Author Topic: HO or no HO?  (Read 6758 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
HO or no HO?
« on: July 20, 2011, 02:25:41 PM »
Sequence of six screenshots:

Pulled trigger here:

External view:

Rounds landed:

I think no HO since he had no gun solution on me, esp when I pulled the trigger.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: HO or no HO?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 02:26:19 PM »
Not a HO. His guns were never pointed at you and by the looks of it you two were maneuvering.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Stogie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 02:27:59 PM »
Not a HO
80th FS "Headhunters"Nose Art

S.A.P.P.-Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 02:32:35 PM »
Almost, but he's the one who turned right into your guns.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 02:34:10 PM »
There's a certain group that thinks a HO is ONLY when both planes have guns shots on each other, and it takes 2 to HO. I think they are mistaken and very myopic.

I think he tried to turn into you so hard he put himself in front of your guns. I think if you want to get technical, the very moment you shot him it was a HO, but you didn't mauver for it and it was HIS fault for turning right into your gunsight like that.

So technically yes, but the only reason he would cry out "You HOer!" is because he's mad at being shot down.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 02:37:40 PM »
There's a certain group that thinks a HO is ONLY when both planes have guns shots on each other, and it takes 2 to HO. I think they are mistaken and very myopic.

That would include me.  If the other guy can't pull the trigger when I do, I consider it not a head on shot, but a high angle deflection shot.  Had he been guns on me, I would not have pulled the trigger.

:old: Salvaging my good name one fact at a time.

:)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 02:51:12 PM »
Not a HO, but due to Lag it is entirely possible to the other pilot that it was a headon...but he appears to turn into your guns.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 03:03:31 PM »
With close in manuvering it's not a HO. Now when u close from 1000 out straight in it's a HO.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »
Not a HO. His guns were never pointed at you and by the looks of it you two were maneuvering.

Ditto. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
A Hot to Hot aspect shot, in the same class with a HO. Mind you, that is a good shot you took there, if a little HO-Hinty.
If your actual life depended on it, and not a cartoon, no one would turn it down. But in a 1vs1 cartoon knife fight, you effectivly kicked him the nuts.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 03:28:16 PM »
Seeing who was involved in this, I think you two already know the answer and that there is a hidden message to your post.   :noid
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 03:28:47 PM »

I think he tried to turn into you so hard he put himself in front of your guns. I think if you want to get technical, the very moment you shot him it was a HO, but you didn't mauver for it and it was HIS fault for turning right into your gunsight like that.

So technically yes, but the only reason he would cry out "You HOer!" is because he's mad at being shot down.

He ended up below me and to my right and at no point was he able to shoot and hit me.  No collision either.

Is that really technically a HO to you?  :headscratch:

If it is, why?

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 03:31:16 PM »
Seeing who was involved in this, I think you two already know the answer and that there is a hidden message to your post.   :noid

I <3 DMGOD.  :)

He's awesome.  :aok :salute

Offline iron650

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 03:31:43 PM »
Almost a Ho. No HO.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »
Ditto. :aok

Agreed, that was not a ho, the other player was about 20 degrees away from having a gun solution.

I <3 DMGOD.  :)

He's awesome.  :aok :salute

Don't worry, J0ch1m and DMGOD love you ;)
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)