Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13181 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #465 on: July 24, 2011, 08:51:57 AM »
good fights come form opposing sides of equal skill rather than equal numbers, in my experience.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #466 on: July 24, 2011, 09:26:40 AM »
Is levi that guy who is good in a spit? Heard his name tossed around before.

Most folks are good in a spit.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #467 on: July 24, 2011, 09:28:17 AM »
Yesterday I got to play for about 7 hours. The day started out ok with a few fights going on here and there. Soon.... about an hour in, the Rook horde formed and started hitting the Bish. Very few fights, an few picks on low defenders, bomb a couple of GVs  :devil I could have switched, but I figured the fight up north looked to be a horde too so I didn't bother (join the Knight horde, or fight against the Knight or Rook horde, neither sounded fun).

So I decided to work on my GVing skill  :rolleyes: Found a smaller fight, figuring I might have a better chance to survive a bit longer, and rolled out. Got dead with a single shot, never saw hijm, never heard him. Rolled again, and got off a few rounds and killed a guy  :x  Moved up a bit to a new possition. Sure enough the guy comes back, and I hit him twice and he stops with a hedge between us. I hear him start and stop a number of times like he's inching up (how do you do that?) I keep watching for him to peek out with my finger on the trigger. BOOM! I'm dead, never saw him peek out. Tuff to GV when you can't take a single hit  :(

So I again think about changing sides, but numbers look the same, Bish getting hammered from both sides. A squadie logs on so I wing a couple with him and break for supper. After a couple pounds of pizza hits bottom Im back. Bish numbers are climbing and the Rook horde is hitting them head on! Great! No not so great, all it is, is a bunch of players HOing each other and reupping over and over again. Might as well just give them A-bombs and get it over quicker. Switch over to the other front against the Knights and get one flight in before the Knight horde arrives. Now my choices are get HOed on one front, or ganged on the other..... hmmmmm..... what to do???  :rolleyes:

Moral of the story is the sides are not "balanced", and when they do get close in numbers poor game play ruins the fun. Had I done my one switch for the day to get away from the rook horde I could have then been stuck flying with the Knit or Bish horde. I guess the COD mentality of running through a fight firering at everything until your dead to reup and do it again and again is they way the game is going.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #468 on: July 24, 2011, 11:17:30 AM »
fugitive don't forget the bishop horde that kept attacking a9 for at least two hours, double dar bar and all.  killed hangars several times but we some how manage to keep it till late st night.

dude all sides horde at any time. get over it.  you want to have a small fight, then pm some people and start your own little fight.

I played just as long as you did.  started doing some noe missions with a few 20 or 30 others lol. when I got tired of that, started killing ords with squadies to slow down the bishops.  then, took defended p11 several times another big lol there.  then upped a tank to defend a9, a few kills there til I got bombed.  more fighter sorties to defend it.  when I got bored then saw a small fight with the rooks, lots of fun there.  log got an hour to have dinner.  came back and had more fights against perhaps ten or so bishops that didn't want to horde in the north.  then I logged.

was a fun day a little of everything.  I had fun and I blame nobody except myself for that.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #469 on: July 24, 2011, 12:31:32 PM »
fugitive don't forget the bishop horde that kept attacking a9 for at least two hours, double dar bar and all.  killed hangars several times but we some how manage to keep it till late st night.

dude all sides horde at any time. get over it.  you want to have a small fight, then pm some people and start your own little fight.

I played just as long as you did.  started doing some noe missions with a few 20 or 30 others lol. when I got tired of that, started killing ords with squadies to slow down the bishops.  then, took defended p11 several times another big lol there.  then upped a tank to defend a9, a few kills there til I got bombed.  more fighter sorties to defend it.  when I got bored then saw a small fight with the rooks, lots of fun there.  log got an hour to have dinner.  came back and had more fights against perhaps ten or so bishops that didn't want to horde in the north.  then I logged.

was a fun day a little of everything.  I had fun and I blame nobody except myself for that.

semp

Thank-you for making my point. This game is no longer about learning a skill and compeating. It's all about running around fireing your guns until you die then up and do it again.

NOE with 20-30 guys, yup lots of fun there! Lets see shoot and bomb buildings that don't move or shoot back, vulch slowly moving planes that can't defend themselves unless you fly in front of their guns. WOW!!! thats fun for about 2 minutes then all it is is rinse and repeat.

Killing ords, LOL!!! yup those ords are tuff targets!! I don't know how many times I've been killed by them!  :rolleyes:

Taking a port???? did you hold a meeting and make plans? Taking a port is a V base with less hangers.

The whole point is why play? It's like playing stratego against yourself! HTC might as well set up the arenas like a shooting gallery with big splashes showing the point values as you hit the targets. Maybe some ducks to knock over. There is nothing but hiding in the horde, or hiding under dar.

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #470 on: July 24, 2011, 01:32:30 PM »
Not smart.
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
« Reply #471 on: July 24, 2011, 03:54:19 PM »
Most folks are good in a spit.

True, but there is always someone who is better. Be it spit, 190, or zeke etc. Dueling same planes in the DA quickly shows who is good, and who thought they were good.

And yes, in his prime Levi was a beast.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #472 on: July 24, 2011, 05:00:42 PM »
 :rofl i made it 8 pages!

:aok htc

:old: grass is always greener on the other side.

:airplane: mission posted 5 min  :airplane:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #473 on: July 24, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »

The whole point is why play? It's like playing stratego against yourself! HTC might as well set up the arenas like a shooting gallery with big splashes showing the point values as you hit the targets. Maybe some ducks to knock over. There is nothing but hiding in the horde, or hiding under dar.

I give up.  somebody as smart as you should've realized by now that nobody is going to play the game to make it fun for you.  it aint gonna happen.  you dont have fun, perhaps you should take the advise you have given so many others, quit the game.

Like I said before when I have fun I have nobody but me to blame for it  :salute.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #474 on: July 24, 2011, 06:37:39 PM »
I give up.  somebody as smart as you should've realized by now that nobody is going to play the game to make it fun for you.  it aint gonna happen. 

Why not? I play so others can have fun. I could fly strait into people HOin, or I could dive to the deck and run for the ack every time someone turns there nose towards me. But I don't, I give them a fight. I'll reup a number of times in a GV even tho I stink in one, just to hunt and be hunted. If I didn't some GVers would get bored waiting for someone else to show.

you dont have fun, perhaps you should take the advise you have given so many others, quit the game.

Like I said before when I have fun I have nobody but me to blame for it  :salute.

semp

I didn't say I don't have fun, I was questioning why people play that way, it can't possibly be fun for more than 10 minutes.

Once you learn to hit a static target, it's pretty easy and a bit boring to do. Once you learn to NOT hit trees and sneak a base with 30 or 40 or your closest friends (half don't even have a target when they get there), it gets easy and boring as well.  Unfortunately it seems that todays players don't care to advance and learn the tougher things like fighting A2A, both heavy and light. How to take bases with 10 guys instead of 30-40. To have a running tank battle in Tank Town (if they can't spawn camp "it's toooooo hard!!!" <say with the whiniest voice you can do). Todays players are mediocre, and seem happy with it.

Which is too bad, they are missing out on what could be a great game if they gave it a shot.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #475 on: July 24, 2011, 07:00:03 PM »
The least fun thing in the world is trying to make everyone see things your way.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #476 on: July 24, 2011, 07:47:22 PM »
I give up.  somebody as smart as you should've realized by now that nobody is going to play the game to make it fun for you.  it aint gonna happen.  you dont have fun, perhaps you should take the advise you have given so many others, quit the game.

semp

I think the question is, why would people not want to compete against other players in an online game.  That's what doesn't make sense.  For a lot of us old timers that is what is hard to understand.  Why come to an online game and play it like an offline game?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #477 on: July 24, 2011, 08:05:22 PM »
I think the question is, why would people not want to compete against other players in an online game.  That's what doesn't make sense.  For a lot of us old timers that is what is hard to understand.  Why come to an online game and play it like an offline game?

I just want to fly a p51 or 190d9 and pick & gang already outnumbered enemies. I also want to run from every situation in which I don't have a numerical adv and if I am forced into a 1v1, I'm going to ho, and run away.  Occasionally, I'll up a spit 8, spit 16, or Brewster, wait for others to get engaged in fights, then latch on to them like a fly on poop and spray my guns until they are killed, (prob from a pilot wound).   I don't understand why people can't find fights, I always look for the largest green dar bar. :D

And about offline mode, no one gives me high-5s and wtgs for my kills, and I have to spend time setting up a mission where I can always win... too much work.
I hope this answered your question.  :joystick: :joystick:
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #478 on: July 24, 2011, 10:30:48 PM »
This one has gone completely off topic. So time to put it out of it's misery.