the voice settings and they are back to default. I fix and teh process repeats.

I hit apply and then hit OK after making changes.

When opening Preferences; Voice...It is always showing default settings. Does opening the menu create a reset to default settings? Or is my system/game resetting itself for some reason, and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks.

Vinkman  :salute

When I was using the Turtle Beach AKR8 headset (USB interface) after the latest audio updates I would occasionally get people complaining about how they can't hear me or make out what I'm saying.  If I tune myself in vox (you can put your game handle in the vox channel box and hear yourself talk) it would be very quiet and a little scratchy/distorted.  I learned that if I simply alt-tabbed out of the game and came back without changing any settings then everything would be fine.  This never happened until v2.24

I recently switched to the Turtle Beach HPA2 headset (got a great deal on Ebay and it connects to the on-board sound through the jacks on the back of the computer instead of through USB) and I have not had a single problem with it since.

I will admit the audio settings are a bit buggy.  I once ran into a problem where my dog unplugged my AKR8 while I was flying.  I plugged it back in but couldn't get the audio set right.  I rebooted the computer and loaded AH and even though the audio settings showed the correct settings, it still didn't work.  I had to select an incorrect audio device and then reselect the correct settings to get it to work.  Not a big deal just a little bit goofy is all.

BTW This is with Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.