Author Topic: M4 75mm gun  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: M4 75mm gun
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 11:42:19 PM »
Offline, I've killed a Tiger II through the front using the Panzer IV H.  It is hard though, have to hit the right spot on the turret facing.

Do you have film to show this? Because I call bullshait. Far as I can recall the Panzer 4's gun can not even penetrate enough MM's of armor to dent a King tiger and thats within 200 yards.

If you did with film to prove, then its clearly a bug for that matter, but I highly doubt there will be a video.
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 12:10:52 AM »
I can make one and email it too you if you like.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 12:17:27 AM »
film it and report it. Its a bug. The absolute thinnest armor on the turret is 150mm on the gun mantle, and even then its assuming they didn't just slap it on over the turret armor, and instead modeled the small area of overlap, and the gun mantle armor alone for the rest.

Panzer IV's maximum armor penetration is 136mm at 0yds, 0 degrees slope, at sea level.

Anything with a gun weaker than the Tiger I shouldn't be able to penetrate the Tiger II's frontal armor at any range.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 12:28:53 AM »
I have a film of it now.  Who wants a copy?

I kill the Tiger II two or three times, then bounce rounds off of other areas to demonstrate I haven't changed settings and made the gun hit harder, then I kill the Tiger II again.  Per the film, this is from 101 yard range.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
don't send it to us, post it in the bugs forum. This is a fairly large one if its as you say   :noid.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 12:38:53 AM »
don't send it to us, post it in the bugs forum. This is a fairly large one if its as you say   :noid.
I have no place to host the film.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 12:44:58 AM »
just you-tube that biotch. How long is the film? If its under 30 seconds, I can put it up if you don't have an account.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 12:47:47 AM »
It is about 90 seconds I think.  I can send it to you and you do what you like with it.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 12:48:19 AM »
please do

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 12:50:22 AM »
Send a private message to me with your email address and I'll send it off.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 01:51:06 AM »
Just tested with the panzer IV.

Very very very small weak spot + no telescopic sight = a tiger II will whoop a panzer IV's bellybutton with a belt all day long.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 01:58:03 AM »
Just tested with the panzer IV.

Very very very small weak spot + no telescopic sight = a tiger II will whoop a panzer IV's bellybutton with a belt all day long.
Absolutely.  As I just told a friend on the phone, the Panzer IV can do it, but it has to be from very short range when the Tiger II's gun is pointing right at you and one thing I can promise is that the Tiger II's round wont ricochet.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2011, 03:00:48 AM »
Panzer IV's maximum armor penetration is 136mm at 0yds, 0 degrees slope, at sea level.

you do realise that armour penetration figures are usually given for a % of hits (20/50/80% are common) not as an absolute number I assume?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 08:54:55 AM »
Absolutely.  As I just told a friend on the phone, the Panzer IV can do it, but it has to be from very short range when the Tiger II's gun is pointing right at you and one thing I can promise is that the Tiger II's round wont ricochet.

Wait are we talking about you are sitting a tank 10 feet away or combat distance away?
JG 52

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 09:58:31 AM »
Wait are we talking about you are sitting a tank 10 feet away or combat distance away?

You have to be close enough to shoot at an area that is approx 3' wide and 6" tall head on without a telescopic sight.  You also have to hit it twice.  The first shot will knock off the pintle gun and make some smoke.  The 2nd shot to the same tiny spot will separate the turret from the hull.

This is not something that will be useful in game.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:00:12 AM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.