Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13146 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 04:18:34 PM »
You basically only get to switch once a day now, doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. Instead of being to be able to play for every single country in a given night now you can only play for two. Will there be guys who wanted to switch to country A but accidentally picked country B and are stuck with them till the next day? Sure, and it's a pain. I'd like to thank the combination of the mega-squads and the supposed white knights of the community that do everything the code will allow to thwart them.

Only true if you live in the East Coast of the USA and start playing a 3pm when you get back from school. For everyone else, who start later once their families are all settled in and they are back from work, or don't live on the east coast of the USA, there are hardly enough people playing to get a good fight as it is, and now this, there will be nothing to do when you log in.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 04:18:47 PM »
it puts an effective stop to those  who changed countries to meet friends or to find a fight that doesn't consist only of a full green darbar.

They might as well get rid of ENY as well.  Even if you're on the largest numbered side, you won't be able to do much about it as numbers can fluctuate pretty wildly over a twelve hour span.

Increasing it to 2 or even 4 hours would of been irritating but ok. Setting it at 12 hours is far too excessive, imho.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 04:20:20 PM »
Two thumbs down, just lousy   :(
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 04:20:40 PM »

I don't even change sides that often..but this is going to hurt.....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 04:29:28 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 04:22:21 PM »
garr argg ah  rabble rabble squeak this is stupid.... :D

:cry

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 04:25:38 PM »
Before jumping the gun, I'd like to know the reasoning behind this move.  Seems like it came out of nowhere.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 04:26:55 PM »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 04:27:18 PM »
about time, it gets old saving some guy's buttt so I can fight him a few minutes later when he switched.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 04:28:05 PM »
When the knights were close to winning the last map bish squads jumped aboard thinking they was going to get perkies i guess, complete BS on their part and shows how people value the ol mighty perks and play accordingly.

OH, those bad Bishes....  I guess the Knights and Rooks Squads have never done that.  Give those Bishes 20 lashes.

:banana:     :bolt:

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 04:31:16 PM »
Doesn't this make the game even more country oriented?

We are all part of the community what ever country we are on.

I would also like to see the reason behind the change.
Strokes

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 04:32:50 PM »
Only true if you live in the East Coast of the USA and start playing a 3pm when you get back from school. For everyone else, who start later once their families are all settled in and they are back from work, or don't live on the east coast of the USA, there are hardly enough people playing to get a good fight as it is, and now this, there will be nothing to do when you log in.

How does living in a timezone besides Eastern stop you from switching sides? Say you log in at 10pm, play for 30 minutes, and decide to switch sides. You switch sides at 10:30 and that's all you get for the night. You can switch again if you want tomorrow.

They might as well get rid of ENY as well.  Even if you're on the largest numbered side, you won't be able to do much about it as numbers can fluctuate pretty wildly over a twelve hour span.

Increasing it to 2 or even 4 hours would of been irritating but ok. Setting it at 12 hours is far too excessive, imho.

I was thinking about that as well. 12 hours doesn't seem to take the ENY system into account. You can only switch twice a day but the ENY can change in the blink of an eye, after you use your nightly side-switch all you can do if ENY gets out of hand is leave.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 04:33:55 PM »
Before jumping the gun, I'd like to know the reasoning behind this move.  Seems like it came out of nowhere.

Maybe Zoom has it right with this post here...

When the knights were close to winning the last map bish squads jumped aboard thinking they was going to get perkies i guess, complete BS on their part and shows how people value the ol mighty perks and play accordingly.

Personally I don't know how much it will matter. It will certainly cut down on country jumping to get perks (even tho that doesn't work) and it might cut back a bit on the "spying" tho I won't count on that either.

You still get to switch once a night/day. Your just going to need some good communication before you jump to be sure your jumping into a country that has what your looking for for the rest of your flying that night.

If it helps clean up some of the "crappy gameplay" I'm all for it, but I don't really think it's going to help much. I can't wait until the ENY cry's go up   :devil   

Offline F6Fraven

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 04:36:12 PM »
I have a very busy lifestyle and I only have a few hours a day to play (if that). I only enjoy dogfighting, I won't help take bases, bomb, or gv. If I log into an arena and there's no fight going on or the ENY is up I'll switch countries without a second thought, and when the fight dies down I'll switch to another country, possibly even the one I was fighting against. Make it 12 hours before I can change countries and that limits my flight time even more.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »
How does living in a timezone besides Eastern stop you from switching sides? Say you log in at 10pm, play for 30 minutes, and decide to switch sides. You switch sides at 10:30 and that's all you get for the night. You can switch again if you want tomorrow.

Because There is not a consistent number playing the game so when playing from other timezones, there are much less people playing the game. Ie, someone playing a 9pm in PST time would see less people playing than someone who started playing at 9pm EST.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline whopper2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »
Thank GOD!

This has been needed for years and years.

Thank you HTC staff!  I'd pay an extra $10 bucks a month to keep it permanently.
GONE